DBK Prediction

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

DBK Prediction

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon May 11, 2009 3:05 pm

I predict that the Dragon Ball Kai will be finished in Cell saga. It makes sense that DBK will be finished in that arc since there will be no fillers.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 pm

The Boo arc is in the manga, so I'm not sure what you mean.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon May 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Herms wrote:The Boo arc is in the manga, so I'm not sure what you mean.
The scan said there will be 100 epsiodes in total. It cant be in Boo arc because it might not fit in Dragon Ball Kai. Since Goku is at Kaio's planet in Episode 6 already, I figure DBK might stop at Cell arc.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 11, 2009 3:46 pm

The 100 episodes thing was a rumor, I don't believe there was any official number ever given. I'm sure Kai will include the Buu arc, and there's plenty of filler within it to get cut out.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Mon May 11, 2009 6:52 pm

That doesn't have sense, Dragon Ball KAI is filler free, but Majin Boo isn't filler, that's the final part of the manga, then it will end on that arc :?

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon May 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Even if Kai did get 100 episodes, I think somebody did the math with the pace and it would be like 105 episodes (including Boo Saga).

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon May 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Kanzenban volume 14 = 5 episodes
21 (Kanzenban volumes) x 5 (episodes) = 105 episodes

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 11, 2009 7:53 pm

I can't imagine them excluding Buu. Filler-only arcs like Garlic, yeah, but not a manga arc like Buu.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Buu was in the manga, plus the 100 episodes is a rumor, plus according to some quick math some of us have done, 100 episodes seem more than enough to fit all the manga chapters

So Kai will fit all chapters of the manga

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon May 11, 2009 8:31 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
The scan said there will be 100 epsiodes in total. It cant be in Boo arc because it might not fit in Dragon Ball Kai. Since Goku is at Kaio's planet in Episode 6 already, I figure DBK might stop at Cell arc.
I can't believe how deeply this rumor has spread. There has never been any official word on how many episodes the show will be. Toei has said nothing. There's no scan that says 100 episodes. I don't know how it started, but there you go.

And yeah, like Chibi Mystic Gohan pointed out, at the rate the episodes are covering the manga Kai might end up being just over 100 episodes. So it's a good guess, but it's not something they're working to.

I predict that the Cell saga will end around episode 75 or so. Just a very rough estimate based on some numbers.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue May 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Bussani wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
I can't believe how deeply this rumor has spread. There has never been any official word on how many episodes the show will be. Toei has said nothing. There's no scan that says 100 episodes. I don't know how it started, but there you go.
Now I feel dumb. I can't find a scan that says 100 episodes. :oops:

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue May 12, 2009 4:38 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Now I feel dumb. I can't find a scan that says 100 episodes. :oops:
but even if you did find it, 100 episodes is still enough to fit the Buu saga

Gouki*
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki* » Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 am

Rod wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Now I feel dumb. I can't find a scan that says 100 episodes. :oops:
but even if you did find it, 100 episodes is still enough to fit the Buu saga
It's roughly taken a third of episodes to get where it is now, so if it continued the way it is now, it could hypothetically be done by episode 97. So. Yeah.
... Maybe later.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed May 13, 2009 8:02 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Bussani wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: The scan said there will be 100 epsiodes in total. It cant be in Boo arc because it might not fit in Dragon Ball Kai. Since Goku is at Kaio's planet in Episode 6 already, I figure DBK might stop at Cell arc.
Now I feel dumb. I can't find a scan that says 100 episodes. :oops:
You could check the Kai Tidbit Section, but I don't see any mention of such a scan there. The only official word in a magazine has been, "the story will develop more speedily," which so far has been true but doesn't tell us much.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 13, 2009 8:44 am

The confusion came about with the first "official" news back in the first week of February. At the same time that the first scan from Jump was being passed around, the "rumor" (well-substantiated, it would seem) that the series was being reduced in length (and specifically to "around 100 episodes") began its rounds starting over on 2chan, I believe.

As has been stated time and time again, there has been absolutely no word from Toei or anyone else regarding an actual length or conclusion point to the story for Kai.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ssjcj
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjcj » Wed May 13, 2009 9:58 am

The only thing that Toei have said about the pacing is that 'the story will be developed more speedily'.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed May 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Based on what we've seen so far, about 100-110 episodes makes sense, as Chibi Mystic Gohan said. So while it's not confirmed AT AL, it's a really good guess and I think this is gonna be about what we get.