DBZ3: Dragon Arena... huh?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

DBZ3: Dragon Arena... huh?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:40 pm

OK, after getting bored trying to spend Zeni, I decided to finally look inside Dragon Arena and see what it's all about.

... WTF?

OK, I get that you're able to level-up your characters and such. Great, big whoop. What do I care? I see a long list of characters. Everyone's at level 1, and from there on down, it's all the characters in varying levels going up in numbers.

Does it even matter who I pick? Does it matter if I go in order? Is there something I should be doing, specifically, to unlock anything/anyone in this mode? And what are these "Break-ins" I keep reading about?

It seems overwhelmingly purpose-less.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:01 pm

I'm a bit confused myself. From what I've been told, you can choose any character you wish, and just keep fighting opponents. If you are between levels 20-40, and fighting opponents 10 levels ahead of yourself, you will be randomly challenged at the begining of the fight.

Beat Piccolo to get Cell Jr.

Beat Nappa to get Saibamen

Beat Fat Boo to get "Sparking!" capsule.

That's all I know, I haven't tested it myself.

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:24 pm

if i dont have bad memory.... this is so like (or Even the same) as the Thing in Dragon Ball GT for PS1 (final Bout) Right? i also remember i get hours leveling up my chars to beat the levels of a friend.... anyway... i dont know what u get with this mode because i just get it today's morning....
thats all

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:56 pm

This mode is retarded.

I refuse to keep against playing ridiculously cheesy, cheap, and over-powered computer opponents for hours on end, just for the off-chance that MAYBE someone will "break-in" and challenge me to a fight so I can either: 1) a money-making capsule I've already bought the 150,00 Zeni version of, or 2) two minor characters.

*grumble, grumble*

Combine this with the Dragon Rush abuse, and you've got a very unsatisfied fanboy.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:02 am

VegettoEX wrote:This mode is retarded.

I refuse to keep against playing ridiculously cheesy, cheap, and over-powered computer opponents for hours on end,
Oh, but you will, you will... :lol:

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:04 am

You've paid for the thing... I'm sure you'll crumble eventually.
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:17 am

is that or keep Playing against Useless CPU in DU....
Right?
i think is more challenge that DU and also you can fight a friend or others Peoples Char.....

anyway in a fighting game the principal objective is..... Fight....
Right?

also.... Maybe if u beat ALL! "Challenges" you get a ultra super powerfull Capsule ^_^

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:18 am

Well if your done with the game now, maybe you should invest your time into seeing what happen to the kid Goku DU... :wink:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:22 am

My kingdom for a good leveling-up system in a fighting game!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:22 am

I like the mode, though it's frustrating sometimes waiting for break-in's to happen.

The best thing I got out of this mode so far has been the Cell Games ringless tournament (Not that Cell Games rules capsule or whatever it is that I keep hearing about)

EDIT: Just a note for people trying to get break-in's, I seem to get them more often when attempting to fight an opponent with a much higher level than my own, so I think thats a factor.
Last edited by Kodoshin on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:23 am

The S wrote:My kingdom for a good leveling-up system in a fighting game!
I'm sure the developers have such a design in their files...

And have stored it away for years to come. They'll bleed it in, bit by bit, into each of their sequential games, forcing you to pay each step along the way!

Kukukukukukuku!
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:17 am

Ya. You need to fight opponets at least 10 levels above you. It's recomended that they're 20+ though.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:01 pm

in fact with my 41 lvl Vegita I'm fighting lvl 70 chars and....its yet easy.... ok ok.... Medium....but Still Easy

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Has anyone noticed any kind of recurring trend to get break-ins? I can play for hours and get nothing, and it's pretty freakin' obnoxious. I've gotten Cell Jr., and really just want Saibaiman.

I don't buy the "must play levels higer than you" stuff... I got a break-in fighting a level 1 character the first time I tried. Or I can fight level 60-70 characters for hours and get shit.

*smashes controller*

Worst. Mode. Ever.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:14 pm

If you know the range for the break-in character your trying to get, one way to speed things up is to just to exit to character select again if the break-in doesen't happen, I had to do this the other night a few times when I lost to a break-in Cooler to get him to showup again.

Obvious stuff I know, but thats really about all you can do I think.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:23 pm

I don't even know what "range" I'm looking for. I'd like to just unlock Saibaiman, for now, and maybe do more stuff there, later.

What level should I be? What level should I be fighting against? It just all seems so frustratingly arbitrary.

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:36 pm

Well there have been certain trends that have been noted for playing against certain characters on many different forums. From what I have seen, however, this does not definitely mean that one will get a break-in from battling that character but the probability is increased.

Saibamen (Nappa) - use a lv.20 kid Gohan and face the lv. 32 Videl
For me, it worked on the first try. I lost to Nappa at first, then reselected Videl, got the break-in and defeated Nappa.

Cell Games (Cell) - This one is quite unclear; however facing lv 52 Trunks increases the probability. From what I have seen, using lower levels to face Trunks seems to increase these chances.

Or... use lv 21 Gohan and face lv 51 Saibaman. This seemed to have a very high probability of working (at least for me).

The problem I have with this one, is that Cell has high stats and a high difficulty, meaning that it is nearly impossible to defeat him with lv 21 Gohan!

Cell Jr. (Piccolo) - I haven't tried for this one yet, but some ways that have been listed are:
- Use lv 40 character against lv 69 Dr. Gero
- Use lv 36-37 character against lv 66-67 Majin Buu

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:41 pm

The Kid Gohan/Videl matchup worked for me too if I recall correctly, though it took several reselects (almost 20 I think).

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:48 pm

to me it worked with lvl 14 kid gohan vs 32 videl
I'm Having This Weird Thoughs Lately...Like Any Of This Is For Real...OR NOT?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:59 pm

Did you use a Gohan that was level 20, or would be turning level 20 if you won the fight? The few times I've gotten a break-in, it seems to be during a fight where, if I won, I'd level up again.

Also, does it matter if you've already beaten the opponent in questin, making it dark/grey/black? I mean, I've already beaten 70% of the opponents :P.