Voices missing in certain areas?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dewgel

Voices missing in certain areas?

Post by Dewgel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:48 pm

Well..I remember seeing a clip once (IGuide, I believe) and it showed us some of the Skill Shop.

When the player was hovering above things, Lunch spoke to you. But; In my UK PAL version, she only speaks sometimes for certain things.

EG. In the vid, I heard her say:
"Let me tell you about the...Exciting..Skill System"

(the ... are pauses because of her poor skills of reading the name when recording it :lol: ).

Although on my version, she doesn't.

Does anyone here have her say that in theirs?

-Steve

EDIT: Corrected "-Steve" typo error from "-Stee".

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:29 pm

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dewgel

Post by Dewgel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:44 pm

Sorry mate :oops: .

Anyway, you wouldn't mind answerring my question would you :)?

-Steve

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:39 pm

I can't really say if this is the case for all of the PAL Budokai 3's, or if it's a glitch on your game. I know the North American version has Lunch speaking in the Capsule Shop each time you enter.

And...uh Steve? Do you really need to write your name at the end of each post? You're not writing a formal letter, and your screen name is always listed at the left of your message.

-The Great Deus

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:51 pm

Well, for someone in his avatar-less state I believe it works well. It has come to my understanding that a lot of people actually determine who the author is based on their quick glance at their avatar. Now that he's practically naked for the time being, the "-Steve" helps me distinguish him from thousands of other forum members.

I don't suggest everyone starts doing it, but if you're one of the many "avatar-less" people then hey why not.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:49 pm

Better yet: Get yourself an avatar. :P

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:17 am

Zackarotto wrote:Better yet: Get yourself an avatar. :P
Just for that, I'm going to ignore the left side of the screen and assume Confucius has risen from the grave and is posting all of your messages.

Dewgel

Post by Dewgel » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:08 pm

As intelligent as you lot are, you love to go slightly off-topic don't you? lol.

Deus, Thanks.

Also Deus, I prefer to post my name at the end of posts. It's a habit and also, as Mugen said, helps you determin who I am whilst I'm avatar-less.

For the time being, until I resize my avatar to 80x80, I will continue to post "-Steve". After I've got my avatar, I'll stop.

It's still a habit I'm used to , and makes me feel much more intelligent (*sneeze*) :)

-Steve

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:52 pm

Uhh... Confucius has risen from the grave and is posting all of these messages...

Yes, we are off topic. But wasn't it me who said "The superior man is modest with his words, and, uhm, shut it up, you"?

I don't wanna get banned...