Skins/Themes For Modded Xbox Users

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaRealChrono

Skins/Themes For Modded Xbox Users

Post by DaRealChrono » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:21 am

*NOTE* These are for the original big black box, not the 360. :D

I'm not sure if this is quite the right forum, but it seemed more suitable than the video game section seeing how this isn't a really a video game discussion. :P

Anyways, I'm working on a personal project to skin the most important applications for homebrew Xbox. I'll use this thread to update the progress and what not.

I've already completed my skin for the home dashboard under Evolution X. This isn't the only one I plan on making, though. I want to try and get every major character, so if you have any clue where I can find good high-res, great artwork pictures, please send me a PM.

Dashboard & Playstation Emulator Skinned Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4lPe1ACDQ&fmt=18

Well, without further ado, here's what this theme looks like.

Dash:

Launch:

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ANQ7C014

Project currently working on: Playstation Emulator Skin[/code]
Last edited by DaRealChrono on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:22 am

Wow, the loading screen does look smexy!
Is this for normal Xbox?

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:37 am

Yeah modded with Evolution X. I guess you could use it on the 360 though if you choose it as your theme through USB. It would be the same picture for every blade though.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Can I use this for UnleashX, too?

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Man, that looks awesome. Too bad I don't have an xbox.
Trans rights, now!

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:03 pm

http://www.atari.com/dragonballz/goodie ... 0x1200.jpg

Use this picture of Vegeta. I think it's pretty cool.
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:44 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Can I use this for UnleashX, too?
Well you probably could, but you would have to code it to work with UnleashX. The way the skin is set up is in EvolutionX, so if you know how to code skins I don't see why not.

Then again I'm not sure if it matters. You could try uploading the skin to your directory and see if it works. The skin was made with an EvolutionX skinner though.

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:01 am

For the most part I have finished my Playstation Emulator skin, but it's not quite ready yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the font color black so it's easier to read. I posted a video of the skin in action in the first post, and I must say I actually impressed myself with how well it turned out. This also shows what the dashboard looks like in motion.

Expect a download for the skin sooner or later.

I'm not sure when I'll get started on other emulators, if there is a demand I probably will start sooner. It doesn't seem like many of you guys have a modded Xbox though, lol.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Makes me want to buy an Xbox!
Is it true that these consoles can get a virus called the 'Burning Ring Of Fire?'

I am torn between a PS3 and an Xbox... My sole reason for really needing one desperately, being that the new DBZ game is being released soon and...

I NEED IT! :x
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:49 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:Makes me want to buy an Xbox!
Is it true that these consoles can get a virus called the 'Burning Ring Of Fire?'

I am torn between a PS3 and an Xbox... My sole reason for really needing one desperately, being that the new DBZ game is being released soon and...

I NEED IT! :x
Lol, I've never heard of that. This is an Xbox 1 anyways though.

The closest to the virus you speak of in the Red Ring of Death, which isn't a virus but when you don't keep your Xbox 360 properly conditioned, like sticking it in a entertainment system where it keeps recycling hot air which causes things to go bad.

If I were you I would go Xbox 360, not only is it cheaper, but the game libary is ten-fold of the PS3s, and the online is 100x better than that of PS3. However you might want to discuss this further with other people in another thread. :D I don't wanna get this off-topic. :D

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:13 am

Just though you all would like this:

360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=71163

PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=71161

I'm getting one for my 360 because its almost a requirement for me :lol:
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]