Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 pm

JAPPO wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Wojak wrote: But I guess that the pictures we see are the ones from when he has wished for eternal youth, which makes that he will look skinny.
Has it been confirmed that Daimao will actually start out old?, I always figured they'd just ignore that.
Many times.... people complaining should know that.
Cite your sources, please. If you're going to answer something rather authoritatively, please link to the article or interview that deals with the question.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 pm

JAPPO wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote: Has it been confirmed that Daimao will actually start out old?, I always figured they'd just ignore that.
I'm just stating my honest opinion, and you know what?, I'd rather do that, instead of sit there whinging about how negative everyone else is.

And by "confirmed" I mean by a credible source, all you've done thus far is state things like they're fact, while providing no evidence to support your claims, personally, I'd rather read about someone bashing the film, than listen to your egotistical tripe.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
JAPPO wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote: Has it been confirmed that Daimao will actually start out old?, I always figured they'd just ignore that.
I'm just stating my honest opinion, and you know what?, I'd rather do that, instead of sit there whinging about how negative everyone else is.

And by "confirmed" I mean by a credible source, all you've done thus far is state things like they're fact, while providing no evidence to support your claims, personally, I'd rather read about someone bashing the film, than listen to your egotistical tripe.
I do nothing BUT support evidence, maybe not in this thread though. I'm just saying it helps to be informed.

Here's where it has been stated, off the top of my head, but there's more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6wc3Yo2xds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdeHwTMeq3s
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/04/28/james-marsters-has-ki/
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/07/10/james- ... interview/
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/07/07/interv ... -marsters/
http://dbthemovie.com/2008/04/13/james- ... -slam-xvi/
http://www.tvguide.com/news/james-marst ... /080130-02

Is James Marsters a credible enough source for you?

In case you guys are too lazy to go through all those sources:

James was worried that Piccolo JR. is buff and he's small so he couldn't do it. Then he says, "in the first movie he's an old man, so that I can do. The second two are a bit away so no worries yet."
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:07 pm

JAPPO wrote: Is James Marsters a credible enough source for you?
James Marsters talked about how he wanted Piccolo to look older, and campaigned even going behind the producers backs to do it, he doesn't say anything about Daimao wishing for eternal youth in the movie, and when he states "In this movie he's an old man" he's clearly referring to the difference between Daimao and Ma Junior, not the events of the movie (he'd be violating his contract if he did).

Honestly, you need to check your sources more thoroughly, instead of misunderstanding them and then using that as the basis for your argument.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 pm

omegacwa wrote:People are over reacting so much, I have proven through my photoshopping that he isn't that far off, it's not like I spent five hours on those, more like 10 minutes tops.
That's what I mean about the "looks like Spike" complaint. His features are perfectly fine, and he carries the role well. I think he'd look better with the proper tone. It aint easy bein' green. Where's the love? His insignia on the armor would be sweet too. The antannae I can live without, because I can understand them wanting to play up "demon" over "alien" for the casual audience (leaving the big reveal for later).
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
JAPPO wrote: Is James Marsters a credible enough source for you?
James Marsters talked about how he wanted Piccolo to look older, and campaigned even going behind the producers backs to do it, he doesn't say anything about Daimao wishing for eternal youth in the movie, and when he states "In this movie he's an old man" he's clearly referring to the difference between Daimao and Ma Junior, not the events of the movie (he'd be violating his contract if he did).

Honestly, you need to check your sources more thoroughly, instead of misunderstanding them and then using that as the basis for your argument.
Is Shenron being in the movie, the whole movie's plot being about Piccolo wanting his "mojo" (youth) back, and James Marsters saying Piccolo will be young later on not proof enough?

If it's not, then I just don't care about convincing you. I could get more sources, but I'm not going to waste my time. It's already obvious enough.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm

I have nothing against Piccolo's armor. If that image is supposed to be the original Daimao, then Goku should be smaller than when comparing with Piccolo Jr. The armor were added to indicate a larger body, since Marsters is pretty skinner, similar to Chatwin. If both Goku and Daimao are skinny, having the latter wearing only purple clothes wouldn't look strong when comparing to the former. Although I would appreciate them more if they CG'd in some muscles for Marsters, or ask Marsters to build up real muscles himself. AND bein' green, with snail eyes.

JAPPO wrote:In case you guys are too lazy to go through all those sources:
That's just uncalled for.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:20 pm

kvon wrote:
JAPPO wrote:In case you guys are too lazy to go through all those sources:
That's just uncalled for.
I didn't mean it as an insult. I'm lazy too...

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:22 pm

JAPPO wrote: Is Shenron being in the movie, the whole movie's plot being about Piccolo wanting his "mojo" (youth) back, and James Marsters saying Piccolo will be young later on not proof enough?

If it's not, then I just don't care about convincing you. I could get more sources, but I'm not going to waste my time. It's already obvious enough.
In that interview, he says himself he's not allowed to tell anyone anything about the events in the movie, what he's talking about is what happened in the original story.

As for Shenlong being in the movie, how is that indicative of anything?, it's the fucking premise of the series.

The only thing I'm disagreeing with you on, is the fact you're taking these people out of context, and trying to use that to support your argument. I want these scenes to be in the movie, but these interviews aren't the concrete proof you think they are, they really don't tell us anything, these actors are in legally binding contracts that prevent them from talking about the events of the film.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:25 pm

We'll just see on April 10th, 2009. :D

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 pm

JAPPO wrote:We'll just see on April 10th, 2009. :D
Exactly, I'm not saying that things things won't happen in the movie, It's just that as things stand right now, we really know next to nothing about whats going to happen.

I personally would love to see Daimao wish for eternal youth and then spit up Ma Junior at the end of the film, but not so much so that I'm going to read into things that simply aren't there.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
JAPPO wrote:We'll just see on April 10th, 2009. :D
Exactly, I'm not saying that things things won't happen in the movie, It's just that as things stand right now, we really know next to nothing about whats going to happen.

I personally would love to see Daimao wish for eternal youth and then spit up Ma Junior at the end of the film, but not so much so that I'm going to read into things that simply aren't there.
Egg? Nah, but Piccolo DOES indeed have a chamber room where he conjures demons from.

Someone close to the film (don't shoot me, I forgot his name!) said that Piccolo actually creates a demon in the film, and kills him (I don't know why, for fun I guess).

http://dbthemovie.com/2008/06/15/jump-sq-exclusive/

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Wow, I never saw this post before! It gave me a little more hope for the film, since it seems like it will contain the Dragon Radar, Nyoibou and Piccolo's rumored ability to create his own demon spawn.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 pm

If that's in reference to what's in the speech bubble, then that wouldn't be correct. ("Piccolo will be sitting in this chair.") Unless they're going off what he said somewhere else.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:If that's in reference to what's in the speech bubble, then that wouldn't be correct. ("Piccolo will be sitting in this chair.") Unless they're going off what he said somewhere else.
Again, I don't know who said this. It was on either dragonballfilm.over-blog.com or dragonball-live.fr.

But oh if you're referring to what the producer said, that came from a source of mine who I trust more than anyone in the world. He only scanned the images I believe, not the article itself. But he has absolutely no reason to lie to me.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Well, I was just referring to the panels from JumpSQ that you posted along with what you quoted. Neither of them talk about Piccolo creating any demon spawn.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Well, I was just referring to the panels from JumpSQ that you posted along with what you quoted. Neither of them talk about Piccolo creating any demon spawn.
Yeah I know. There was an article along with these images, maybe I have it! I'll check. But if I don't, I just believe the guy. And I'm willing to bet you a million dollars on April 10th it'll be there.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 pm

That seems a lot like it might be the ship that the son of Katataz (Piccolo and Kami prior splitting) came to earth on. They're giving themselves tons of great opportunities to be use great references to the manga and the actual story...I really hope that they capitalize on them.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 pm

FOUND IT!

Next they went to Piccolo’s room. [It was] a very futuristic feeling. Tim [Van Rellim] sat down in the chair, and he said that Piccolo would sit here and using his powers he would create monsters.

http://dbthemovie.com/2008/06/17/more-i ... set-visit/

I have a really bad memory, so what I say USUALLY has a source, but I just forget them.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:58 pm

I keep ping-ponging back and fourth with adoring this movie and not caring for it. Right now I'm psyched up hearing all of that news though! If Piccolo is a demon creating youth longing asshole I'd say he's in character no matter what he looks like.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight