Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:28 pm

omaro34 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:24 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:35 pm I'm not saying the Shadow Dragons arc was good or anything, but someone's really got to punish these people for misusing the Divine Dragon Balls like this.

You could literally use the Dragon Balls to end all wars or famines, and yet you use them to
Literally shameless.
Wouldn’t be the first time the dragonball use has been questioned or intentions were selfish. Even in OG Dragonball Oolong wished for panties, Bulma wanted to wish for a boyfriend, Commander Red wanted to get taller, Freeza did too at one point later on, etc.

There should be consequences I agree. Getting a firmer butt is not even funny, let alone dedicating an entire scene to it. Anyone can get a nice figure if they eat right and consistently train their lower bodies lol, waste of a wish.
Back then they didn't witness all the world-destroying threats like Frieza, Majin Buu, and Zamasu.

In Super, they witnessed Frieza destroying the Earth and Zamasu causing the destruction of an entire timeline. You'd think they'd be more cautious with the Dragon Balls, just in case.

And some people say "oh but that's why they are a unique cast, they are not reasonable and smart", the shtick gets old after some time to be honest. For how long will we continue with the whole gag about Goku and co. being selfish and dumb?

Maybe we do need a Shadow Dragon arc after all, to remind them that Dragon Balls should be used sparingly and smartly.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:50 pm

Welp, other possible movie spoilers/leaks:

On the final villain: https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 2524442624
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 5435225088
On a certain game-exclusive character:
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... LZfug&s=19
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... LZfug&s=19
And apparently "a fan project gets canonised", or an aspect from/something about one gets introduced into the Toriyama canon https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 4v7JA&s=19

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm No, I still have a point because Toriyama doesn't need to write these scenarios, the staff of the film and publishing companies don't need to publish this in their products aimed at general family audiences, either.

There's Blooma being vain and then there's Toriyama dedicating a portion of a film to his ass-expansion kink, which, hey, I'm not here to kink-shame, I'm here to say "save it for an R18 project so the adults can actually enjoy this stuff without worrying about whether or not we're continuing centuries-long casual misogyny and objectification of femme-presenting people."
Blah blah blah blah

Take this toxic rhetoric elsewhere. It has nothing to do with the film or the work in question. Bulma is well-established as being vain and using her sex appeal to try and get what she wants since inception. With the main joke being it's only ever really worked on Roshi.
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:18 pm I never said Toriyama can't make the art he wants to, I said this shit is inappropriate for marketing and release towards kids. Which it is.
It's marketed towards Young Adults and Adults (ie; the people who grew up with and continue to support the IP). And young boys like pretty girls. Young girls ALSO like pretty girls. Keep this nonsense out of here. You want to talk about things marketed to kids? Think of how many times Bugs Bunny has dressed in drag or pretended to be Female for the explicit purpose of tricking and enticing his adversaries in order to manipulate them. Because he's done it a LOT.
dragonballhero wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 pm I'm... pretty sure Broly (the DBS movie) had her reluctantly admit to Goku, Vegeta, and Whis that she's been using the DBs for some time now to look about 5 years younger, AND that she apparently has been doing it FAR more than one time (much to Whis and Goku's surprise).
Goku mad the inference, which got Bulma upset. However there's no evidence she ever actually did. In fact there'd have been no time for her to have done so. After Buu the DB's weren't seen or used again until BoG, where they were used to learn about the SSG Ritual. Balls are now stone for the next year. When they're available again, Pilaf is gathering them and is then caught by Sorbet and Tagoma who use them to revive Freeza. Balls are stone again for another year. During which time Freeza comes back as Golden, gets killed, hunt for Super Dragonballs begins shortly after which kicks up into Universe 6 Tournament. Dragonballs are used again after that for filler and are then stone until after the ToP.

Bulma has no time prior or right after the ToP to search for the dragonballs as she was Pregnant before the ToP and was caring for baby Bulla after the ToP. We don't see the DB's again until DBS Broly, which is about 6mo post-ToP. And that's when Bulma had been gathering them up when she had time so she could make her wish to look younger.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Zelvin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:07 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 pm No, I still have a point because Toriyama doesn't need to write these scenarios, the staff of the film and publishing companies don't need to publish this in their products aimed at general family audiences, either.

There's Blooma being vain and then there's Toriyama dedicating a portion of a film to his ass-expansion kink, which, hey, I'm not here to kink-shame, I'm here to say "save it for an R18 project so the adults can actually enjoy this stuff without worrying about whether or not we're continuing centuries-long casual misogyny and objectification of femme-presenting people."
Blah blah blah blah

Take this toxic rhetoric elsewhere. It has nothing to do with the film or the work in question. Bulma is well-established as being vain and using her sex appeal to try and get what she wants since inception. With the main joke being it's only ever really worked on Roshi.
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:18 pm I never said Toriyama can't make the art he wants to, I said this shit is inappropriate for marketing and release towards kids. Which it is.
It's marketed towards Young Adults and Adults (ie; the people who grew up with and continue to support the IP). And young boys like pretty girls. Young girls ALSO like pretty girls. Keep this nonsense out of here. You want to talk about things marketed to kids? Think of how many times Bugs Bunny has dressed in drag or pretended to be Female for the explicit purpose of tricking and enticing his adversaries in order to manipulate them. Because he's done it a LOT.
dragonballhero wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 pm I'm... pretty sure Broly (the DBS movie) had her reluctantly admit to Goku, Vegeta, and Whis that she's been using the DBs for some time now to look about 5 years younger, AND that she apparently has been doing it FAR more than one time (much to Whis and Goku's surprise).
Goku mad the inference, which got Bulma upset. However there's no evidence she ever actually did. In fact there'd have been no time for her to have done so. After Buu the DB's weren't seen or used again until BoG, where they were used to learn about the SSG Ritual. Balls are now stone for the next year. When they're available again, Pilaf is gathering them and is then caught by Sorbet and Tagoma who use them to revive Freeza. Balls are stone again for another year. During which time Freeza comes back as Golden, gets killed, hunt for Super Dragonballs begins shortly after which kicks up into Universe 6 Tournament. Dragonballs are used again after that for filler and are then stone until after the ToP.

Bulma has no time prior or right after the ToP to search for the dragonballs as she was Pregnant before the ToP and was caring for baby Bulla after the ToP. We don't see the DB's again until DBS Broly, which is about 6mo post-ToP. And that's when Bulma had been gathering them up when she had time so she could make her wish to look younger.
Dragon Ball is primarily marketed toward the elementary and middle school crowd, not young adults.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:46 pm

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:50 pm And apparently "a fan project gets canonised", or an aspect from/something about one gets introduced into the Toriyama canon https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 4v7JA&s=19
Assuming that the guy's not just messing around, if something from Toyotaro's take on Dragon Ball AF (first thing that comes to mind) appears in DBSSH I think I'm going to die. (Not necessaily in a bad way, it's more in the way where you say "I'm dying" after laughing a little too hard a little too long.) If it's not that and it's something even wackier, like Gohan Blanco, then I'll definitely die.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:27 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:46 pm
Shorty GZ2 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:50 pm And apparently "a fan project gets canonised", or an aspect from/something about one gets introduced into the Toriyama canon https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 4v7JA&s=19
Assuming that the guy's not just messing around, if something from Toyotaro's take on Dragon Ball AF (first thing that comes to mind) appears in DBSSH I think I'm going to die. (Not necessaily in a bad way, it's more in the way where you say "I'm dying" after laughing a little too hard a little too long.) If it's not that and it's something even wackier, like Gohan Blanco, then I'll definitely die.
But what about Gohan Calvo

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 pm

pepd wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:27 pm
Alruneia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:46 pm
But what about Gohan Calvo
bald Gohan :shifty:
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:48 pm

So it is from Multiverse? It could be from AF or another well-known fan project, but it seems to much coincidence

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:03 pm

pepd wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:48 pm
So it is from Multiverse? It could be from AF or another well-known fan project, but it seems to much coincidence
I think what's almost worse than posting spoilers is someone only teasing they have spoilers. Granted I don't know much about him to judge if they're telling the truth or not but what's the point of doing that? Generate views and whatnot?

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:35 pm

:)
Skar wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:03 pm
I think what's almost worse than posting spoilers is someone only teasing they have spoilers. Granted I don't know much about him to judge if they're telling the truth or not but what's the point of doing that? Generate views and whatnot?
I remember when BOG was about to come out and a YouTuber had spoilers that said that Goku had flashback of his previous villains in his fight with Beerus....and then the movie came out and he delete the video lol.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:20 pm

More leaks/spoilers:

On Piccolo getting his Potential Unleashed form: https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... BG_5g&s=19
On Goten & Trunks https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... o6oHA&s=19

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:36 pm

Skar wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:03 pm
Clout chasing

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 pm

Herms translated the Piccolo/Videl/Gohan scene:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1532750314306084864

I absolutely love the comedy and characterization here. What about Piccolo makes you think he wants to be paid in stuffed animals?! Gohan is depicted as an airhead and inadvertently an asshole, which I think is really fun.

KingBradley

Post by KingBradley » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:33 pm

About these spoilers, there would be a "hint" but it's really very vague...

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:47 pm

Yeah, I would like to know why Gohan seems to deteriorate so rapidly after a scant few years of inactivity from training yet characters such as Krillin and Yamcha are able to maintain the lead ahead of Tenshinhan and Chaozu respectively. We have no confirmation on the positioning of the humans throughout the early and mid portions of Super but nothing has been provided to indicate the dynamics have changed; except for Roshi being deemed a more adequate set of boots to put on the ground compared to Yamcha and Chaozu despite his advanced age presumably making any prospects of substantial growth unlikely for him.

On that point, why has Gohan learned nothing from his previous stints of leaving the defence of his home world to others? Goku and Vegeta may be alive but they're not omnipresent. The conflicts against Freeza and Moro demonstrate the need to be prepared for holding the line in the event neither Saiyan is available. What happened to that page of him in the Future Trunks arc where he was explaining to Trunks how he's taken to one man training sessions in the Capsule Corp gravity chamber because he felt discouraged by his lack of ability to fight off threats when they come?

The notion of Piccolo turning to Shenron in order to artificially strengthen himself comes off as a needless shortcut. If he really felt like his conventional methods weren't proving to be enough then he could have asked someone to enter the ROSAT with him in order to train; he's only ever used the room once and that was by himself. Were it that Piccolo felt so strongly towards needing to improve by any means necessary then Elder Kaioshin's ritual would be the obvious path to take. It's an improved means of realising fighting potential then bringing it much further beyond their limits.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:26 am

I’m still avoiding this place in case of spoilers, but just wanted to drop by and let you all know that the film is 99 minutes long according to this website. DBS Broly is still the longest film by just 1 minute lol. Then there’s the BoG extended edition, which doesn’t really count.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:41 am

I really hope all these spoilers aren't true. I know I should wait for the release of the movie to judge it, but this is hurting. Well, for all of you out there hoping to see less people excited for the movie your wish has been granted. Congrats I guess.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:34 am

Piccolo after all these years.

Fuck training!

Next are Tien or Vegeta

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:39 am

So it's confirmed that Gohan is a character failure for the 3rd time

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... dbfaw&s=19

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:54 am

Soba Mask wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:39 am So it's confirmed that Gohan is a character failure for the 3rd time

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... dbfaw&s=19
So it pretty much confirms that manga is "non-canon" for this movie. Last time I've checked manga Gohan was training and was fighting as Mystic/Ultimate Gohan. How many times does he need to "come back"? It's surprising he still knows how to turn into Super Saiyan.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.