Future DragonBall Kai Intro Question...

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Sorry if it came off a bit harsh, but geez, some of the previous posts are making it sound as if just cause a vast majority of AMERICAN viewers that are only seeing this via online downloads don't like Kai, it's doomed to be cancelled real soon. Like someone said before me, it's not that your opinion doesn't matter, it's just that it doesn't affect the ratings in Japan. Kai is big in Japan now, and the American fanbase isn't going to affect that. Despite what we think, Kai's sticking around.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun May 31, 2009 1:29 pm

It kinda reminds me of Kamen Rider Den-O. It's largely disliked by bitter american teenagers and adults for being cute and focussing too much on the Imagin. While in Japan, it's had two movies in-series (one more than usual), one that seems to take place in an AU in typical Kamen Rider fashion, and a fourth movie spun off an AU story in Kamen Rider DCD. Not to mention two 10-12 episode anime series they largely stopped because they ran out of good jokes.

And I've got a friend who doesn't visit any message boards but loved Z years ago watching Kai. He's getting a kick out of it and has no complaints so far. Just hearing Vegeta's original voice had him loving ep 9.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:17 am

DemonRin wrote:I guess I just know how GT fans feel now is all
Wait. GT Fans, Plural?

:lol: Joking, I kind of like GT I just had to make that joke.