CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA in English

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Entropy

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA in English

Post by Entropy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:51 pm

I was wondering if somebody could give me some information regarding a version of Cha-La Head-Cha-La that was recorded in english.

Hironobu Kageyama was not the vocalist.
It sounded like a native english speaker, possibly American.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:15 pm

Yeah, I remember hearing a bunch of english dubbed japanese OPs and EDs on Kazaa a while back. It sounded like Kageyama was trying to speak english, or someone was having too much fun with a synthesizer.

I'm not sure if thats exactly what your talking about however.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:40 pm

They are recorded by "Age of Wonder," and come from a CD from the Philippines entitled Songs of a High Spirited Saga. There's a bunch of other great songs they did; we've got the track-list up on the "Foriegn CDs" page. Sadly, I'm in the same boat as everyone else and have but the low-quality MP2 files.

Hironobu Kageyama has only recorded three DBZ songs in English, all of which appear on his Mixture (Best Album 3) CD. Tracklisting's up on this page (these songs, contrastly, I have full quality versions of).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:12 pm

Uhhh any chance you can share these MP2s?

EDIT: ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE GO FOR NO. 1!!! If anyone has Mezase Tenkai-chi in English first I'll kill you for not sharing it and then everyone will love you and the gods will smile upon you.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:29 pm

I don't even have them all... just CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, Romantic..., and Kimi ga Hero. In fact, I don't even know that I still have those...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:33 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't even have them all... just CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, Romantic..., and Kimi ga Hero. In fact, I don't even know that I still have those...
Well I found Head Cha La on my hard drive. I'm REALLY interested in Hero and Romantic for that matter.

Any chance you could take a peek?

(And I'm going to ask my friend who's in the Philippines to take a good look now.)

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:07 pm

It must have been way back in the pre Planet Namek days, probably before I even found Daizenshuu EX when I last heard of this. Back then however, I didn’t even have a sound file. I instead got to see it as a poorly recorded video file, and could barely even make out the instruments. Trust me on this, if the MP2 is the same thing, just steer clear of it. Your ears will thank you for it. If however you find the CD EX has mentioned, by all means enjoy it. But in the short, these have been long gone from the mainstream community.
-Laserkid

Entropy

Post by Entropy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:08 am

Thank you very much VegettoEX. I was reading the music database and I had narrowed it down but I wasn't sure which Cha-La Head-Cha-La it was.
(besides the ones that were obviously japanese)
I remember the song I had being encoded in MP3 at 92 kilobits/s.

EDIT: I have found the song I was talking about: Link

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:57 am

VegettoEX wrote: Hironobu Kageyama has only recorded three DBZ songs in English, all of which appear on his Mixture (Best Album 3) CD. Tracklisting's up on this page (these songs, contrastly, I have full quality versions of).
Yeah, he recorded them in english, but its really poor english. Its like listening to the first Inuyasha Op in english, just plain scary. O.O