Thanks for everything, Mr. Yanami.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Thanks for everything, Mr. Yanami.

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:50 am

Mr. Yanami's narration made the Dragon Ball Story truly Legendary, he got you involved into the world, characters and events that were happening. Really amazing delivery on all fronts, thank you for all the hard work and let's hope you get to live on Kaio-sama's Planet now in the afterlife :P

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:48 pm

He had a fantastic voice. May he rest in peace.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Did anyone else watch an episode today just to bask in his glorious narration?
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:45 pm

I need to listen to a certain track in his honor. The very first piece of Music ever heard in the first episode of DRAGON BALL. Can someone help?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:40 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:07 am Loved his voice as the narrator, Kaio (plus others like King Furry and Dr. Briefs) and even though he was ultimately forced to retire from voice acting partway into Super for health reasons he still lived a long and accomplished life. RIP Mr. Yanami, you will always be known as the voice of Dragon Ball!!!!
Sir has voiced countless unnamed DragonBall characters even Roshi for a split second in og DB in TB & Babidi iirc. Alongside Mr. Daisuke Gori, Mr. Yanami has voiced multiple unnamed characters & absolute respect to both of them

damn
Beyond Newbie

Post by damn » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:17 am

RIP to this unforgettable legend.
Hopefully he's in a better place now.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:45 pm

My Condolence to his Family and his Friends.

I First heard him as a Kid in Budokai 1 for the PS2 which was also my Introduction to the Japanese Voice Cast. His Voice was pretty memorable and he did a great Job as a Narrator as well as his other Roles like Kaio Sama. Its very sad to see such a legend go, but at least he had a very long life, and still had some Years left after his Retirement.

May he Rest in Piece.

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:45 pm I need to listen to a certain track in his honor. The very first piece of Music ever heard in the first episode of DRAGON BALL. Can someone help?
Here is the Track that startet it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-FQsjykgzE

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:58 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I REALLY NEEDED IT. Thank you kindly, good person!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:58 pm THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I REALLY NEEDED IT. Thank you kindly, good person!
No problem.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:07 pm

Oh, sorry to hear.

This year many voice actors and also dub actors for DB are passing away. It makes oneself feel a bit old I guess...

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:28 pm

Should have heard about this sooner, the man was a legend even outside of DB. RIP, condolences to his family, friends, & co-workers.

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:27 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:55 pm Really sad that we have to get one of these threads every few months due to the age of the people working on the series. RIP.
Unfortunately that's a byproduct of having an older cast in a long running series.
Dragon Ball was always well regarded for having an all star cast of classically trained acting veteran's for almost all of its characters. I think one of the younger actors hired in the anime's original run was Ryo Horikawa, and he was in his early 30's. So the producer's of Dragon Ball made a conscious effort to hire actors with established work behind them.
Regardless our narrator will be missed.
We need a Steve Simmons retranslation of the manga.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:11 pm

Tian wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am Six years after we heard his last performances in Dragon Ball Super...

On the past December 3, our beloved Joji Yanami (King Kai, Narrator) has passed away.

https://kotaku.com/dragon-ball-voice-ac ... 211342/amp

R.I.P. Mr. Yanami.
R.I.P 🕊🕊🕊