How Many People Own Hyper Dimension?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaRealChrono

How Many People Own Hyper Dimension?

Post by DaRealChrono » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:21 am

Out of curiosity, that's all.

I bought a mint copy off of Ebay about a year ago along with a "modded" SNES. It really is just so much better of an experience then playing it on the emulators. The SNES pad is like no other.('8)')

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:53 pm

I do~

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:18 pm

I do too.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:09 am

I still own the box. :( I made the mistake of letting a friend borrow my game, and he moved away with it. When I finally tracked him down, he said that he let another friend borrow it. I never saw it again.

I had begged my mother to let me get it for my birthday after seeing a postage stamp sized picture in a Game Cave ad. This was all pre-internet, at least for my home. She agreed and I ordered it. I also had to buy a converter. Many many years later I learned that I could just snip the tabs out of the console. Those were the days.

Those are some funky tanlines on that SNES VegettoEX.

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:39 am

mrkaizoku wrote:I still own the box. :( I made the mistake of letting a friend borrow my game, and he moved away with it. When I finally tracked him down, he said that he let another friend borrow it. I never saw it again.

I had begged my mother to let me get it for my birthday after seeing a postage stamp sized picture in a Game Cave ad. This was all pre-internet, at least for my home. She agreed and I ordered it. I also had to buy a converter. Many many years later I learned that I could just snip the tabs out of the console. Those were the days.

Those are some funky tanlines on that SNES VegettoEX.
Man that sucks...Yeah, I have the box and instructions all still is semi-mint condition. The box is started to wear a little.

I wanted to say something about the SNES, but it can't really be helped. That's why I'm glad I bought a pre-"modded" SNES that was painted in Black and Gold...

Figured I'd share a picture for the sake of sharing a picture.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:17 am

I don't, and I don't own an SNES anymore either (mine had to be sold a long time ago). I've played a friends copy though.

I will say that buying an SNES-PC adapter and a dual PS2/N64-PC adapter made emulation gaming awesome. I play HD either with the SNES pad or with the PS2 Capcom arcade board.

If memory serves, Kunzait actually owns a physical copy. I know he has the converter and Butouden 2 and 3 at least.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 am

I'm going to buy it soon, along with Super Butoden 1-3. However my ZSNES will have to do until then. I really do enjoy this game.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 am

I had it in perfect condition, box and everything. I sold it to someone in this fourm.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:36 am

The more you guys talk about this game the cooler it sounds! I really wish I had a SNES, and until I find a way to get one I was wondering, is this game worth getting an emulator for and playing on the computer (and is that legal)? Thanks for the help and the awesome pictures you've been posting!

DaRealChrono

Post by DaRealChrono » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:The more you guys talk about this game the cooler it sounds! I really wish I had a SNES, and until I find a way to get one I was wondering, is this game worth getting an emulator for and playing on the computer (and is that legal)? Thanks for the help and the awesome pictures you've been posting!
It's a really good fighter, and in my opinion one of the better ones on the SNES. Not to mention the graphics are amazing for it's time. If you decide to buy it and a SNES then your going to have to do some work to the SNES before you can play it, unless you buy the Japanese version of the SNES. If you look at VegettoEXs' picture you can kinda see what I mean. American SNES aren't made to read Japanese cartridges. You may be able to find the fixed American consoles on Ebay so you don't have to go in with the pliers.

But you can emulate it to see if you like it. It's not legal unless you own the cartridge and most sites tell you to delete it within 24 hours.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:18 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:The more you guys talk about this game the cooler it sounds! I really wish I had a SNES, and until I find a way to get one I was wondering, is this game worth getting an emulator for and playing on the computer (and is that legal)? Thanks for the help and the awesome pictures you've been posting!
Hyper Dimension is kinda hard to enjoy with a keyboard, but, it isn't costing you anything to not download it.

And... downloading ROMs is technically illegal, but, the way I look at it, the game never came out in America, and the original developers aren't going to make a cent from you buying a used copy off of eBay. If you could actually buy it new or on the Virtual Console, it'd be a different story, but... Yeah.

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm

The "delete it within 24 hours" thing is false. If you own the game, you can have the rom, otherwise it's illegal, even if you keep it only 2 seconds.

But emulation is accepted since the editors don't make any money with the games anymore. That's why the reliable emulation websites don't offer GBA or PS2 games, unlike the warez websites.

Even Nintendo, who is known to be a little picky with this kind of things, doesn't give a damn about it.
Last edited by Shenron on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Hao_Kaiser wrote: Hyper Dimension is kinda hard to enjoy with a keyboard, but, it isn't costing you anything to not download it.
That's why you spend 5 bucks on the usb adapter and voila- full SNES experience, minus blowing in your cartridge (and some minor issues with more advanced games).
Shenron wrote: Even Nintendo, who is known to be a little picky with this kind of things, doesn't give a damn about it.
Yeah, but the Twilight Hack really pissed them off. Even still, they have been fairly lax about it (compared to Sony, who force firmware updates out the ass in their failed attempts to shut down Dark Alex).
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:56 pm

In my recent eBay spree, I got Butoden 2 and 3 as well as Hyper Dimension; only B3 doesn't have its original box and so on.

I can wait on Butoden 1. It goes for cheap all over eBay all of the time, and carded TMNT figures take priority :D
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm

The S wrote:In my recent eBay spree, I got Butoden 2 and 3 as well as Hyper Dimension; only B3 doesn't have its original box and so on.

I can wait on Butoden 1. It goes for cheap all over eBay all of the time, and carded TMNT figures take priority :D
remember that the first butouden is fuckin piece of doodoo diarhhea bullshit!
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:25 pm

finnishjuoppo wrote:
The S wrote:In my recent eBay spree, I got Butoden 2 and 3 as well as Hyper Dimension; only B3 doesn't have its original box and so on.

PROTIP:THE MORE YOU SWEAR THE MORE ACCURATE YOUR POINT IS!
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:21 pm

finnishjuoppo wrote:remember that the first butouden is fuckin piece of doodoo diarhhea bullshit!
...Angry Nintendo Nerd reference...?

Yes, I own Hyper Dimension and a near mint SNES complete with original colors intact. :P

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:55 pm

finnishjuoppo wrote:

Listen, I own a Mattel Hyperscan. Your unnecessarily vulgar review of Super Butoden 1 is not going to deter me from purchasing the game. I've played it elsewhere, and it is at least 40 times better than any game for that console.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:42 am

The S wrote:
finnishjuoppo wrote:

Listen, I own a Mattel Hyperscan. Your unnecessarily vulgar review of Super Butoden 1 is not going to deter me from purchasing the game. I've played it elsewhere, and it is at least 40 times better than any game for that console.
ok if you say so :wink:
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 am

Oh come on. We all love DB here, but please, don't say such a thing. There are plenty of SNES games which are way better than this one. And I say it despite the fact that I'm a Sega fangirl.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]