Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
-
Casual Matt
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1184
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:18 pm
- Location: Canada
Post
by Casual Matt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Rocketman wrote:It wasn't in the manga, so I doubt it was in the JPN version.
Note that Freeza can regenerate when he changes forms, though.
Wasn't that just when he went into his Final Form, (specifically his tail)? And that was because the previous forms were basically a shell for his true form. So it isn't really regeneration, in a sense. His old tail went away and his true form's tail was underneath.
I think his tail was cut in his second form, and remained cut in the third because it was the same tail.
Anyway, despite it becoming a trend later, Freeza couldn't regenerate, he couldn't learn to regenerate. And if he could, he would have probably killed everyone since he was one of the absolute strongest villains compared to the heroes at the time until Majin Boo. (He was eventually outclassed by Super Saiyan Son Goku, but not to the degree that Son Gohan outclassed Cell)
-
SonEric84
- Banned
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm
Post
by SonEric84 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:35 pm
Cypher wrote:I could have sworn profanity is allowed on these boards? I think I've seen it in loads of topics and noone's complained; is this a new rule?
I think it's alright, you just shouldn't go around telling people to "fuck off."

It's basically a context thing.
Trans rights, now!
-
Onikage725
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1502
- Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm
- Location: Outer Heaven
-
Contact:
Post
by Onikage725 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 pm
Herms wrote:The Time Traveller wrote:Didn't he copy and modify Kienzan into Tsuibi Kienzan?
No, that just seemed to be a technique that he already knew. There was nothing to imply that he copied it from Kuririn.
There's nothing to imply that he didn't either. It's a bit of a non-issue that wasn't really addressed.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.
-
SonEric84
- Banned
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm
Post
by SonEric84 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:28 pm
Vegeta also used something similar to the Kienzan against Gohan's ape-form in the Saiyan saga.
Trans rights, now!
-
Onikage725
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1502
- Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm
- Location: Outer Heaven
-
Contact:
Post
by Onikage725 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:06 pm
Again after Kuririn had used it. So a case can be made either way.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.
-
SonEric84
- Banned
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm
Post
by SonEric84 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:33 pm
Onikage725 wrote:Again after Kuririn had used it. So a case can be made either way.
Yeah, I know.

Trans rights, now!
-
SSj_Rambo
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3496
- Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: West City
Post
by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 pm
Tien also used the Kamehameha against Goku without any training, so it does seem like the fighters that have mastered the use of ki to some large extent can mimic certain ki attacks after simply watching them, even during Dragonball.
-----------------------------------------
Cypher wrote:I could have sworn profanity is allowed on these boards? I think I've seen it in loads of topics and noone's complained; is this a new rule?
The only rule around that is "Your opinions must be expressed with
civility", so yes you can cuss, just don't offend anybody or be excessively rude (I, however, have never once cussed on this board in all my 928 posts. Not because I don't cuss (you should hear me in person!), but because I know that this is not my board and because I don't want to give anybody any extra reasons to be offended at me, not to mention there are simple ways around cussing you dumbie heads).
-
SSJ2bardock
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2592
- Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am
- Location: Chicago
Post
by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Pain wrote:Captain Awesome wrote:Actually what I told you to do, was to let people have their opinions, instead of complaining every time someone has something negative to say about the FUNimation dub.
We're allowed to have discussions and arguments here, as long as we treat one-another in a somewhat civil manner, so please stop telling people to settle down every time they state their opinion (or in this case a fact) just because you don't agree.
I said "Calm down", because you used profanity. I just don't want this to blow out of proportion, like ALL those other times, when I made useless arguments for no reason.
Hold on now people, can't we all just get along and play to the stereotypes? Dub fans are overly sensitive of dub criticism and Japanese fans are overly critical of the dub.
PSN Stay_Slapped
Let’s play FighterZ
-
Kroni_Hunter
- Regular
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 pm
- Location: Clovis, California
Post
by Kroni_Hunter » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:22 am
I like the dub. I think they picked good voice actors for the most part and Bruce Faulconer is an excellent musician. (I have also watched a few Japanese episodes, and heard the Japanese music. Both were excellent as well except for whoever voices Goku, they make him sound like a girl!) I mean look at the dubs for shows like Detective Conan and Speed Racer, horrible. The inconsistencies and censorship get annoying, but the voices are memorable and fit the characters, and the simple truth is i don't understand Japanese so of course the English version is more comfortable. (I will get tired of reading sub titles)
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."
-
Velasa
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1769
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:55 am
- Location: Philly
-
Contact:
Post
by Velasa » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 am
Kroni_Hunter wrote: except for whoever voices Goku, they make him sound like a girl!
Possibly because it was a girl. Same woman voiced Son from DB all the way through... everything.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.
A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]
-
Kroni_Hunter
- Regular
- Posts: 631
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 pm
- Location: Clovis, California
Post
by Kroni_Hunter » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:01 am
It was a girl that did kid goku/gohan/goten and i think trunks too in the dub.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."
-
Velasa
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1769
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:55 am
- Location: Philly
-
Contact:
Post
by Velasa » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:12 am
Women traditionally do the voices for young boys. In DB they just got to like Miss Nozawa so much that they kept her on as Son (and most of the Son family) ever since.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.
A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]
-
Pain
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1988
- Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm
- Location: South City
-
Contact:
Post
by Pain » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:11 am
Kroni_Hunter wrote:It was a girl that did kid goku/gohan/goten and i think trunks too in the dub.
Masako didn't voice Trunks, it was Takeshi Kusao. And in the english dub, Laura Bailey voiced Kid Trunks.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom
Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black
-
SonGokuh
- Not-So-Newbie
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:47 pm
- Location: Nassau, Bahamas
Post
by SonGokuh » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 am
Kroni_Hunter wrote:In the Funi dub right after Freeza rips off Nail's arm and Nail regenerates it, Freeza says: "I'll have to make a copy of that power, it might come in handy someday" so why didn't he use it when he got sliced in half by his purple disk? He even went as far as to roboticize himself when he could have just grown back the rest of his body. (Was this filler? Was it in the japanese version?)
I honestly thought that was some foreshadowing on Funi's part.
-
Kaboom
- Moderator
- Posts: 14524
- Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Post
by Kaboom » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:32 am
SonGokuh wrote:Kroni_Hunter wrote:In the Funi dub right after Freeza rips off Nail's arm and Nail regenerates it, Freeza says: "I'll have to make a copy of that power, it might come in handy someday" so why didn't he use it when he got sliced in half by his purple disk? He even went as far as to roboticize himself when he could have just grown back the rest of his body. (Was this filler? Was it in the japanese version?)
I honestly thought that was some foreshadowing on Funi's part.
This was a HUGE necropost
(over TWO YEARS!),
against which there are rules on this forum. Please don't do this again.