Dragon Ball in Finnish!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball in Finnish!!

Post by TVfan721 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am

I remember seeing the infamous Finnish dub of Digimon, I think it was for the best that they never dubbed DBZ, though like others said, they should've aired the Japanese version rather than the Funimation one.

BeholdeR

Post by BeholdeR » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:43 am

sangofe wrote:
Also just thinking about dubbing the dragonball to finnish.. it seems so ridiculous haha >_<
Why do you think so? I think it'd been exiting.
Because to me, it sounds just so lame and corny to even think about how the words would sond like :D

''Voimakas energiahyökkäys!, Varokaa jokainen ''

''Powerful energy attack, take care everyone''

Also I just cant imagine them doing any good voice acting with the fights..or moves like ''special beam cannon'' '' erikoinen sädetykki'' :-D
fadeddreams5 wrote:If Gohan fights, he is 100% getting knocked the **** out.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:05 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
UltimateHammerBro wrote:
Lozjudai wrote:The only anime related that we got was Funimation dub of DBZ on saturday mornings for a while.
This is just lame. I know that dubbing in Finland is used very rarely, but if the anime isn't going to be dubbed, isn't it better to air the Japanese version than the English dub (I assume it was subbed BTW)?
There was also no dub for the Dutch version instead they used the "Ocean Dub" with subs.

Most of the shows didn't get dubbed back then in the Nederlands, thank God :angel: . And DragonBall Z was a problem airing here, It bursted in popularity and parents complained about the violence. Maybe that's why CartoonNetwork went off the air, and DragonBall Z stopped airing on Dutch TV. After a while, a new channel Yorin got the rights and started airing the last part of DBZ starting with Buu ending with GT If I remember right. They aired the episodes in a rush airing every day a new episode. I don't remember where I heard this from backthen, but I heard it would never air here again after Yorin. And it never aired here again sins then. Nowadays they only air nonviolence or minimum violence anime like Pokemon Yugioh and Inazuma Eleven

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:24 pm

I heard that the Finnish Dub used their own dubbed Intro of DBZ using German/Serbian/Croatian Dubs Instrumental and that's after they used the Funimation Dub.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:41 pm

I grew up reading the Danish Dragon Ball books and watching the German anime dub. One error which really annoyed me ever since I was a kid was during Goku's first SSJ transformation on Namek. After Krillin died, Goku yelled "He was just a child!" in both the Danish manga and German anime.

Does the Finnish, Norwegian and French manga have this stupid line as well?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:17 pm

I dont know if Finnish dubbing is bad but I would have loved to see a Finnish dub. I hope that with the years that have passed its less Agapio Digimon and more an actually worthy dub for Dragon Ball.

Also, Topic creator, did you watch Silver Fang aka Ginga Nagareboshi Gin? I cant actually spell the Finnish name...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:51 am

Jaetinh wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:41 pm I grew up reading the Danish Dragon Ball books and watching the German anime dub. One error which really annoyed me ever since I was a kid was during Goku's first SSJ transformation on Namek. After Krillin died, Goku yelled "He was just a child!" in both the Danish manga and German anime.

Does the Finnish, Norwegian and French manga have this stupid line as well?
He says absolutely no such thing in the Danish manga.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!