Change one thing about a Dragon Ball series and make it better

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Re: Change one thing about a Dragon Ball series and make it better

Post by JamesDaSpaghettiTaco » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:05 am

DB- Haven't watched it that much so my opinion might not make much sense but here, less tournament arcs and maybe a bit more serious

DBZ- Make the Android/Cell Arc more consistent so it won't change its end goal, 357 times

DBGT- Fix some of the inconsistencies, and provide more interesting action scenes , especially in the Super 17 and Shadow Dragon Sagas

DBS- Fix the story overall, half of the series is a mess in terms of storytelling, the battle of gods arc was well written, aside from SSG, while the next one just wasn't, don't even get me started on SSJ Blue, the Universe 6 arc was ok, the Goku Black arc was a mess, while it was fun to watch it was a mess, and the Universe Survival arc was pretty good and gave a transformation to Goku that actually had meaning behind it, and the Broly movie was also pretty good. if we take the manga into consideration, the Moro Arc is actually the best one if you ask me.

marumuju
Patreon Supporter

Post by marumuju » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:09 pm

DB - Kamesennin randomly grabbing women could use some redrawing. Weird old man gags can be handled in some other way, and even Dr. Slump had redrawn art for some problematic parts, that weren't even that funny to begin with.

DBZ - If there would be one thing, more technique-based fighting would make for more interesting fights. Raw power-matching works, but one feels that the ideas are running out a bit.

Super - Bringing Freeza back feels unnecessary. After thinking about it a bit, I don't see that Super (manga) would get any worse if he would be cut out. Actually, if Piccolo would play a back-stabber the dynamic could be even more interesting.

GT I haven't seen…

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:00 pm

I have nothing particularly interesting to say other than I think there are a lot of fun ideas here and everyone is doing good work.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Yosheets
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yosheets » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:20 pm

DB - Have General Blue die sooner. He survived for way too long. It was almost as bad as Elder Toguro surviving everything in Yu Yu Hakusho... LOL.

DBZ - No battle powers. I was a heavy battle power debater back in 2011-2013, but even I realize it did more harm to the series than good.

DBGT - Omit the Super #17.

DBS - Skip BOG and FNF as story arcs, especially since they were very poorly animated to say the least.

PizzaShrapnel

Post by PizzaShrapnel » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:31 pm

Make all the characters gay and trans. Call me Netflix.

Edit: Some can be Pan too.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:31 am

Pan is already a Dragon Ball character.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:44 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:31 am Pan is already a Dragon Ball character.
Pan as in pansexual. :)
She/Her

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 am

PizzaShrapnel wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:31 pm Make all the characters gay and trans. Call me Netflix.

Edit: Some can be Pan too.
Nobody ever wants to acknowledge that as an obviously asexual/aromantic character Goku is already LGBTQA.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:03 am

Namekians are more of both asexual and aromantic, while most Saiyans are just aromantic. Both groups of people seem to prefer brotherhood and comradery over traditional more human-esque relationships and families, with Gine and Bardock being part of the small minority.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:00 pm

As with any time ace and aro folks are equated with fictional alien races from a comic book I just want to make it clear to anyone who might be reading this thread that being ace and aro is completely normal and something millions of people across the planet experience. If you do not experience sexual and/or romantic attraction then that if entirely valid and normal! ♥
She/Her