Where can I watch AB Vidéo's old DVD releases of DBZ Movies 1 and 2

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Where can I watch AB Vidéo's old DVD releases of DBZ Movies 1 and 2

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:36 pm

I was checking on the internet and see where I can watch the French dub of Movies 1 and 2 in its old DVD release in its MP4 format (which has the French OP/ED), and there's no luck. I checked on YT and the only thing I can find is the French dub of Movie 1, but it's the 16:9 remastered version with the Japanese OP and ED (probably Funimation's remastered sets). I didn't find the French dub of Movie 2 on the internet due to how it's always both YouTube and copyrights probably don't mix well. So, yeah. I couldn't find the French dub of Movies 1 - 2. Does anyone know where I can watch the French dub of Movies 1 - 2 in its MP4 file format (sourced from AB Vidéo's old DVD releases)? It's getting hard to find on the internet, but not as hard as the Polish dubs of DB, DBZ and DBGT.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Where can I watch AB Vidéo's old DVD releases of DBZ Movies 1 and 2

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:39 pm

Kanzenshuu isn't the place to ask for direct links to pirated materials. In general, we ask that you please purchase the things you're looking for when they were officially licensed and produced products in the first place.

Since I own it, I know that their release of DBZ movie 2 was pretty widely available on DVD (alongside movies 3 and 4). I believe movie 1 was a little more limited?

You can always check out second-hand sites like eBay and/or even from Japanese sellers like on Yahoo! Japan Auctions and Mercari to see if anyone is offloading their copies.

Things do exist beyond digital Internet bits!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:11 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:39 pmI believe movie 1 was a little more limited?
The real question is has anyone bought you a copy of that yet?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:37 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:11 pm The real question is has anyone bought you a copy of that yet?
They have not, so I'm ready to receive any time!!! 😂
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::