There should be an official ''New Dragonball figures'' topic

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Wukong
Regular

There should be an official ''New Dragonball figures'' topic

Post by Son Wukong » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:56 am

Seriously, a lot of smexy figures are being produced lately and it's quite hard to keep up so maybe we can all post our findings in a single thread ??
I'll start with these ones

''Battle Masterpiece Collection Dragon Ball Kai Frieza vs Goku Battle Damage Figure'' available from cdjapan:

''Dragon Ball Z Doramatic Diorama Parent & Child KAMEHAMEHA'' also available from cdjapan:

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:00 am

Both are amazing! I saw the Goku/Gohan one on Play-Asia a couple weeks ago and was blown away. The only thing I didn't like about it was the price tag of $140.00... :/

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:05 am

I wish I had the cash for all these awesome figures. I will beat myself up every time I remember those One Piece X Dragon Ball figures I couldn't afford. :oops:
[b]PSN: Mune-sama[/b]

Add me for some HD Remix or SF4.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:07 pm

I posted a lot of the new figures in the this thread, but I've recently found some other cool stuff. Though, it is strange (and interesting) that they're including characters from the movies in here, which I doubt is a hint at Toei planning on remastering them too, and more of an example of Toei milking the cow. The set is going for 3,500 yen over at Hobby Search:

Images of that first set of Real Works Kai figures are now out. Even though it is says ten figures, I'm a little confused; six are shown, and the discription says that one "another version model" will be included... but that's only seven, so you might be getting double is you order this set:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImage

Next here is a ten figure set featuring five of our heroes and five awesome villains to go with them. Going for 3,500 yen over at Hobby Search:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Now here is another set of Kai figures (even though you wouldn't know that just from looking at them). It's a pretty nice looking set, and I guess if you get a Dragonball with all seven figures, you get a bonus Gotenks figure. 3,325 yen over at Hobby Search:

Now here is a pretty nice figure, depicting a scene from the Battle with Vegeta. Standing an impressive 30 centimeters and costing a whopping 26,250 yen over at Hobby Search, this must be made of something nice. The base of the figure seems to be a square shape, which could possible mean that there are more figures of this line to come from later points in the series that fit together to make a nice tile pattern:

And now we have another figure listed branded under Dragonball Kai, but I swear there was a figure that must have been released under this same series a while ago, and couldn't have been a Kai product... It's going for 33,075 over at Amazon Japan:

Now it's time to get some food!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:24 pm

That image is forever going to conjure up its TFS counterpart in my mind when I see it. :lol:

Thank you for sharing the pictures.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Here are two more Kai products that I found on Amazon Japan:

A set of six cute key-chains: LINK

A set of ten "deformation" figures: LINK

Here's an awesome new figure from the Dragon Ball Z Creatures line of Shenlong. Only 1,450 yen over at Hobby Link Japan:

Here are some really cool-lookign new High Spec. Kai figures from Banpresto for 900 yen each [LINK]:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

And in case you need some help and some motivation to save up those pennies for that new DBK Blu-ray release, here are some piggy banks (without Oolong!). The Tenkaichi Budoukai one is branded under Kai:

ImageImage

There also seems to be a lot of DBK food products popping up...

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:49 am

Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 am

Pain wrote:http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... th_fix.jpg

This one reeks of Brando.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUcYJi03nNQ

I take it that this is now the Official Figures Thread...?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Bardock No Sensei

Post by Bardock No Sensei » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:06 am

"That's right, you may have anticipated my attacks so far, but you have no idea what I am capable of now... and what you don't know... could hurt you."
— Goku
Check out my under construction website! http://galaxyofsaiyans.weebly.com/

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 am

O_O I want that Future Gohan statue & the Goku holding Goten.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Wow I really need that DBZ creatures Shen-Long. That's amazing.
Trans rights, now!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Wooh, just searching for "dragon ball kai" on ebay gives a crapton of new figures :D

Really don't know what the deal is with them all being green. Hopefully colored versions of these will be available, too.

Ooh, a kaioken Goku that's actually not ALL red. While the other sculpts just look kinda meh, I guess any sort of Yamcha figure is welcome.

Now for my favorite of the batch:

Gotta love new chibi figures. The addition of a bonus two-part Oozaru Vegeta is a nice touch, too.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

Chuquita wrote:

That image is forever going to conjure up its TFS counterpart in my mind when I see it. :lol:

Thank you for sharing the pictures.
I see that picture and I think *Sque-eak*, "log mass of an object dictates.....impact on the ground", "Why is it always the goddamn eye", and "running, running, running, running!"
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Image

Ooh, a kaioken Goku that's actually not ALL red. While the other sculpts just look kinda meh, I guess any sort of Yamcha figure is welcome.
While they look pretty nice, the Kame symbols are missing, and I'm guessing so is the Kaio symbol on Goku's back...

And Kuririn looks pretty fucked up there.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:
Gotta love new chibi figures. .
Those are pure win.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Funny how Yamcha's got his blue shirt on while Kuririn doesn't...
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:49 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Funny how Yamcha's got his blue shirt on while Kuririn doesn't...
I find it absolutely fascinating how you guys notice this stuff. No offense at all it's just really interesting to me. Maybe I'm just extremely unobservant.
:lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:48 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Funny how Yamcha's got his blue shirt on while Kuririn doesn't...
I find it absolutely fascinating how you guys notice this stuff. No offense at all it's just really interesting to me. Maybe I'm just extremely unobservant.
:lol:
Well, it just sort of popped out to me. The only time Yamcha looks like that is during training for the Saiyan's arrival, but during that time Kuririn is also wearing his training gi...
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:58 pm

If you look closely at the wrinkles in the clothes, most especially the position of the belts, you'll notice it's because Yamucha and Son have the exact same body Sculpt, the only difference being the shoes.

Laaaaaaaayzyyyyyyyyy

Tekkaman-James
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tekkaman-James » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:41 am

DemonRin wrote:If you look closely at the wrinkles in the clothes, most especially the position of the belts, you'll notice it's because Yamucha and Son have the exact same body Sculpt, the only difference being the shoes.

Laaaaaaaayzyyyyyyyyy
Very observant...and very lame. :roll: