Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon May 26, 2008 9:41 am

It doesn't matter much to me what them damn lyrics say, I'm'ma still buy this fucker on release, both game and CD. :)

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon May 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Rory wrote:It doesn't matter much to me what them damn lyrics say, I'm'ma still buy this fucker on release, both game and CD. :)
Same, It's better than what I was expecting, I didn't think I'd end up buying it.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Don't know how legit this information is, but
Q: Why does it only go till the Cell Saga?

A: DIMPS says they had to leave the Buu saga out because it introduces so many new characters and gameplay variations like Fusion that the game wouldn't have been out this year. Expect new characters and arenas either through DLC or a new game next year.
Hopefully Dimps don't throw a Budokai 2 remake at us and decides to not make a proper Buu Saga story mode.

Source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300501

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm

I'm not much of a gamer, but the song is crazy awesome regardless of the language :D.
The Time Traveller wrote: While we tried to get the freedom,
[...]
People say, sometimes you must be half hard, less mean[?]
[...]
yeah, so there's peace on the world.
It's only for the [ass]
The first line could possibly be "While we tried to catch our freedom." Also:
- "heartless beast"
- "now there's peace on world" (Though I agree that it changes slightly each time it's said.)

Good job on the "translation" as a whole, though. I know I was only able to get a handful of the lyrics, myself. Everyone else's (mis)translations were pretty hilarious ("It's only 'cuz I'm black"?).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Tue May 27, 2008 1:54 am

sangofe wrote:Hopefully Dimps don't throw a Budokai 2 remake at us and decides to not make a proper Buu Saga story mode.
Probably the number one reason I'm dissapointed in the game going only up till Cell. The Buu saga, outside of the Sparking series, never really got that good of a story mode.

Really, if it meant pushing the game back till next year to add the fusion/whatever and get the Buu story mode done like the rest...I would've gladly waited. It would've been a much better game too and wouldn't feel like Budokai +.

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 am

Hopefully Burst Limit 2 won't feel like Budokai 2+, and instead it'll feel more of a Budokai 4.

If you catch my drift.

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Tue May 27, 2008 8:29 am

we don't need any updated budokai games anymore after burst limit!
what we neeed is shin budokai 3 8)
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Tue May 27, 2008 10:56 am

sangofe wrote:Don't know how legit this information is, but

A: DIMPS says they had to leave the Buu saga out because it introduces so many new characters and gameplay variations like Fusion that the game wouldn't have been out this year. Expect new characters and arenas either through DLC or a new game next year.
Hopefully Dimps don't throw a Budokai 2 remake at us and decides to not make a proper Buu Saga story mode.

Source:
I wrote that. :D

It was in an interview I read a few weeks back. They hinted at downloadable content and some surprises we're not expecting.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue May 27, 2008 11:06 am

Nyoibo wrote:
sangofe wrote:Don't know how legit this information is, but

Source:
I wrote that. :D

It was in an interview I read a few weeks back. They hinted at downloadable content and some surprises we're not expecting.
I see.
But Donny Clay has said there would not be any downloadable contents.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 am

finnishjuoppo wrote:we don't need any updated budokai games anymore after burst limit!
what we neeed is shin budokai 3 8)
Personally I want a game that has a detailed Buu Saga storymode with sexy cutscenes, destroyable environments. Something kinda a mix of Budokai and Sparking.

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Tue May 27, 2008 11:24 am

sangofe wrote:I see. But Donny Clay has said there would not be any downloadable contents.
Donny Clay also said there are just 5 stages, which is not true. Seriously, I think he's less informed than those who follow developer interviews.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue May 27, 2008 11:42 am

sangofe wrote:I see.
But Donny Clay has said there would not be any downloadable contents.
It goes without saying, Donny Clay has absolutely no influence or input in any of the DBZ games. He is just a figurehead for Atari. So ignore everything he says.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue May 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Question for everyone on a few shops they have same description they mention 5 game modes as a feature. I know the following :

1 - Story

2 - vs

3 - online

4 - tournament (Not sure on this I just assume but It'll be weird as I read world tournament arena is not in)

5 - ????

What is the 5th? Is it training? Ultimate Battle? or something else?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:32 pm

I really hope the Buu Saga content is downloadable. I don't want a Burst Limit 2, but that seems highly unlikely.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Tue May 27, 2008 12:42 pm

SSJmole wrote:Question for everyone on a few shops they have same description they mention 5 game modes as a feature. I know the following :

1 - Story

2 - vs

3 - online

4 - tournament (Not sure on this I just assume but It'll be weird as I read world tournament arena is not in)

5 - ????

There's Challenge mode, a la Shin Budokai with Survival/Time Attack mini games and such.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue May 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Okay, here are some other lyric possibilities after listening through the song a couple billion times over.
The Time Traveller wrote: Everything been going right in my years,
To me,
Everything's been goin' right in my yesterday
Millions seem to gather round to see what we do,
Dead grounds gonna be the grave for us,
People [or "Big crowds"] seem to gather 'round to see what we do
Dead grounds gonna be the ring for us
Well we risked the evil fighters,
they just have to dress up,
These lyrics just don't seem to fit. I still can't make sense of the first line, but the second line could possibly be "They're [as in "the villains"?] just under pressure."

As for the game itself, it looks like they've taken some liberties in changing some stuff around. From some clips I saw, it looks like Namek's already about to explode before Freeza kills Kuririn. Also, during the Cell and SSJ2 Gohan fight, Gohan doesn't power down to base form when finally falling to the ground. In the Freeza and Bardock confrontation, Freeza's not only not wearing any armor, but he gets out of his hover chair to kill Bardock. I'm not being a whiny fanboy; I'm just pointing out some changes I noticed.

I haven't played any of the DBZ fighting games before, but are slight changes like these expected from these games?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue May 27, 2008 1:32 pm

Nyoibo wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Question for everyone on a few shops they have same description they mention 5 game modes as a feature. I know the following :

1 - Story

2 - vs

3 - online

5 - ????

There's Challenge mode, a la Shin Budokai with Survival/Time Attack mini games and such.
Then there's the Ultimate Battle type modes from Budokai 3 where you can fight a series of characters in order to build stats and unlock certain characters.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed May 28, 2008 5:58 am

DaemonCorps wrote:Okay, here are some other lyric possibilities after listening through the song a couple billion times over.
The Time Traveller wrote: Everything been going right in my years,
To me,
Everything's been goin' right in my yesterday
Millions seem to gather round to see what we do,
Dead grounds gonna be the grave for us,
People [or "Big crowds"] seem to gather 'round to see what we do
Dead grounds gonna be the ring for us
Well we risked the evil fighters,
they just have to dress up,
These lyrics just don't seem to fit. I still can't make sense of the first line, but the second line could possibly be "They're [as in "the villains"?] just under pressure."
Lets just hope the CD has some fucking lyrics, I'm seeing too many problems with the lyrics I took down.
The only ones I'm pleased with is the Kiss me and go part, but it's probably wrong.
Adey wrote:Hopefully Burst Limit 2 won't feel like Budokai 2+, and instead it'll feel more of a Budokai 4.

If you catch my drift.
Hopefully there won't be a Burst Limit 2.

Hopefully it'll be like GTA4 where there won't be any sequels, just downloadable "episodes" and characters.

I'm still waiting for a game where you can make your own character.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 am

Dragonball Online has create a character.

Also Burst Limit is a fighting game, story mode shouldn't even be a thought in your head when playing a fighting game. If you desperately want to watch Dragonball Z, then do the obvious and watch it on DVD.

Of course there will be a sequal, it is inevitable. As long as it further improves the fighting engine then I'm not exactly bothered about the amount of characters in it or how many sagas are covered. If i did i would go play Tenkaichi which is so horribly unbalanced it shouldn't even be called a fighting game.

Look at Shin Budokai, it is THE best DBZ fighting game out and look at how small the character list is and how horrible the story mode is.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed May 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Vegeta Jr wrote:Dragonball Of course there will be a sequal, it is inevitable.
DRAGONBALL.
IT PRINTS MONEY! :D
But in all seriousness, yes, as long as the fighting system is improved, the story mode shouldn't bother you much.
Its not like your missing out.
We had 7 of them last gen, not including the handhelds.