Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:32 pm

As much as I would love Bra to be beaten to a pulp it doesn't feel the same way seeing that she's no longer Majin, that's why I appreciate Gast intervention.

But it feels unlikely that he can handle Vegetto on his own.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:40 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:51 pm Image

About time someone put their foot down with this guy...Saiyan.
The Super Duper Namekian had enough of this BS it seems.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Vegetto about yomgo Ss2 and no sell Gast.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:51 pm

It's like disciplining a dog, really. You want the punishment to come immediately, not after they've already forgotten about it. It's a shame the story went how it did, from that perspective.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Fuck Yeah Gast. He has the best DBM specials, and he's handling all the business. :)

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:00 am

Yuji wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:00 pm Gast's power seems to completely suppress one's Ki. Vegetto fell to the ground and seems to have lost his ability to fly. I wonder why Gast never used his ability in the fights.
He probably has a warrior's code and wants the fights to be fair.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:02 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:00 am
Yuji wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:00 pm Gast's power seems to completely suppress one's Ki. Vegetto fell to the ground and seems to have lost his ability to fly. I wonder why Gast never used his ability in the fights.
He probably has a warrior's code and wants the fights to be fair.
Or more likely, Salagir wrote himself into a corner and so gave Gast a power he’s never used before and as far as remember has never been hinted at having.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:07 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:02 amOr more likely, Salagir wrote himself into a corner and so gave Gast a power he’s never used before and as far as remember has never been hinted at having.
That too. With how Namakians are known for having special abilities, it's not really a bad plot point, as it fits with established lore.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:13 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:07 am
Lord Frieza wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:02 amOr more likely, Salagir wrote himself into a corner and so gave Gast a power he’s never used before and as far as remember has never been hinted at having.
That too. With how Namakians are known for having special abilities, it's not really a bad plot point, as it fits with established lore.
I will agree with that, as Gast has been able to disable Zen Buu and the full scope of his abilities are unknown. So far it’s the least silly way to save Bra Salagir has come up with.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:36 am

Salagir does an interview on Twitch. He answers mostly in French, but answers a few questions in English, too (Ex: What was the purpose of the Majin Rebellion, and why people hate Bra):

https://dbmenglish.freeforums.net/threa ... -on-twitch
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Umm.. so where was this Gast fella when Bra was running wild? couldn't he lend a stoic hand to Gohan before Bra turned him into North and South Gohan?

Fable

Post by Fable » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:28 pm Umm.. so where was this Gast fella when Bra was running wild? couldn't he lend a stoic hand to Gohan before Bra turned him into North and South Gohan?
Fable wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:49 pmHe was among those who were transported away from the arena.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:46 pm

The problem with this kind of power though is that once it's been used your badly handicapping what you can do with such a character.

Since Gast can drop the likes of Vegito and Buu with his magic, this means that currently none save XXI or maybe Buu can beat him. So at this point it's almost a guaranty that Gast must be killed for anyone who is not those character to even be a threat or it will fail at a vital moment making it pointless even having that power anyway outside of plot convenient moments like this. While a character can have powers that can shape the way the plot develops, it's something that really should only be in the hands of a villain or have better and more defined restrictions if it belongs to a hero. This is the very reason why Beerus and Whis , despite all all their restrictions, are often criticised by fans as super goes on because they could stop this crap at any point, they should stop it but chose not to so that we can have a plot. Zen-oh is at least kept out of the plot by how dangerous he is. Yet Gast has none of the reasons even Beerus has, being a lazy jerk, and so you end up creating questions about the story that simple cannot have a good enough answers. The good example of are characters Superman or Dr. Manhattan are either given very strict weaknesses or character flaws that stop them, or Sitama who's story is a parody of genre trops. None of which Gast has, we know nothing about him and his past, making him almost a character deus ex machina. I don't know if this could be fixed retroactively but by that point the story has lost some of its bite and telling us why after the fact seems more like making excuses rather then crafting a proper narrative.

Also if Bra faces him in battle, she can only win now via author interference, which completely cripples any excitement I had for their fight.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:29 am

Gast can disable SS3 which is unstable in DBM when Vegetto is pay attention to him.

I bet SS2 will work differently.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:10 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:29 am Gast can disable SS3 which is unstable in DBM when Vegetto is pay attention to him.

I bet SS2 will work differently.
Is this what's going on? They had Vegito go SS3 just so they could show why he can't go SS3?

Fable

Post by Fable » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Vegetto has spoken about SS3's drawback but I'm not sure if Salagir has ever confirmed it has any effect on Vegetto himself.
Whenever he's used SS3, it's always been for a brief moment.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:25 pm

As if Super Saiyan 3 needed to be nerfed even more. :roll: Oh well. At least they don't have God and Blue forms to make SS3 completely obsolete.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:56 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:25 pm As if Super Saiyan 3 needed to be nerfed even more. :roll: Oh well. At least they don't have God and Blue forms to make SS3 completely obsolete.
I always viewed this change as being on of Salagir's silly little changes to spite GT. I mean was Goku not being able to use SS3 in GT really that big a deal? It actually makes the fact he's been turned into a child have some consequences besides the fact he can't teleport. I know we all hated the idea but at least they actually did stuff with it.

Fable

Post by Fable » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:56 pmwas Goku not being able to use SS3 in GT really that big a deal? It actually makes the fact he's been turned into a child...
He was able to sustain it for a good while during his rematch against Baby.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:59 pm

Fable wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:32 pm
Lord Frieza wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:56 pmwas Goku not being able to use SS3 in GT really that big a deal? It actually makes the fact he's been turned into a child...
He was able to sustain it for a good while during his rematch against Baby.
I remember, but what I meant was that at least turning him into a child had tangible consequences beyond he’s not just little. The fact he could surpassed these limitations is fine, no different to how he trained his tail to be stronger.