Kai Episode 15 (12 July 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:02 pm

For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the fifteenth episode of DragonBall Kai. Hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 015, "Goku in Absolute Peril! Entrust Your Wishes to the Genki-dama"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Why don't they change Vegeta's voice when he turns Ozaru? It sounded like his normal voice as apposed to a deeper voice like in the FUNi dub. Was this the same in the original too, because it didn't sound right to me. Cool episode though!
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:27 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Why don't they change Vegeta's voice when he turns Ozaru? It sounded like his normal voice as apposed to a deeper voice like in the FUNi dub. Was this the same in the original too, because it didn't sound right to me. Cool episode though!
Yeah, they've never pitched his voice in the Japanese version. Personally I think it's a nice touch, it gives a nice human touch to a pretty friggin' huge monkey.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 am

It normally sounds like an "echo" effect. Was it like that in this episode?

ssjcj
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjcj » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:07 pm

I know that it will most likely be cut but I liked the pre-Namek filler with the kids on the space ship. I think it introduced Freeza better than in the manga.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:33 pm

ssjcj wrote:I know that it will most likely be cut but I liked the pre-Namek filler with the kids on the space ship. I think it introduced Freeza better than in the manga.
How did it introduce Freeza..?

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:
ssjcj wrote:I know that it will most likely be cut but I liked the pre-Namek filler with the kids on the space ship. I think it introduced Freeza better than in the manga.
How did it introduce Freeza..?
It was the first time in the anime that they mentioned Freeza's name. I always thought it was a great way to build up the character, having an entire ship of castaways running from Freeza and knowing him by reputation before seeing him.