SPARKING! ZERO - Final bosses of Limit Breaker Journey

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2822
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

SPARKING! ZERO - Final bosses of Limit Breaker Journey

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:01 pm

The Limit Breaker Journey mode offers a final boss that is adapted to the character you choose, with a special dialogue to go with it.
The three possible mid-bosses are also adapted with special dialogues (albeit much shorter, with just one line from each fighter), but this thread focuses on who is considered the worthy final opponent for each character, sometimes having crossovers happen between series (such as Super characters meeting GT characters). This final interaction is usually a four-lines back and forth between the final warriors.

Characters are placed in alphabetical order with the official English names used in the game.

No matter the form you choose to have, it counts for the same character in the mode, with cutscenes all happening in your base form regardless of the transformation you choose to have as a default during battles. So for example, the boss and dialogue is the same as long as you choose Goku (Super), no matter if you chose to be in his Super Saiyan form or Super Saiyan God, since he will have his base form during exploration and cutscenes.
On the contrary, the final boss can have a specific transformation already visible in the cutscene, such as being a Super Saiyan Blue.

The story bits and lines I write are not word-for-word because I don't copy the lines (I play in French anyway, so it wouldn't be the exact English lines even if I tried). I do take specific notes about what they say to each other, so although this might not be phrased the same way, this is the true interaction you'll find if playing the game, just a bit rephrased and with made-up extra description (in the game, they just face each other while saying their lines).

I don't promise to do EVERY single character and I do take my sweet time along weeks and months to do it, but you can still say if you'd like me to prioritize some specific characters if you're curious to see who their final boss is and what their final interaction is like, as I might pick them for my next playthrough. Try to go for just one at a time though if you have requests, don't say "do the whole Z cast" or "do all the villains" for example!

Feel free to say if you spot a mistake, such as the improper form being applied to the opponent for example. It's always possible that I forgot to mention an opponent's transformation when taking my notes about the situation and dialogues!

And also, I'm not a native English speaker, I might write some oddities without realizing it!


Image


ANDROID 17 (SUPER) kept a stoic face when raising his head to look at a giant ANILASA in front of him. "Guess I have to face you again, then" he muttered, with no expectation of an intelligent response from the creature whatsoever. No surprise there, the gigantic monster just roared without offering anything of substance to add. Ignoring that since he didn't plan on having a conversation anyway, the cyborg just went on with his thoughts spoken aloud, as if to compensate for the lack of interlocutor: "And what do you know, you're more powerful than before. This is not going to be a piece of cake, but I'm not planning on losing to you."



Image


ANDROID 18 showed a mixed expression of shock and disgust when facing the destructive HELLFIGHTER 17. "What the hell is this, 17? What happened to you?" she asked in a tone demanding a straight answer. And a straight answer she would have, as her brother smirked in a way she had never seen before, coldly replying "Simply the inevitable. We are meant to kill Goku before destroying the whole world, it's that simple." No matter how hard 18 looked at her sibling, there was no perceptible trace of humanity in any part of his being. Not in the actions, not in the gestures, not in the voice. Still bewildered by this nonsensical situation, she asked "What are you even talking about?! You've got to get it together, cause I will certainly not let you wreck havoc like this. I'll stop you if I have to, before you have a chance to hurt more people." Unfortunately, it seemed clear that there was no way to avoid the conflict when this ruthless 17 turned his cold eyes on her with a stance clearly showing his will to fight without any semblance of remorse, telling her "You don't stand a chance."



Image


BEERUS was always delighted to witness his brother CHAMPA having a tantrum, and never one to back down from a challenge. The god of destruction of the sixth universe angrily said "I'm sick of those baseball games and food contests. We settle it directly, in the good old-fashioned way, what do you say?" The answer was - as one could expect - a delicious way to add fuel to the fire: "You do realize I'm the god of destruction of the universe that was officially declared the strongest in the Tournament of Power, right? Saying you don't stand a chance doesn't even cover how hopeless you should feel if you were to fight me." But Champa was equally good at provocation: "Remind me again who actually won that tournament: wasn't it Goku and his friends that were proven to be the strongest? Perhaps actually stronger than you, that wouldn't be farfetched, don't you think?" Beerus' ego was poked as intended here, as this possibility seemed a little too close to what might become reality someday. His eyes turned into a more serious look towards his brother: "If it spares me from hearing nonsense, I think it's time to shut you up."



Image


BROLY (SUPER) felt some tension when facing GOGETA (SUPER) again in his Super Saiyan Blue form. It hadn't gone well for him the last time they had fought. Gogeta noticed the unease, and made an offer: "We don't have to go full power, you know? I can keep it lower than Super Saiyan Blue if you prefer." But Broly was quick to reject that possibility, as he had already understood that real training comes from being pushed to the limits. "If I want to get stronger, we can't hold back." He started calling on his full power, at the risk of losing his mind again, as it was uncertain if he was constantly able to keep control or if his ability to remain lucid just came and went... Gogeta knew what it could lead to: "Oh boy, he could actually prove to be a challenge if he loses it again at this point. Guess I'll just have to defeat him before the planet gets blown up or something."



Image


CABBA was once again facing VEGETA (SUPER) in his Super Saiyan Blue form. The last time it had happened, it had lasted for a few seconds before the young Saiyan had been swiftly knocked out. But things had changed, and he was glad to hear his master point it out with a proud smile on his face: "It's been a while. I can tell you've taken your training seriously." The prince's student was glad to confirm this: "That's right, and it's all thanks to you. You kept your promise to bring us all back, master!" Vegeta pointed out the opportunity that this gave him: "And now I get to test your newfound strength." Showing a display of pride towards his people, something that his master had insisted upon, Cabba replied with a smirk "Of course, let me show you! And I'm going to give it everything I've got, because the warrior I am represents all the Saiyans from planet Sadala!"



Image


FRIEZA (SUPER) was unimpressed when crossing the path of GOKU (SUPER) in his Ultra Instinct form. The Saiyan calmly stated an evidence the emperor could only concur with: "I'm starting to lose counts of the times we faced each other." Truthfully, there were not THAT many occurrences of the likes, but it did feel like it happened much more often than reality would have it. Not overly worried by the sight, Frieza observed the form Goku was showing with reignited curiosity: "What is the name of that transformation, again? I must confess I do have a bit of trouble keeping up with your evolution everytime we get to meet again." Goku's response was as annoying to the tyrant as ever: "Well, I do have to keep getting stronger to put a stop to your stupid plans over and over again." Yes, that habit of stopping him in his tracks was indeed not a rarity. It was actually starting to feed some dangerous level of frustration in Frieza, who was willing to tolerate Goku's existence somewhere in the universe only to a certain extent: "Make no mistake: it will only take one more occurrence of you getting in my way for me to end your life for good."



Image


FROST was already fuming at the mere sight of FRIEZA (SUPER) before he even heard the latter laugh and say "Poor little Frost. Having a little heartbreak from my casual betrayal at the Tournament of Power? Ah, the stupidity of trusting brand new 'friends'..." Frost was barely holding back from rushing at him: "And you dare to boast, throwing that to my face! You've got some nerve looking down on me like that!" But his opponent only seemed to enjoy the situation all the more: "How could I even resisting the temptation of seeing that expression of your face? Whether it's at the Tournament of Power or even right now, making you deliciously infuriated, you are but a worthless fool whose existence's purpose is to be stepped on for one's enjoyment.". The plan to attack Frost's ego worked masterfully as his rage was reaching new heights: "You ought to shut up right now, because today, YOU will taste humiliation, YOU will get some rightful payback WITH INTERESTS!!"



Image


FUSED ZAMASU was both appalled and thankful to have the opportunity to be face to face with VEGITO again, in his Super Saiyan Blue form, no less. Those pesky Saiyans had that usual arrogant smile of theirs, saying "Glad to fight you again, I'll be able to finish what I started last time." But Zamasu had retained the lesson from last time: "You may remember that your time is limited. A weakness that obviously doesn't concern the union between two gods. But who would that surprise? There we have yet another example - among thousands of them - that mortals could not even remotely hope to reach even an inch of the magnificence of the divine." Unbothered, perhaps expectedly so given mortals' inability to understand what is obvious to a deity, the opponent replies sarcastically: "You like to diss mortals for someone with a body that's actually half-mortal now. Why don't you stop babbling for a change and fight instead?" With a sigh of mixed boredom and annoyance, Zamasu somehow also feels glad that his opinions are confirmed by the Saiyans' behavior, although he truly didn't have a doubt about them in the first place: "You mortals don't ever get tired of repeating the same absurd mistakes, do you? You are simply unable to learn anything. As expected, the only way to deal with your nuisance is to purge the universe of all of you."



Image


FUTURE TRUNKS' despise for PERFECT CELL had not declined over the years, although he had other opponents in his mind these days. The monster smiled when seeing him: "Have I ever apologized for that unfortunate, deadly hole in your chest back then? At least, you seem to have improved quite a lot since those good old days. I guess you had a good reason to, somehow." The Saiyan had no time to dive into the details of his latest conflicts, and went with a short answer to imply that the creature was no longer the threat he worried about: "A reason that had nothing to do with you." Far from being frustrated, Cell kept on smiling: "Not until now. But that is good news: I take it that once I kill you for good this time, there will still be a worthy opponent out there to amuse me."



Image


GAMMA 2 felt a mix of shock and excitement at the sight of the giant monster that is HIRUDEGARN. "Now THAT is a force of nature that's worthy of an intervention, the typical, perfect opponent for a super hero!" The beast only reacted to him with a roar, apparently being more animal than anything else and unable to speak, obviously. The smile on Gamma's face vanished for a more serious look when he realized the threat that such a mindless creature represented. "It would be a disaster if that thing was left to roam around freely. It is my duty to defeat him, and I will."



Image


GOGETA (SUPER)'s interest spiked when suddenly facing VEGITO. The latter looked amused: "So THAT's the way you chose to combine, huh? Guess that means you had to perform those stupid dance moves?" That was clearly some healthy provocation to fire up the competition, and Gogeta was quick to play along and retort with a similar smile: "So what? Doesn't matter much once I come up on top. Cause why would I lose to a poser attached to his little shiny earrings?" Vegito's smile widened as he looked entertained by that answer: "And he's got some wit to go along with his little dance! How about we cut to the chase and settle who's the strongest?" Gogeta couldn't agree more, which was unsurprising since he was essentially talking to himself in a way: "Fine by me. I'll have no problem showing you I've got the upper hand, whether if it's with words or fists."



Image


GOHAN (SUPER HERO) was taken aback when seeing BEERUS himself standing in front of him: "Lord Beerus? I didn't expect that, but I must say this is an absolute honor to be able to duel with you." Beerus serenely smiled at those words, in a satisfied way that conveyed no aggression: "How pleasant to see you show me the respect I'm due. Unlike your father, sadly. Still, your Saiyan genes do have a hold on you, given your desire to accept that challenge beyond the respect you have for me."



Image


GOKU (SUPER) happened to face BROLY (SUPER) once again. Goku was surprised: "Seriously? Do I have to fight you again for real?" While he was used to sparring with the long-lost Saiyan for training, there was usually a level of restraint to go with it. But in this case, Goku's feeling that Broly was losing his mind again was confirmed as the latter only had enough consciousness to mutter "Kakarot...", one of the names Goku had introduced himself with, but that was totally uncommon to hear from the mouth of the 'new' Saiyan... "Hey wait, relax! Try to keep control! Oh boy, I don't think I can prevent it this time..." But the panic soon gave way to the excitement of the challenge: "Well, I wonder if I can actually take him on my own this time! Can't wait to found out!"



Image


GOKU (SUPER) ULTRA INSTINCT -SIGN- was looking at KEFLA with curiosity, as the latter vividly claimed: "Good that you're here! I want my revenge for the Tournament of Power!". He had often been told how single-minded he could be, but there was some serious competition in that regard with that feisty Saiyan, and - as always - he didn't hide what he thought for a second: "You're actually even more stubborn than I am." Kefla seemed to take it as a compliment given her smile: "I'm the kind that never gives up, it's as simple as that!"



Image


GOKU BLACK was not the least bit surprised to see yet again FUTURE TRUNKS standing in his way. Trunks went on with one of his usual ramblings, of course: "I'm done with your self-importance and the stupid plan that goes with it!" The deity was unimpressed: "You again, as always. You do threaten to bore me, I'll give you that." The Saiyan kept going on about what he perceived as his duty: "I promised my father I'd become the strongest there is! I won't lose!" Goku Black slightly tilted his head with curiosity: "You Saiyans manage to be both amusing and deeply stupid, with your futile attempts at resistance."



Image


HIT kept his composure as he saw VEGETA (SUPER) as a Super Saiyan Blue in front of him. The prince confidently smiled: "We haven't fought since that tournament." Hit honestly shared his analysis: "You have considerably improved since then." Vegeta didn't take the time to confirm the obvious, but he added a remark: "You're just another step in the stairs that lead me to being the strongest in the universe." The assassin is unphased by this statement, but states the difference between them: "How ambitious. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just interested in doing my job properly."



Image


JACO could feel a shiver of terror as he saw GOKU BLACK standing in front of him. The deity had a cold, almost hateful look in his eyes when looking at the symbol on Jaco: "Mortals are soiled by evil from the very day they are born. They are unfit for the application of justice by their own filthy hands. Their system is tainted by corruption, unfair condamnations. How could justice be applied by those who are blind to their own sins?" The galactic patrolman gathered all the courage within him and stood his ground: "There might be some truth to this. But just killing everybody is not the right solution either! As a member of the Galactic Patrol, I declare you're under arrest! So freeze... and wait for my backups because I'm clearly out of my depth here!" Goku Black sighs at this attitude: "And here is the confirmation of what I was just saying. There is no hope for a lackluster, so-called warrior of justice. Let's put an end to this sad sight."



Image


JIREN was now facing the imposing OMEGA SHENRON, noticing his high power level and sternly asking: "What exactly do you intend to do with that level of strength?" The dragon had no reason to pretend anything other than the simple truth: "I will destroy the Earth, and then galaxies, and then entire universes, why not? After all, mortals brought that negative energy upon themselves with their arrogance. They deserve nothing less as a retaliation." Jiren kept his poker face but stood a little more firmly, ready for action after hearing that and calmly stating: "The real arrogance here is to dare judge all mortals without distinction. A lesson you're about to learn the hard way."



Image


KEFLA looked delighted to see the promising, unknown yet familiar VEGITO, who clearly recognized her: "Oh yeah, you're the union between Caulifla and Kale, right? I'm the union between Vegeta and Kakarot." The woman smiled with interest at this piece of information that enlightened her as to why he felt oddly familiar: "So you two can perform that union thing too, then? Perfect! I'm going to use you to test my power!" Her opponent immediately scoffed at this: "Sorry, but you're still way too young to represent any kind of challenge to me." Kefla didn't let that disturb her in the slightest and smiled confidently: "Except THAT's not for you to decide, especially since my strength is simply limitless."



Image


PICCOLO (SUPER HERO) couldn't hold back a sigh as he saw the gigantic CELL MAX in front of him. "Seriously, do I have to face you again?" Of course, the creature had nothing to offer as an answer but a deafening roar. Piccolo had to resign himself to his face. "Fine, of course it's up to me to be forced to deal with mindless and moronic new version of Cell."



Image


VEGETA (SUPER) was always up for a challenge and facing JIREN would prove to be an interesting one now: "Good. I'm more than willing to take my revenge for what happened in the Tournament of Power." Jiren was unsurprised: "That much I could have guessed. I must say you have improved since then. It looks like you will be a worthy opponent this time." Vegeta smirked at this: "I've ALWAYS been a worthy opponent all along. The thing is that now, I might have become actually stronger than you."



Image


VEGITO was not too pleased to meet an enraged BROLY (SUPER): "Alright, seems like you've lost your mind again, huh?". With a savage roar as the only answer, the confirmation was enough for him to brace himself: "Fine, then. I'm going to end this quicker than when I was Gogeta."



Image


WHIS marveled at the sight of a yet unknown being like OMEGA SHENRON having this kind of power, gently smiling: "My, my... Yet again someone with an extraordinary amount of strength makes an appearance. Isn't the universe full of surprises?" The dragon didn't have his usual smirk while observing Whis and his eyes and mouth widened a bit when hearing the strange, thin being in front of him: "How can you sense my negative energy? Surely, you are not a common being of this universe... Regardless, I guess you're up to have a taste of the power that can wipe out an entire galaxy". The gentle expression on Whis' face gave way to a stern look: "A very impressive destructive power, indeed. And also deeply unsuited to someone who is not given the role and prerogatives of a God of Destruction." Despite the feeling that he was not facing an ordinary entity, Omega Shenron tried to rationalize when looking at his opponent: "I must say I wonder if such a frail-looking creature can truly stop me in my course."



Image


ZAMASU now had the god of destruction BEERUS standing right in front of him. He adapted his behavior accordingly, as it would be better to avoid the conflict altogether this time: "Lord Beerus, your presence is an honor." Beerus' face remained cold: "Give up the act, Zamasu. I know about the shenanigans you're up to." Zamasu kept his smile: "Such an ugly way to describe my great endeavour of divine justice." The destroyer swiftly replied: "Judging and applying the sentence is the privilege of the gods of destruction. You are not one of us as far as I remember." The Supreme Kai now caught in his narcissistic view of a perfect cosmos wouldn't be proven wrong no matter what: "But by not eradicating the mortals, you are acting as accomplices of their crimes. And thus, it becomes my calling to apply judgement upon all of you."