"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:42 pm

In before a new film is announced because Iyoku can have more influence over it than adapting a comic arc.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:41 pm

VegettoEX Ops my bad, thanks
shadd21 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:41 pm Is this a transalation error? It says a teaser to something is planned for New York comic con this October
Nope, it really says new teaser
-
Sorry for my ignorance, but was something db anime / film related ever announced in a comic con?
To me it smells like it's going to be something video game related, precisely Sparking Zero.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:45 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:41 pm VegettoEX Ops my bad, thanks
shadd21 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:41 pm Is this a transalation error? It says a teaser to something is planned for New York comic con this October
Nope, it really says new teaser
-
Sorry for my ignorance, but was something db anime / film related ever announced in a comic con?
To me it smells like it's going to be something video game related, precisely Sparking Zero.
Wasn't the first look at Super Hero shown there? All there was before it was just "We're working on another movie!"

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:56 pm

MuscleRobo indeed, thanks, so yeah I think we can trust that something anime or film related can be announced at comic con
But I still think it's gonna be Sparking Zero or something uninteresting (wouldn't be the first time lol)
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

MeMeDZEHH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:56 pm MuscleRobo indeed, thanks, so yeah I think we can trust that something anime or film related can be announced at comic con
But I still think it's gonna be Sparking Zero or something uninteresting (wouldn't be the first time lol)
Why would they announce a new mystery teaser for something that already has a teaser? It makes no sense to me.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:20 pm

How would you guys feel about a Time Patrol Trunks or Future Trunks movie?

I like the idea of Future Dragon Ball movies focusing on other characters than Vegeta or Goku.

If they don't go for the Time Patrol approach, I think it would be funny to have two Future Trunks in the same movie. Imagine a Trunks fusion where they have Blue & Purple hair lol

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:51 pm

MeMeDZEHH wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:09 pm Why would they announce a new mystery teaser for something that already has a teaser? It makes no sense to me.
You have a good point, well I believe it could be Sparking Zero because
1- It has been 6 months since that teaser was released, since then, no news, nothing has surfaced, so I think it's very possible that the general public already forgot about it
2- Releasing a new teaser would catch everyone on surprise
3- They could reveal the title and a snippet of the gameplay, surprising everyone again

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's something anime/film related announced (actually, I would, but, you know what I mean), it's just that I'm really skeptical about it after all these recent reports, I just don't feel that there's anything animation related being developed, but I could be wrong and I hope I am.
-
Bardock God of Time As long as it's Dragon Ball I would've loved it, but in all likelihood, why would they ever plan in making a time patrol film? Anything games related is super side project, I can only see that happening if they made those stuff canon.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:19 pm

Whatever it is getting announced, it’ll probably coincide with the 40th anniversary of the franchise. Finally.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:46 pm

The official twitter of DBS/SuperMovie has retweeted the panel...take it as you will.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:28 am

How it feels to be a Dragon Ball Super fan during 2018-2023...
All these Comic Con DB panels have been movie related so far. So I think there's a higher chance of a new movie coming out next year to celebrate 40 years of Dragon Ball.

We know for a fact that they've been making some kind of anime judging by Iyoku's comments last year. I really want the announcement to be the return of the Super TV series, but I feel like that won't be the case. I think it's most likely going to be a movie, or possibly that rumored web series that "leakers" on Twitter wouldn't shut up about.

Iyoku's been at all the Comic Con panels, but he most likely won't be there next month after these recent developments. :lol: Is it just going to be Hayashida at the panel? So many questions.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:52 am

shadd21 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:41 pm Is this a transalation error? https://dragonballsuper--france-fr.tran ... r_pto=wapp

It says a teaser to something is planned for New York comic con this October
It says a "mysterious teaser" will be showed the 12th of October this year during the Dragon Ball panel there. It does not say it's actually a Dragon Ball teaser or what it's for (probably it will be BT4). But we can hope this is something of significance. I'm surprised no youtube or twitter users have said anything about this.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/DB_official_jp/stat ... 6396637195
Here's the source for this, by the way.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:00 am

It's not a game related event. I don't think they are gonna show or focus on BT4 here when it hasn't even got a single magazine scan in V-Jump yet. All things considered, this rumored Web Anime has the biggest possibility to be announced here. That's also around the date the leakers mentioned :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:44 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:00 am It's not a game related event. I don't think they are gonna show or focus on BT4 here when it hasn't even got a single magazine scan in V-Jump yet. All things considered, this rumored Web Anime has the biggest possibility to be announced here. That's also around the date the leakers mentioned :thumbup:
I am putting the brakes on hoping because I don't want to be disappointed, again.

Jord

Post by Jord » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:32 am

I would be very surprised of we didn't see a movie or special to coincide with DB's 40th, just to cash in nostalgia.
I wouldn't think it's Super-related though. That brand is pretty much done.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:35 am

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1700137661397372951

Almost all Official DB accounts have RT’d the Comic Con panel news:

• Toei Animation (tweeted first but deleted)
• Official Super JP Account
• Dokkan Battle (Both JP & EN)
• SDBH Account
• DB Games Official Account
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

son_razor

Post by son_razor » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:15 am

Jord wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:32 am I would be very surprised of we didn't see a movie or special to coincide with DB's 40th, just to cash in nostalgia.
I wouldn't think it's Super-related though. That brand is pretty much done.
Lol. I doubt Super is done.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:15 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:35 am https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1700137661397372951

Almost all Official DB accounts have RT’d the Comic Con panel news:

• Toei Animation (tweeted first but deleted)
• Official Super JP Account
• Dokkan Battle (Both JP & EN)
• SDBH Account
• DB Games Official Account
Idk how, but I have it in my head now that this is just going to be Sandland news. That's completely ridiculous but I've just about given up on the anime returning.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:29 pm

New movie for the 40th anniversary is a safe bet, which I'd be all for if it finally ventures into post-Z territory, although we probably won't know much at this point, other than a teaser featuring adult Goku in the blue gi.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:41 pm

The 40th anniversary is coming. I hope the teaser is about something exciting and not a home release announcement of Super Hero without green tint.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:39 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:28 am We know for a fact that they've been making some kind of anime judging by Iyoku's comments last year.
He said almost the same thing in that New Year 2022 official video, if we consider that he referred to the same thing, then it was a whole year prior to Kubota's statement about there being no new animated production of the franchise in development.
So, or Kubota was wrong, or the project that Inyoku referred to has been shelved.
-
Agreed with IntangibleFancy, for me it seems way more likely that it's something Sandland related, maybe it's a new release date for the moive outside of japan, or something new.
-
Now, let's pretend that it's indeed Super 2 or the web anime, I personally think that the only things we will see at the comic con panel will be:
1-A working title
2-A concept art of a random character (probably Goku)
Based on these latest news we've been having, for me it's very unlikely that they have something else in a advanced development state
I think I'm on the side that it's going to be a new movie, simply because it seems that the only thing Shueisha has been letting Akio and his team to make are films and nothing more
-
Now I got curious about other thing, coincidentally a few months after the end of the super anime, we had the promo anime of Heroes, when super 2 or the web anime come out, does that mean the SDBH promo anime will end?