DBGT DVDs Green Brick/s Complete Series Release Information Enquiry

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
Pichi Pichi Gyaruo
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:48 pm
Location: Australia

DBGT DVDs Green Brick/s Complete Series Release Information Enquiry

Post by Pichi Pichi Gyaruo » Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:25 pm

I have a couple – what I suppose must be considered– very in-the-weeds questions about some technical A/V format stuff as well as physical production, pertaining to the release & revisions history of the Dragon Ball GT: The Complete Series set. If anyone here could answer one or both lines of enquiry, please do, so we can get this stuff on the record, I'd really appreciate that heaps! Also, this is actually my first post (well w/ this account as an adult anyways, had another like a decade & a half ago I can't get into), so hello! :wave:

So first, are the video files on the DVDs for the Madman distribution of the set PAL conversions (whether sped up or interpolated down) or the original NTSC video? Region alone doesn't always necessarily tell us this, there are NTSC R4 DVDs out there. Information on what you find in the stores right now most valuable.

Second, as far as Funimation's own version of the same set in North America (which's definitely NTSC), I'd like to know which package came first:

the two 'Green Bricks' seasons sheathed together by a single O-ring slipcover,
Image

[EDIT: ISBN is 1-4210-2456-X & UPC is 704400048777]

or this book-esque design sheathed by a five-sided box a lá a box set.
Image

[EDIT: ISBN is 1-4210-1811-X & UPC is 704400048760]

Both variants are on eBay, as well as what I know to be the newest fatpack clamshell case design which's still available new in stores. However, the manufacturing chronology would be interesting to try confirm, despite their content – I assume(?) – remaining the same between these various different presumably cost-cutting changes in packaging.

Thank you for reading! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pichi Pichi Gyaruo on Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Puto
I Live Here
Posts: 2673
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Portugal, Oeiras

Re: DBGT DVDs Green Brick/s Complete Series Release Information Enquiry

Post by Puto » Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:32 am

I know the Manga UK release at least is sped up to 25fps, with pitch correction.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

User avatar
Pichi Pichi Gyaruo
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:48 pm
Location: Australia

Re: DBGT DVDs Green Brick/s Complete Series Release Information Enquiry

Post by Pichi Pichi Gyaruo » Wed Sep 16, 2026 4:42 pm

Puto wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:32 am I know the Manga UK release at least is sped up to 25fps, with pitch correction.
IIRC, Manga UK's DVD releases were usually borrowed/repackaged from Madman's.

User avatar
Pichi Pichi Gyaruo
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:48 pm
Location: Australia

Re: DBGT DVDs Green Brick/s Complete Series Release Information Enquiry

Post by Pichi Pichi Gyaruo » Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:39 pm

I found the ISBN & UPC for both of these Funimation SKUs:

this one's ISBN is 1-4210-2456-X & its UPC is 704400048777,
Pichi Pichi Gyaruo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:25 pm the two 'Green Bricks' seasons sheathed together by a single O-ring slipcover,
Image
& this one's ISBN is 1-4210-1811-X & its UPC is 704400048760.
Pichi Pichi Gyaruo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:25 pm or this book-esque design sheathed by a five-sided box a lá a box set.
Image
Perhaps anyone knowledgeable in cataloguing schemes can say whether the above ISBNs & UPCs could be used to deduce which SKU came first? Also, after doing only a bit of searching to try document these packaging changes, I did just find the following forum post:

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/5294 ... 5D-43.html

which seems to list the latter UPC as 'Dragon Ball GT: The Complete Series (Old Version)'. The post is from December of 2013, therefore I think it's probably safe to say it came out first & the package just putting the two Green Bricks together was to cheap out. Still, any input or confirmation from others would be greatly appreciated!

Post Reply