Videl's mother

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:13 am

I don't really see any resemblance at all between Seripa and Raditz.

Seripa does, however, look like a dead ringer for Videl~
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't think Fasha is Goku and Radditz's mother. When Bardock and crew were sitting and hanging after destroying a civilization out she talked about Goku to Bardock, but she called him "your son."
She may have wanted to keep it a secret from the others, but I doubt it.

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 pm

I always thought this particular screen was supposed to show that Tora and Fasha were an item or mates or whatever you call it.

I know they didn't die lovingly in each others arms like this but still
It has something "romantic" to it.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Is it just my computer, 'cuz I can't see it. :?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:24 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Is it just my computer, 'cuz I can't see it. :?
No, I can't see it either. I think they block hotlinking. You can copy the url and paste it in your address bar to see it, though (after which it'll show up on the page too, since that'll put it in your cache).
I know they didn't die lovingly in each others arms like this but still
It has something "romantic" to it.
Yeah, that shot's always given me that impression as well.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 am

saiyanprincess wrote:I know there was a thread about this earlier, But I still believe that it is more than co-incidental that the second child resembles one of the parents.
(I.E Goku and Bardock, and Goten and Goku.) - With the exception of Vegeta.
Maybe Ta'ble takes after his mother? :idea:

So, what we know about mothers...

Queen Vegeta: not mentioned
Broli's mother: Suspiciously absent. This interests me for two reasons; one, it keeps in line with other things we know (about both saiya[ji]n and DB in general), and second... consider Paragus' relationship with Broli.
Goku's mother: Well, she's ... probably dead. Incinerated, I expect. (The first fanfic I read on the internet was a "Freeza's mother takes revenge, and Goku's mother and half-sister are in there somehow" fic... I kinda want to reread that now. XD ).
Freeza's mother: We don't even know if such a being ever existed (Freeza's race's reproductive techniques aren't elaborated on...). Even in the realm of fanfiction... I'm not so sure I think Toyble's Lila is as "give birth to Freeza"-ish as it sounds so far (either that, or Toyble's good at making me think plottwists are going to happen when they don't... T.T).
ChiChi's mother: Dead by heart disease. Filler says Gyu-mao was stuck in his burning castle to protect her wedding dress, which was used by ChiChi.
Bulma's Mother: ...
Videl's mother: Dead.
Kuririn's parents: Who knows, what with the whole monk thing...
Yajirobe: Disowned, I think...
T'en: I'm going to guess that he's not a "pure" descendant of the three-eyed tribe (that is, he probably has mixed blood). Keeping in line with the Dragonball tradition, we can assume for no logical reason that his Three-eyed-ness came from his father. :mad: <-- ignore this entry.
Chaozu: What do concubines do? O.O.
Kaioshin: Well, we have the ancestor fused with a witch. Hmm.
Yamcha: Heh.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Re: Videl's mother

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:36 am

The Tori-bot wrote:
saiyanprincess wrote:Akira
TETSUOOOOO...!!!!

... Oh, c'mon, I had to. :P

All that's mentioned in the manga is that she died when Videl was little. The only other piece of information on her is from the guide Son Goku Densetsu, which cites her as being the reason for Videl's good looks.
Well that is obviously invalid as her good looks would come from the most attractive looking parent, which is Mr. Satan, obviously!
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am

caejones wrote: Yamcha: Heh.
Yamcha's probably an orphan. He actually kind of reminds me a little bit of that guy who's taking care of orphans in the Saiyan arc filler. I'd guess that Yamcha had a somewhat similar upbringing, except that he was alone as a kid, and stealing food and stuff to survive.

nikko

Post by nikko » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:50 pm

caejones wrote: Bulma's Mother: ...
I kinda loved that happy-go-lucky character!

Yasai-R-Mighty
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yasai-R-Mighty » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:06 am

nikko wrote: I kinda loved that happy-go-lucky character!
Yeah Mrs Briefs is a trip! :D
caejones wrote:Yajirobe: Disowned, I think...
T'en: I'm going to guess that he's not a "pure" descendant of the three-eyed tribe (that is, he probably has mixed blood). Keeping in line with the Dragonball tradition, we can assume for no logical reason that his Three-eyed-ness came from his father.
Actually now that you make me think about it, I'd say T'en might have been abandoned.....If you suppose the whole third eye thing, skipped a few generations between, his alien ancestors and his parents...Maybe they didn't want to raise a "freak".
[Insert mind blowingly cool quote here]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:56 am

Yasai-R-Mighty wrote:Actually now that you make me think about it, I'd say T'en might have been abandoned.....If you suppose the whole third eye thing, skipped a few generations
between, his alien ancestors and his parents...Maybe they didn't want to raise a "freak".
... Makes sense. :cry: Maybe he should join the X-m--ur, or the Crane school... *ahem*.
Last edited by caejones on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Videl's mother

Post by Bussani » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:38 am

Jerseymilk wrote:I remember once reading someone trying to claim that the announcer for Mr. Satan during the Cell Games was Videl's mother. XD

This is Videl's mother!?!? :shock:

By the way, if Videl was born after the Cell games she'd be Goten's age, not Gohan's age. Take that MFG (or whoever the theory came from).

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:59 am

This announcer:

She only appeared in the anime, anyway.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:03 am

DB_Fan wrote:This announcer:

Oh. I knew that... >_> <_<

My point still stands about Videl's age.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:10 am

Bussani wrote:
DB_Fan wrote:This announcer:
<Snip>

Oh. I knew that... >_> <_<

My point still stands about Videl's age.
Unless she was her mother ten or so years earlier... :shock: *doubts much*

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:31 pm

I always would have pictured Goku's mother to look similar to him, if you notice Radditz and Bardock have the evil eye, but Goku has the good eye , so I think the eyes of Goku's mother would look similar to his, or ChiChi's. Her hair would probably be a bit like Radditz', minus the Vegeta style hairline, and maybe not as long but a bit shorter.

As for Videl's, in the anime I remember Videl saying her Mother left her Dad as he was cheating on her, I never read that part in the manga, but if the manga said she died then it's true as it's coming straight from the main source.

The woman reporter at the Cell games can't really be her Mother, I would think that her Mother was at home with her watching it on TV.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Bejiita wrote:I always would have pictured Goku's mother to look similar to him, if you notice Radditz and Bardock have the evil eye, but Goku has the good eye , so I think the eyes of Goku's mother would look similar to his.
Goku has the good eyes because he's not a mass-murdering animal.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Bejiita wrote:I always would have pictured Goku's mother to look similar to him, if you notice Radditz and Bardock have the evil eye, but Goku has the good eye , so I think the eyes of Goku's mother would look similar to his.
Tullece was, and he has the same eyes as Goku.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Tullece was, and he has the same eyes as Goku.
Really? I thought his eyes had closed lines. Like most of the "evil" Saiya-jins.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Bejiita wrote:The woman reporter at the Cell games can't really be her Mother, I would think that her Mother was at home with her watching it on TV.
Or dead. We don't really know how old Videl was when she died.