Goku=Superman?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:11 am

A lot of things about Superman are different than they are on Smallville. For one thing it seems that show insuates that Smallville and Metropolis are very close. They aren't. Clark didn't meet Lex until after he was Superman, and Pete Ross is a white guy.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:18 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Anyway, Son Chi Chi, you bring up some valid points. Sadly you have to face the facts, Goku is the fighter with the least ammount of tactical skill in db. And thats saying something, because most of the fighters, dont even bother with tactics when they fight.
Wait a minute, are you even watching the same Dragon Ball as I am?

Goku has constantly shown himself to be the best all round fighter in DB/Z (something more apparent in DB than in Z, but it's still there in Z)

Just watch his fights at the Budokai's in DB (most notably his fights with Jakie Chun and Tenshinhan at the 22nd), the way how he seems to have a counter for anything, the way he makes use of his tail and his quick thinking during battle.

I don't think Roshi would call Goku a genius at fighting for nothing as well as others such as Piccolo and Vegeta recognising Goku's fighting prowess as a warrior.

And no, it's not just about power, it's about wit in battle, skill, technique, the way you train, the way you make the best of a situation. Goku has shown to be extreamly adept in all these.

If it just all about power, then Gohan would be recongnised as the best fighter, and despite surpassing he father on a number of occasions, he certainly is not.

But I digress, outside of battle Goku is at best naive and at worse an complete idiot, but as a warrior, he's a genius.

Son ChiChi

Post by Son ChiChi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:34 pm

PsyLiam wrote:
Son ChiChi wrote:I was hoping that rumor I heard about Lois Lane meeting Clark in high school was just rumor, but it's true? :roll: I thought it was bad enough Chloe and Lana were related but now this. :(
If you're watching Smallville with the aim of seeing an accurate retelling of his comic-book teenage years, then you are missing the point.

No, I know Smallville isn't an accurate retelling of Clark's teenage years. I thought I made that point out in the previous post I made.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:42 pm

I've seen one episode of Smallville, and my thoughts went like this:

(Hey, that chick is pretty hot.
So he melted the road to stop a car before it came by, eh? That's a smart way for your powers to remain undiscovered...)

So I don't really know where all this "Superman = t3h dumb" stuff comes from. Maybe I just saw the wrong episode.

By the way, DON'T FUCK WITH ADAM WEST. BEST BATMAN EVER. I WILL EAT YOU. MMM, TAFFY, MMM...

Nah, I'm just kidding with you, Wukong. You know I love you. But seriously, don't fuck with Adam West.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:11 am

I'm sorry, Zack, but everytime I read that, I think of Adam West's spot on The Simpsons, where he was treated like a maniac. XD;;;;

*hides from Mike*

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:42 am

Zackarotto wrote: By the way, DON'T FUCK WITH ADAM WEST. BEST BATMAN EVER. I WILL EAT YOU. MMM, TAFFY, MMM...

Nah, I'm just kidding with you, Wukong. You know I love you. But seriously, don't fuck with Adam West.
Actually I always considered Kevin Conroy to be the best Batman.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:28 pm

Well, obviously. He'd have difficulty playing him in live action though, unless he carried a whole load of life size cardboard cutout drawings with him.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:56 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Actually I always considered Kevin Conroy to be the best Batman.
I loathe you.

*Zackarotto shakes his fist menacingly*

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:30 pm

Hey I'm a big fan of the DC Animated Universe. Deal with it. 8) Anyways, has anyone here seen the issue of "Wizard" where they were comparing Marvel and DC characters with Anime/Manga characters? In there they surmised a Goku/Superman fight with Goku winning of course.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:03 pm

Buu-saga Goku could beat almost everyone in the known universe, up to and including Galactus, Unicron, and Jesus.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:07 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Buu-saga Goku could beat almost everyone in the known universe, up to and including Galactus, Unicron, and Jesus.
I dunno about Jesus... :?

Maybe if he formed the same Genkidama he used to kill chibi Boo against Jesus. Then I'd believe you. You know, because Genkidama's target the evil in ppl.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:52 pm

I suppose it depends on which Jesus, too. Chibi-Jesus obviously had a much lower power-level than leper-healing Jesus.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:40 pm

*cracking up*

No, no, remember. Goku and Jesus fused during the 5 year gap between the 28th Budoukai and GT, to battle the villains of Hell after it broke open for the 500th time.

Thus, the "Goku is Jesus" jokes are Truth.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:30 pm

You guys just have no shame do you? -_-
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:42 pm

Whoever said we did?

.. Wait. Does this topic even have a subject anymore?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:20 pm

PsyLiam wrote:I suppose it depends on which Jesus, too. Chibi-Jesus obviously had a much lower power-level than leper-healing Jesus.
Mind you that just goes to show you how Saiyans are better than deity offspring. The largest gap for training we ever had in DB/Z/GT when preparing for a big event was 3 years. Jesus needed 21 years.

On top of that everybody makes a big deal about how he came back to life. Goku came back to life TWICE. And Jesus never transformed. Goku had 6 transformations. 7 if you count GT. pwned.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:46 pm

Kid-adult
Adult-Super Saiyan 1
SSJ 2
SSJ 3
Adult-Kid
SSJ 4

That's 4 transformations, 6 if you include GT. I question your maths, sir!

Jesus meanwhile had:

Baby-child
Child-adult
Do we include the halo wearing Jesus as a transformation?

And Goku could only manage a day on Earth while dead, while Jesus could swan around for as long as he wanted.

Jesus' problem is that he never had anyone of his own power-level to fuse with. Now, if Mohammad or Budha had been around at the time, imagine the fusions we could have got!

Frozen

Post by Frozen » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:56 am

Son ChiChi wrote:I have to disagree on a few peoploe thoughts here on Goku being stupid or as Super Sonic put it as dumb as a brick, which is very far from the truth...
I completely agree with you about Goku. Definitely, people like to mistake "naive" for "stupid". Goku HAS DONE some stupid mistakes in many occasions, but then again, look at other characters and they do very stupid things at times. Just look at Vegeta, I've heard of people saying he's so witty and astute and he's probably one of the biggest idiots in the DBZ universe, blinded by his pride and arrogance, he's put at risk numerous times what matters most only to satisfy or justify his own damn pride.

That's beside the point, though, but I only mentioned that to point out the fact that people love to brag about Goku probably because he's the main man and not Vegetta or Piccoro. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Vegeta, precisely because how he is.

Now, what's with Jesus? Leave him the hell alone. He's da man, he could erase from existence anyone with a flick of his finger.
:B

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:33 am

I refuse to accept an argument that Goku isn't stupid from a man who spells is "Piccoro".

In any case, you are right - Vegeta is also an idiot. So is Gohan. And Yamcha.

In fact, Piccolo is probably the only person in the series with his head screwed on right. Poor lad. It must be a nightmare hanging around with so many morons.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:33 am

PsyLiam wrote:Kid-adult
Adult-Super Saiyan 1
SSJ 2
SSJ 3
Adult-Kid
SSJ 4

That's 4 transformations, 6 if you include GT. I question your maths, sir!

Jesus meanwhile had:

Baby-child
Child-adult
Do we include the halo wearing Jesus as a transformation?

And Goku could only manage a day on Earth while dead, while Jesus could swan around for as long as he wanted.

Jesus' problem is that he never had anyone of his own power-level to fuse with. Now, if Mohammad or Budha had been around at the time, imagine the fusions we could have got!
You're forgetting USSJ and USSJ2. So I'll redo it:

Goku: baby-kid, kid-adult, SSJ, USSJ, USSJ2, SSJ2, SSJ3, Oozaru, Super/Golden Oozaru, SSJ4, Goku w/Halo. 12 if you include Vegetto, 13 if you include Gogeta. 14 if you count the Goku/Satan freak he imagined.

Jesus: baby-kid, kid-adult. Halo Jesus never existed, but Jesus w/holes in his wrists did. That's 3 total.

Fusing w/Mohammed would produce a Goku/Satan type freak since Mohammed is only a prophet and not a deity's kid (as would Jesus become if you accept Mohammed to be real, thus reducing Jesus' power level from Boo Saga Goku to Freeza Saga Goku). A Jesus w/Buddha would indeed form a Vegetto type fusion as they are rival religions however...