Ridiculous.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bobby

Ridiculous.

Post by Bobby » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:11 pm

You have a set of rules that explain what you can and cannot say or discuss here in this forum? Why? Don't be such a pretentious dick and allow for some proper debate that doesn't allow for Yamcha being able to beat Perfect Cell because he could beat a guy who brought a fight to another guy that beat Cell in one hit. Ludicrous. I joined this forum under the impression that I'd discuss intelligent matters when it comes to Dragon Ball, and all I get are closings under a cop-out reply. Yes, I know Dragon Ball is fake. Yes, I know these are characters who can fly and shoot beams out of their hands. Yes, I know it's not meant to be taken seriously, but if you're going to have a discussion forum for the fucking show, at least allow for proper debates.

VegettoEX, I'd suggest not being such a dick and lose these ridiculous and asinine formailies. What a waste of time this was.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:16 pm

Whoa, uhh... what?

The "strength" topic had already run its course before I got to it. Closing it was simply a way to avoid it turning into... well... the IGN boards. Which we aren't.

No-one's told you anything that, flat-out, you absolutely cannot discuss. You may bring up the example of the "canon vs. filler," but quite frankly, I don't think there's much of an argument there. I simply don't see an intelligent and mature forum benefiting, in any way, shape or form, from someone debating whether or not Yamcha could beat a bear that plays hockey because it happens in the anime but not the manga. Nonsense. That just doesn't accomplish anything, and encourages people to throw in ridiculous statements.

If you still feel that you're unable to follow the rules of this forum, you're more than welcome to find another place to "hang" (in fact, I'd be more than happy to help in that search). You're all about a mature and intelligent place, yet you start a thread like this? Kinda going against your own principles, is it not?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:17 pm

No, it is not. I shouldn't have to hold my tongue because you feel the stating of what is filler or not makes someone feel superior to someone else.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:20 pm

Bobby wrote:No, it is not. I shouldn't have to hold my tongue because you feel the stating of what is filler or not makes someone feel superior to someone else.
*points We've got an actual "Filler Guide" in-the-works and available for viewing. I have nothing against stating what is filler; I have problems with the new-fangled Internet trend of "OMG PHAILURE CUZ J00 QUOTED FILLER." It's just unacceptable, and I'm preventing that from happening. That's what administrators do... they prevent and act accordingly. Again, if you feel like you don't fit in and will be unable to follow the forum rules, you're more than welcome to ask to have your account closed and head-on elsewhere. I hope it doesn't come to that, but whatever floats your boat.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:21 pm

*grabs the popcorn* It's been a good four or so years since I've seen someone call Mike a pompous ass! Just like old times!

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:21 pm

I never did that, and never have. I've discussed Dragon Ball in a respectful matter before, I wasn't limited to what I can and can't say because it objects with the updates to your website.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:52 pm

I've never seen Mike lock or delete anything that was intelligent. He's kept this board perfectly intelligent and sane, unlike 99% of forums out there. Calling him a dick because he's trying to keep irrelevant or useless discussion out of the forum is dumb. In one of your posts you claim that Mike is "harassing" the members. ... I certainly can't find an example of that.

If you feel that the rules and regulations of the forum or its staff is "Ridiculous", then why post or visit at all?

Share some of that popcorn, Meri, this could be a good one.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:25 am

Cell > Pikkon

Pikkon hit Cell by surprize.....
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:35 am

Kid Buu wrote:Cell > Paikuhan

Paikuhan hit Cell by surprize.....
Exactly the types of conversations I can't stand to see :).

The recent "trend" has been:

1) Equations with character/transformation strengths
2) "You can't say... [insert item here]... because it's filler"
3) PHAILURE

It's just silly, and I see it on every forum I lurk around (which, probably to the surprise of many, is quite a huge amount... I like to lurk and keep secret about what's going on ^_~). I really do know what goes on in a lot of places... perhaps not specific places, but on average with a large number of areas as a collective whole.

As Daizenshuu EX is a different kind of site, you have to expect to see different types of conversations here. Debates on who can beat who with what technique at what strength at what point in the series with what amount of filler... that just doesn't accomplish anything. You could say that no conversation(s) about DBZ accomplish anything, but really... there comes a point where you just have to draw the line.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:24 am

(which, probably to the surprise of many, is quite a huge amount... I like to lurk and keep secret about what's going on ^_~)
NERD!

But to Bobby, you really shouldn't worry so much about "making a statement" against VegettoEX's "ways." If he really bothers you that much all you can do is leave in all honesty. You're might be thinkin' "I can do what I want." Well, yeah, you can...until you're banned. And then I mean, what has anyone gained? Not a whole lot. I don't see VegettoEX changing his policies just because one person was slightly offed by them.

By the way the butter on your popcorn is my urine.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:13 am

VegettoEX wrote: 1) Equations with character/transformation strengths
I don't know what rock you've been living under, but the [character A]>>>[character B] had been around for quite some time.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:31 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: 1) Equations with character/transformation strengths
I don't know what rock you've been living under, but the [character A]>>>[character B] had been around for quite some time.
Yes, far too long for my tastes. :P

I can't go into any message board without being bombarded with an endless list of:

Goku>>Vegeta>>Yamcha>>Raditz>>Farmer with ShotGun>>ETC

It's lnot only annoying to read, but extremly lazy of the writer. It won't kill them to type out "Goku is stronger than Vegeta, because he eats his vegetables."

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:36 am

Try writing out, let's say, a strength chart for a whole saga. It would be much easier to just say "Vegetto>>Super Buu-Gohan>>Super Buu Gotenks", ect, than "Vegetto is stronger than Super Buu-Gohan, who is stronger than Super Buu Gotenks, who is stronger than..."
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:44 am

Yeah it would easier (reread my point on lazyness), but I sure as hell wouldn't want to read through a full page of it. The right thing to do would be more like:

Goku:
Strongest during the Piccolo arc, won 1st place at tournament.

Piccolo:
Took second place, barely lost to Goku.

Besides, when people resort to these >> >> listings, they usually end up getting the orders wrong, based on their own misinformation, because they don't need to give reasons or facts.

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:17 am

"m3gatr0n would liek so totally beet cAell and yumcha!!!!!!!11111ONEONEONE111!!111!!1 - I'm r1GH+ t0 shutup lollololll!!"

Discuss.

Or don't. Seriously, thats where vs. topics inevitably lead. No matter how well it set up it will just turn into a flame war. And with filler/non-filler/transformations/wizards dragged into the mix, it only gets worse.
... Maybe later.

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:29 pm

You're all wasting your time! Once the sun blows, this planet is DOOMED!
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:22 pm

Hold on, I should probably clarify something, as it was a thread I started that caused all this:

I know that filler isn't canon, but I wanted to include the filler in that thread for several reasons. One, because we were having a debate about a character from the anime specifically, and also because I haven't read all of the manga.

I feel pretty bad about this; so let's just pretend that didn't happen.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:33 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It's absolutely nothing against the original author...
You have absolutely nothing to worry or feel bad about. You've carried yourself with no problem.

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:56 pm

"OMG PHAILURE CUZ J00 QUOTED FILLER."
Yeah what's up with that? Since when did Americans start loving DB based on the manga alone? I had a crew once say I knew nothing about DBZ because I simply acknowledged filler facts, but never applied them to the story or real facts......real being relative.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:05 am

The world as we knew it has changed, my friend.

*shakes his cane*

I'm keeping this frisbee!

In all seriousness, yeah. It's extremely weird. I'm guessing it's because there's enough of the manga out in their/our own language, now, that it's finally possible for general fans to sit there with the manga in their hand all be all pretentious about it. Totally strange, though, and complete opposite of what we started off with.