Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:26 pm

I guess I’m late to the party, but I didn’t even realize this movie got delayed.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:29 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:43 pm
Gt91 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:39 pm Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO both novels have been rescheduled to be released on 30th June, 2022

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1511755431185575942

Maybe the movie will be near that time.
A man can but only hope, I don't feel like waiting another 6 months for this film.
I'd jump for joy if this movie was delayed until September. For some reason I get the impression this movie isn't close to being done judging by the DBGBH footage in February and Kubota's comments when the movie was delayed. It's like they're flying by the seat of their pants.

I'm getting serious DBS preproduction vibes like when we didn't even get a trailer until a month before premiere.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:40 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:35 pmIDK about that bigger franchises than DB that are also considered "too big to fail" have released films that have bombed in recent times.
I agree DB isn't too big to fail since bigger franchises have had some flops or at least failed to breakeven. I think it's too early to claim Super Hero will flop It might underperform based on their expectations but it depends what they are. I don't expect it to gross that much above BoG or RoF to be honest. Some of the recent flops from Hollywood franchises were mostly fan service so continously doing that for DB isn't guaranteed to be successful and gross more than Super Hero.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:02 am

CashmanX wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:29 pm

I'd jump for joy if this movie was delayed until September. For some reason I get the impression this movie isn't close to being done judging by the DBGBH footage in February and Kubota's comments when the movie was delayed. It's like they're flying by the seat of their pants.

The rumor that Toei used the hacker excuse to postpone a movie that was no where near ready for release date is starting to sound more like the truth as time goes on. All the other shows they make are back on schedule now yet this movie is still postponed. At this point just cancel the movie and announce FighterZ 2 is in production and you can salvage this whole fiasco.

CashmanX wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:29 pm I'm getting serious DBS preproduction vibes like when we didn't even get a trailer until a month before premiere.

Same here, Best team of any work yet my ass :lol: (i cant believe Akio Iyoku would even say such blashphemy) the DBS Broly staff was the essentially the Toei All-Stars. This new staff is Chikashi Kubota and a bunch of no name CGI freelance bums Toei hired for the cheap off a site like Fiverr rushing to make a film.

i know its a stretch but my working theory for now is i feel the praise Arcsys got for their hard work on the visuals/animation of DBFZ got under Toei's skin. That many view what a small team at Arcsys was able to accomplish with 3DCG in 3yrs was equivalent if not superior to anything Toei is trying to do now or has done animated with Dragonball in the last 10 years aside from Broly. With the vast amount resources & staff they have thats embarrassing. So they wanted to prove themselves with this movie and are failing miserably.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:33 am

Just discovered that the official site now has character profiles. Any interesting tidbits in the text for those who can read japanese? Or is this old news and has been discussed already?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:10 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:33 am Just discovered that the official site now has character profiles. Any interesting tidbits in the text for those who can read japanese? Or is this old news and has been discussed already?
Yeah, this is old news. I think you can read the translations somewhere on Twitter.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:21 am

dragonball0900 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:10 am
Luso Saiyan wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:33 am Just discovered that the official site now has character profiles. Any interesting tidbits in the text for those who can read japanese? Or is this old news and has been discussed already?
Yeah, this is old news. I think you can read the translations somewhere on Twitter.
I am once again asking you folks to remember that Kanzenshuu is a whole website :cry:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/2021/12/23/o ... much-more/
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:32 am

Looks like production on the film is still screwed up thanks to the attack on Toei's servers. It would appear quite a bit of the film's progress was lost, if I'm understanding the article right.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:20 pm

Things being “lost” and the impact on this film’s production are two separate statements in the linked article. It’s important not to conflate those two things unless further confirmation later comes and does so.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:21 am
dragonball0900 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:10 am
I am once again asking you folks to remember that Kanzenshuu is a whole website :cry:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/2021/12/23/o ... much-more/
Maybe it was added since then, but Trunks, Goten, Bulma, 18 and Krillin have untranslated profiles.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:17 pm

Found this by accident but it appears that an official Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero sticker album has come out in some Spanish speaking country and it covers the movie and other aspects of DBS manga. Here's a video review.

https://youtu.be/Ff9pUCPVeKE
The world is your's.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:48 am

Still expecting the release date to be late June since that's also the novel's new one. Hopefully they won't delay that again too, otherwise why even announce the new date in the first place.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:04 am

I'm not looking forward to the movie but media flopping mostly leads to execs drawing the "wrong" conclusion.
In this case "People don't want to see Gohan and Piccolo" instead of "People don't want to see mediocre BG".

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:48 pm

Jord wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:04 am I'm not looking forward to the movie but media flopping mostly leads to execs drawing the "wrong" conclusion.
In this case "People don't want to see Gohan and Piccolo" instead of "People don't want to see mediocre BG".
How about both? Seriously where is this huge swathe of the fanbase who asked for Gohan and Piccolo to lead a film? They havent done anything of worth since mid Buu saga so why should anyone care what story they want to tell about them. Goku, Vegeta, Broly is the only reason anyone cares about Super at this point. You'd think Toei would want to build goodwill for Super after all the complaints about it yet they are seriously about to release this horseshit called Superhero.

i said before this film is like making an Avengers movie but you leave out Ironmnan, Captain American, & Thor to have Warmachine and Ant-man as the leads who tf is watching that?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:39 pm

The whole Raditz image does look good for a hoax. I doubt Cell or Raditz would come back for the film, to be honest. I buy the whole idea of #13 coming back and Pan defeating becoming SSj to more likely than Raditz or Cell in the film. A major villain like Cell won't be used as the final act of the film. He would get his own movie or saga. Raditz already serve his purpose by showing how powerful the universe can be outide of Earth.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:41 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:17 pm Found this by accident but it appears that an official Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero sticker album has come out in some Spanish speaking country and it covers the movie and other aspects of DBS manga. Here's a video review.

Spanish speaker here. It's just a bunch of images from Heroes, Broly movie, Moro arc, Granolah arc and some sneak peeks from the movie (like Pan coming out of School, Vegeta in Blue, Broly in SSJ, etc). There's some anime colored images of the Moro arc as well.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:42 am

Pkjoan wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:41 pm
tinlunlau wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:17 pm Found this by accident but it appears that an official Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero sticker album has come out in some Spanish speaking country and it covers the movie and other aspects of DBS manga. Here's a video review.

Spanish speaker here. It's just a bunch of images from Heroes, Broly movie, Moro arc, Granolah arc and some sneak peeks from the movie (like Pan coming out of School, Vegeta in Blue, Broly in SSJ, etc). There's some anime colored images of the Moro arc as well.
Could this mean that Goku and Vegeta are going to help out in this movie?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:30 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:42 am
Pkjoan wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:41 pm

Could this mean that Goku and Vegeta are going to help out in this movie?
Who knows at this point.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:31 am

It's really hard looking at the album as something official when so so much of it is fanart.

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:31 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:48 pm this horseshit called Superhero.
I've said this before, but you're totally free not to enjoy or even watch this movie! I wouldn't force you to watch it even if I could! I do wish you'd just... and I don't mean this to be rude, but, just maybe post less? I think we all know your opinion and unless you have something new to say, it might be best just to leave some space for other people to contribute.