New PS2 Listings (Trilogy & Infinite World)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:29 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:They...... stil haven't fixed the whole Perfect Cell with Imperfect Cell voice deal. I thought this was supposed to be the penultimate and last DBZ game on PS2 so at least take the initiative to fix that disgusting error that's been in the series since Budokai 1.
Was it ever fixed it Burst Limit?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:35 pm

kvon wrote: Duuuuuuude, I don't care if the graphics are inferior or different to Budokai 3
I didn't say they were inferior, I said that the cutscenes were pre-rendered, instead of being processed by your ps2 on the fly.
SSJ2bardock wrote:They...... stil haven't fixed the whole Perfect Cell with Imperfect Cell voice deal. I thought this was supposed to be the penultimate and last DBZ game on PS2 so at least take the initiative to fix that disgusting error that's been in the series since Budokai 1.

That's because in the original Japanese version, Cell's voice changes are much more subtle as he changes form, so they didn't feel the need to record three times the dialogue.

To fix it would require some coding, which probably isn't going to happen.

My advice, switch to the Japanese voice cast :).

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 pm

kvon wrote:New Trailer.

Duuuuuuude, I don't care if the graphics are inferior or different to Budokai 3(which I think the latter is the case regarding the cutscenes), as long as they replicate the spirit of the anime, I'm sold. And in this case, whoa!

Edit- Can't wait for the Buu Saga cutscenes in Budokai style either!
ALSO already posted.
Jesus..

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:They...... stil haven't fixed the whole Perfect Cell with Imperfect Cell voice deal. I thought this was supposed to be the ultimate and last DBZ game on PS2 so at least take the initiative to fix that disgusting error that's been in the series since Budokai 1.

That's because in the original Japanese version, Cell's voice changes are much more subtle as he changes form, so they didn't feel the need to record three times the dialogue.

To fix it would require some coding, which probably isn't going to happen.

My advice, switch to the Japanese voice cast :).
So they didn't feel the need to produce a superior product? And I'm not seeing what the subtle changes in the Japanese Cell's voice have to do with the US Cell's voice.

Anyways, I'll stick with the US voice cast thank you very much :P
Last edited by SSJ2bardock on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:48 pm

It should be noted penultimate means second to last.

I too am a little annoyed by Imperfect grunts on Perfect Cell, but alas...most of the recordings for this game may be reused from B3.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I didn't say they were inferior, I said that the cutscenes were pre-rendered, instead of being processed by your ps2 on the fly.
I wasn't talking about your comment. I was just reflecting on my own opinion. I apologize if my post sounded like it was directed at you. (Including the "Duuuude" part)
Rory wrote:ALSO already posted.
Jesus..
Sorry. :oops:
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:05 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote: So they didn't feel the need to produce a superior product? And I'm not seeing what the subtle changes in the Japanese Cell's voice have to do with the US Cell's voice.
...As I said, because Norio Wakamoto's voice changes subtly through Cell's three forms (at least in comparison to the FUNimation dub), they chose to only record one track of dialogue, meaning the game's code only allowed for one dialogue track per character (save for switching between JP/US) so basically what "this has to do" with it, is that the game can't support the extra voice tracks for Cell, and Atari certainly can't put it in during localisation, as it would require way too much screwing around, not to mention they probably don't have permission.

So you'll just have to endure it.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:12 pm

*sigh* Another video game to buy this fall. The list never ends, but the money in my wallet does...
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote: So they didn't feel the need to produce a superior product? And I'm not seeing what the subtle changes in the Japanese Cell's voice have to do with the US Cell's voice.
is that the game can't support the extra voice tracks for Cell, and Atari certainly can't put it in during localisation, as it would require way too much screwing around, not to mention they probably don't have permission.

So you'll just have to endure it.
Oh well I'm guessing you just assumed that I knew that..... which I didn't :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Duuuuuuude, I don't care if the graphics are inferior or different to Budokai 3(which I think the latter is the case regarding the cutscenes), as long as they replicate the spirit of the anime, I'm sold. And in this case, whoa!

I already posted that... :P But eas okay. :wink:
Get Sponsored. Give Back.

SocialVibe

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Can we stop with the "dude we already posted that! l0lzers" stuff, we all already know if something has been posted.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:05 pm

Is it me or does this game look like it is in widescreen? I hope so, that will help it keep its quality on the LCD.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:28 pm

That video is awesome. I saw GT Goku and GT Vegeta, so they are both confirmed.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Agreed, GT Vegeta is the greatest thing to happen for me in this game. I wonder if it's just a skin or a new character, probably just a skin.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:51 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Agreed, GT Vegeta is the greatest thing to happen for me in this game. I wonder if it's just a skin or a new character, probably just a skin.
Yeah, absolutely no need for him to be a separate character. Just give him SSj4 and Final Shine while using that skin, and BAM, there you go.
Last edited by Kaboom on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Color me not impressed. Well over half of that was Budokai 3 and the rest was minigames wherever they could jam them in. GT Vegeta looks cool, but that's about it.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:37 pm

I've read else where about this a minigame about cutting oozaru's tail with a sword. It's just a rumor though. Even being true, that's all about big monkeys we can get anyway. :shock:

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:30 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Can we stop with the "dude we already posted that! l0lzers" stuff, we all already know if something has been posted.
Except for the person that posted it again. ;) Okay, I'll stop.
NECPS wrote:I've read else where about this a minigame about cutting oozaru's tail with a sword. It's just a rumor though. Even being true, that's all about big monkeys we can get anyway.

Interesting. The mini-games sure look addicting!! Heh... it'd be kinda cool if they could use those mini-games for load screens and stuff. Of course, then it'd be too long, but it would be pretty neat. :P I like the Kid Goku climbing Korin Tower load screen a lot, though.

SocialVibe

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:52 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Can we stop with the "dude we already posted that! l0lzers" stuff, we all already know if something has been posted.
Nah, I think I deserved that. (Thanks anyway)

Another reason that I'm pumped about this is, in my opinion, that the Japanese voice work with the Dimps games were always superior to the Spike games. (Not the case with Burst Limit, though.) If the voice work will be just as good in Infinite World, then how good will be the cutscenes overall? And hopefully they wouldn't be as badly spliced together as Burst Limit. (Though the Freeza scenes were nice)

In terms of the fighting engine, I'm only interested what will be carried over from the Shin Budokais since I've never played them before.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:14 am

kvon wrote:
Nah, I think I deserved that. (Thanks anyway)

Another reason that I'm pumped about this is, in my opinion, that the Japanese voice work with the Dimps games were always superior to the Spike games. (Not the case with Burst Limit, though.) If the voice work will be just as good in Infinite World, then how good will be the cutscenes overall? And hopefully they wouldn't be as badly spliced together as Burst Limit. (Though the Freeza scenes were nice)

In terms of the fighting engine, I'm only interested what will be carried over from the Shin Budokais since I've never played them before.
Haha. No you didn't! :) Well, for Shin Budokai... they've incorporated the "Aura Burst" thingy, which you might've seen from the videos. (The name of it says it all. :P) It allows you to stun your opponent and they also added that "Aura Barrier" thingy from Shin Budokai - Another Road, which allows you to "absorb" your opponent's blows. And basically some of the exclusive characters from those games, like Janemba and Pikkon. That's pretty much it for the Shin Budokai part. The rest is the Budokai 3 goodness we all know and love (hopefully)! Uh... and some awesome mini-games added to the mix. I just want this game to be a lot better than Budokai 3, especially seeing that this is the LAST PS2 DBZ game to be made.

SocialVibe