A What If Manga Story

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

A What If Manga Story

Post by Nyogo » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:12 pm

I've decided to create manga chapters explaining what would happen if Goku never had the viral heart disease. I'm going to try to draw like Akira Toriyama the best way I can, and at the same time, have my own unique style. It's probably going to take a whole year, but I'm not going to give up on the project. It'll start off with how Goku escaped Planet Namek and end where the Cell saga ends. Right now, I'm drawing the concepts for the characters and miscellaneous items, places, etc. So wait till then. :)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:31 pm

What If stories are always cool, but how much would this actually change the DBZ universe? Maybe I just need my memory refreshed on a few small things.

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:57 pm

I give up already. One drawing takes a day to finish and I realized that it'll take forever for me to have a chapter up. So, it's no more. :(

But I DO have something to show you. A manga drawing of SSJ2 Gohan.

SSJ2 Gohan: http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL825/28 ... 667460.jpg

Maybe later, hehehe. :roll:

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:22 pm

If Goku didn't have the heart virus, he would have been killed by the jinzouningen easily, as he wouldn't have trained in those 3 years...
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:01 pm

Nyogo - good picture and an interesting concept.

Chibi Mystic Gohan - Why do you say that? Trunks came back in time to give Goku the medicine (sp?) AND warn him about the androids. Just because he didn’t need to give Goku medicine doesn’t mean he wouldn’t travel back in time.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:50 pm

Nyogo, your anatomy could really use some work if your trying to imitate Toriyama's style. Otherwise, keep it up.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:24 pm

actually all we need is for Goku to have the virus in Trunks' timeline not necessarily the main timeline. The only reason they wen back in time wass to try and get Goku to stay alive and fight as Bulma and Trunks believed he could do something to change the future had he fought. If Goku'd been killed in their timeline, then they'd have no reason to go back.

However if you wanted to say have Goku be cured before the fight with the androids, not have it show up during the fight then that would be a fun what if, simply because Goku wouldn't have gotten weakened out fopr so long but then again if #16 had seen him back then...
-Laserkid

tysonwritesel

Post by tysonwritesel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:13 pm

Sounds awesome!
tysonwritesel, @Kanzenshuu member for 9 years, 2 months, 29 days! ***3-18-2004***

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:14 pm

I'm pretty sure Goku trained in Future Trunks's timeline before he died. Goku always trains in times of peace, like the seven years between the Cell and Buu sagas.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:57 pm

tysonwritesel:

Whooooooooooa there. No images are allowed in sigs (I'm removing it, now), and please use a standard font... no extra tags necessary.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::