Promotional web anime for the Dragon Ball Super Divers arcade game

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TechExpert2021

Promotional web anime for the Dragon Ball Super Divers arcade game

Post by TechExpert2021 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:38 pm

With Dragon Ball Super Divers being recently announced as the successor to the Super Dragon Ball Heroes arcade game, would you think there would be a promotional web anime adaptation of the new Dragon Ball Super Divers arcade game, much like the Super Dragon Ball Heroes promotional web anime series from 2018, which is going to end sometime this year (or next year)?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Promotional web anime for the Dragon Ball Super Divers arcade game

Post by sangofe » Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am

You'd think so but if so I really hope it won't be in 3D.

TechExpert2021

Post by TechExpert2021 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am You'd think so but if so I really hope it won't be in 3D.
Maybe because 3D CGI animation doesn't properly work in a Dragon Ball anime/film or fans didn't like 3D animation in a Dragon Ball anime/film? Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is produced mainly in 3D CGI animation but the animation of the new Dragon Ball Daima anime is produced mainly in 2D instead.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue May 14, 2024 4:22 pm

The trailer looked really generic for me, we know nothing about yet but i'm not feeling that this is going to have any original stories with new characters, and I guess that this is necessary for a manga to be made? (In case you don't know, I say manga because Heroes had one and it was from there that the promotional anime came from)
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed May 15, 2024 3:14 am

TechExpert2021 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm
sangofe wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am You'd think so but if so I really hope it won't be in 3D.
Maybe because 3D CGI animation doesn't properly work in a Dragon Ball anime/film or fans didn't like 3D animation in a Dragon Ball anime/film? Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is produced mainly in 3D CGI animation but the animation of the new Dragon Ball Daima anime is produced mainly in 2D instead.
Have you been watching the newest episodes of the Heroes anime? It was bad enough in 2D but now it is completely unwatchable.