Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Alruneia » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:09 pm

Wow, reading through those posts was a small adventure. :P
Though now I'm starting to wonder if Kusao's role in DBSSH will be as Future Trunks in a flashback to the Cell arc, as part of a recap of the history of the Red Ribbon Army or something. I really hope it's not gonna be that...
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:37 pm

Imagine Trunks appearing with a blue hair now. It would be the most literal definition of adding all the fuel in the world to the fire.

Dudes couldn't be consistent even if they tried.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:20 pm

The super super hero movie obviously takes place after Granolah and Moro. Now as to why Broly is on Beerus planet is something I’m curious about

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:18 am

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:20 pm The super super hero movie obviously takes place after Granolah and Moro. Now as to why Broly is on Beerus planet is something I’m curious about

Why's that obvious?

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:24 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:18 am Why's that obvious?
Pan is still a baby of sorts in the Moro arc and the Granolah arc takes place some time after it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:41 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:18 amWhy's that obvious?
Because you have Pan's age officially revealed for the movie. The "40 years" being mentioned again and again in Granola saga (though it's wrong, it tells you their intention on where to place this saga), among other things and details.

By paying a little bit of attention and doing some math, it becomes obvious when Movie 2 takes place.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:41 am
Because you have Pan's age officially revealed for the movie. The "40 years" being mentioned again and again in Granola saga (though it's wrong, it tells you their intention on where to place this saga), among other things and details.

By paying a little bit of attention and doing some math, it becomes obvious when Movie 2 takes place.
KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:24 am
Pan is still a baby of sorts in the Moro arc and the Granolah arc takes place some time after it.

All right. I haven't read any of the manga since the anime ended so I avoid spoilers. It's weird they're placing a movie in that time, I think, when they are planning for the anime tv series to come back.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:47 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 am
Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:41 am

KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:24 am

All right. I haven't read any of the manga since the anime ended so I avoid spoilers. It's weird they're placing a movie in that time, I think, when they are planning for the anime tv series to come back.
It's not even confirmed that they will adapt the Manga-only arcs to be fair.

For all we know, they could just be sides stories meant to fill the gap after the last major "Multiversal" event, which was the Tournament of Power.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:12 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:47 am It's not even confirmed that they will adapt the Manga-only arcs to be fair.

For all we know, they could just be sides stories meant to fill the gap after the last major "Multiversal" event, which was the Tournament of Power.
Not even close to true if you had seen the dragon ball panels last year. Some one asked a question about the Granolah arc regarding how it fits with Super Super hero. The Granolah arc is ongoing as they say meaning it has spoilers regarding the movie if they ain’t willing to answer that question.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:22 pm

KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:12 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:47 am It's not even confirmed that they will adapt the Manga-only arcs to be fair.

Not even close to true if you had seen the dragon ball panels last year. Some one asked a question about the Granolah arc regarding how it fits with Super Super hero. The Granolah arc is ongoing as they say meaning it has spoilers regarding the movie if they ain’t willing to answer that question.
The person who asked that question was naive, he basically asked them "How does the Granolah arc end?", obviously they're not going to answer that question and will find some excuse to avoid an answer.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:44 pm

Someone posted this on Gamefaqs with a source about this movie focusing on Gohan and Piccolo.
Source: https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 6mirQ&s=19
"This time, the story is centered around...Gohan and Piccolo", says Akio Iyoku about #DragonBallSuperSuperHero movie at the 2022 Toei Lineup Presentation held on Feb 3, today.

The movie releases in theatres in Japan on April 22!

I am still excited for the movie to come out. How I will see it depends on were it is available, ideally I would want to watch it on cinema. However if they don't bring it to cinema then I will wait to watch it online.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 amAll right. I haven't read any of the manga since the anime ended so I avoid spoilers. It's weird they're placing a movie in that time, I think, when they are planning for the anime tv series to come back.
It's not weird, we are still stuck in that ten-year gap between Majin Buu saga and the 28th tournament. However, seeing as this movie occurs in AGE 782 (two years after Universe Survival saga and Movie 1), there is plenty of room for the next series to also be stuck in this time frame if they want to set it before the tournament.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:06 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:22 pm
KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:12 pm

The person who asked that question was naive, he basically asked them "How does the Granolah arc end?", obviously they're not going to answer that question and will find some excuse to avoid an answer.
The Granolah arc was and is still ongoing so there was obvious spoilers. I’m gonna to assume that it will explain why and how Broly is on Beerus planet.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:10 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 pm
sangofe wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 amAll right. I haven't read any of the manga since the anime ended so I avoid spoilers. It's weird they're placing a movie in that time, I think, when they are planning for the anime tv series to come back.
It's not weird, we are still stuck in that ten-year gap between Majin Buu saga and the 28th tournament. However, seeing as this movie occurs in AGE 782 (two years after Universe Survival saga and Movie 1), there is plenty of room for the next series to also be stuck in this time frame if they want to set it before the tournament.
That 40 years thing in the Granolah arc is gonna annoy certain folk

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:12 pm

It already annoys me. Though not that much because I fully expect them to make these sort of mistakes.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:29 am

KentMan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:10 pm
Grimlock wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:51 pm
That 40 years thing in the Granolah arc is gonna annoy certain folk
It's weird because you'd think they adopt all the Manga into anime but I guess it doesn't really matter and doesn't need to spoil by having it in that time.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:44 am

What are you talking about? The Granolah arc is before the super super hero movie.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:39 am

It’s confirmed that there’s going to be a stage event for the movie at the DB Games Battle Hour next week.

There’s going to be an interview with Iyoku, Hayashida and the film’s director; Tetsuro Kodama. For some strange reason I thought the event was going to be this weekend. Oh well, I can wait another week.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:46 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:39 am It’s confirmed that there’s going to be a stage event for the movie at the DB Games Battle Hour next week.

There’s going to be an interview with Iyoku, Hayashida and the film’s director; Tetsuro Kodama. For some strange reason I thought the event was going to be this weekend. Oh well, I can wait another week.
Too much waiting must have more info

Mr_CINDER
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:31 am

KentMan wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:46 am
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:39 am It’s confirmed that there’s going to be a stage event for the movie at the DB Games Battle Hour next week.

Too much waiting must have more info
They are only focusing about video games and it seems this movie is secondary, Unfortunate that they barely even promoted this movie. I'm really concerned to see how this plays out