Budokai 3 - "Help and be helped" thread!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:28 am

Hang out at the Battle Points and just level your character up. If you've been able to purchase any of the "WE GOTTA POWER!" capsules, equip them for extra experience.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:47 pm

i dont have a technic at all. But Try doing a lot of Dragon Rushs that work well. Also use a lot Down+X or Up+X to Evade attacks. Try not attack all the time and go more for defense. That things Work for me but i think everyone have his own technic in every fighting game. Oh by the way if you play DU in very hard dificult you win a lot of more experience.
I'm Having This Weird Thoughs Lately...Like Any Of This Is For Real...OR NOT?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:22 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong... isn't "DRAGONRUSH" when you turn all red? if not what is it? Because it isn't covered in the game on how to pull moves like Final Flash and Warp KameHameHa... it just says DRAGONRUSH.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:57 pm

... Dear god, I'm having flashbacks of when I was explaining to my cousin. And all I got was blank stares.

Damn you, Dimps!

Anyway.

Dragon Rush is when you go red, attack the opponent, and you have to press buttons to attack/dodge.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:23 pm

"Hyper Mode" is achieved by pressing P+K+G+E, turning you glowing red. In this mode, your speed is greatly increased, but your ki meter cannot be powered back up, and it begins decreasing at an intense speed. When it runs out (and you have not initiated "Dragon Rush"), you will be untransformed down to a base form, and will be fatigued (prompting you to rotate the joysticks to catch your breath).

"Dragon Rush" can be achieved only in "Hyper Mode," and is done by pressing E after knocking an enemy back / down (most easily done after, say, a Kamehameha... just keep pressing E). In it, you go into the "Guess what I'm gonna press" kinda game. There's three series of attacks. If you make it to the last of the three attacks without the opponent defending (pressing the same button as you)...

... and if you have the appropriate capsule set (such as "Special Beam Cannon" or "Final Flash"), the last attack will then be that super move, instead of the regular flurry of hits or ki blasts. Does a lot more damage, looks cool, and almost never happens :P.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:57 pm

Out of curiosity, who here has tried the Hyper Mode as a Super Saiyan 4? If so, exactly how fast does your ki meter drop?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:19 pm

I've done it with Super Saiyan 4 Goku, and it looks like it drops normally, however when you try to initiate a non-dragon rush attack (say you've got the capsule for Spirit Bomb on your attack list,) and hit (if you have it designated) R1 to knock your opponent back and get right into it, you do seem to lose a considerable amount more Ki, than non-Super Saiyan 4.
Or atleast that's how it looked to me anyway, last time I played.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:59 am

VegettoEX wrote: "WE GOTTA POWER!" capsules,
I love the fact that there's actually a "WE GOTTA POWER" capsule in the American version of the game.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:16 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: "WE GOTTA POWER!" capsules,
I love the fact that there's actually a "WE GOTTA POWER" capsule in the American version of the game.
Let's not forget the "Sparking!" capsules either!

Ayayayayay....Sparking! :D

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:08 pm

I need help, I beat DU with all 11 fighters but I didn't unlock Dragon Arena. Do I have to beat it with a different difficulty?

Also, I can't seem to turn into a SS4 or Fuse into Gojita 4 in DU, I always use Goku and equip him with Gojita 4 ( in dueling or tournaments ) so I know what Iam doing. Whats going on?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:27 pm

I dunno what could be wrong with your game, but I got Dragon Arena after beating all the DUs on Very Easy (shut up).

As for SSJ4 and Gogeta.. Well, you can use fusions in Dragon Universe except for when the story demands it. I don't have the game anymore (was renting it), so I can't try out SSJ4.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:46 pm

The difficulty level doesn't make any difference; did you remember to gather the dragonballs and get everyone's breakthrough capsule?

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:07 am

How exactly do you get these characters:

-Metal Cooler
-Uubu
-Brolly

I've played Goku's DU twice and I still havent gotten Brolly or Uubu.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:54 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:How exactly do you get these characters:

-Metal Cooler
-Uubu
-Brolly

I've played Goku's DU twice and I still havent gotten Brolly or Uubu.
Metal Coola isn't another character; it's a support capsule. It works the exact same way as Freeza's Spaceship, in that it takes the place of a Senzu. Buy it in the shop. You can probably find it on Namek, as well (think I did).

Uub you get by defeating Chibi Buu with a Super Genki-Dama. Fight while in regular or Kaio-Ken (don't go above Kaio-Ken). You have to DEFEAT Buu while in Hyper Mode with an ultimate attack. If Goku's not above Kaio-Ken, he won't use the Dragon Fist, and will instead perform the Super Genki-Dama. You need at least SSJ attached, though, as well... just like the show, Goku needs to be able to transform into SSJ during the attack and push it forward on to Buu.

Best thing to do? Save immediately before the Chibi Buu battle, and try over and over. You've gotta actually KILL Buu with the move, so it's a pain. Think it took me five tries. It needs to be done just like in the show.

Broli you get by following the alternate story during Goku's DU the second time through (and onwards). Pay attention to extra red dots that appear, and be sure to fly around and examine what else is on the map, rather than just going point-to-point. I'm sure this is another one of those "Go find Kaioshin who tells you there's another strange power on the planet" type answers. Goku will leave Buu to Vegeta for defeat, and head off in search of Broli (and then Yi Xing Long, as well).

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:24 pm

When I unlocked Oob, I didn't actually have to kill Kid Boo with the Genki-Dama. Infact I had used it at the begining of the fight, and still got it.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:When I unlocked Oob, I didn't actually have to kill Kid Boo with the Genki-Dama. Infact I had used it at the begining of the fight, and still got it.
Interesting... that would have... err... saved me some cursing :P.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:00 pm

Do Brolly and Uubu have DUs? I dont see how Uubu could, unless they did an Elseworlds, or a GT story. Sorry, I'm a DC comics buff.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:06 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Do Brolly and Uubu have DUs? I dont see how Uubu could, unless they did an Elseworlds, or a GT story. Sorry, I'm a DC comics buff.
Yeah, both do. Broli's is mostly fighting with not a whole lot of time passing. Uub's is mosting time passing with a couple (three?) fights.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:30 am

Don't have the game yet, but was wondering:
If you beat Dragon Universe as a character, can you still go back and beat it again as that same character?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:03 am

The S wrote:Don't have the game yet, but was wondering:
If you beat Dragon Universe as a character, can you still go back and beat it again as that same character?
Yup, as a matter of fact you have to beat Dragon Universe three times with each character to get all their "wish" capsules.