Would Vegetto last for one day?!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Would Vegetto last for one day?!

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 am

We all know that the Potara fusuion lasts forever.

But here's the thing... Goku, who was alive, fused with Vegeta, who was dead.

And we all know that the dead are allowed to go back to life for one one day only, okay?

So, if Vegeta's time on earth ran out... would Vegetto split up again to Goku and Vegeta?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Booney
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booney » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:19 am

I don't think so.
Vegetto is a person on his own.

When he formed Goku and Vegeta no longer exist.

Well at least that's how I see it.
[url=http://superbooney.deviantart.com/]My DeviantART[/url]

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:21 am

No, because Vegetto is alive as a halo was not shown. And Goku stated that Vegeta should have left his earring on so he didn't have to go back to afterlife.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 pm

The real question is if he would last one day married to both Bulma AND Chi-Chi. Polygamy for the lose.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Y'know what? Now that you mention it, this would have been a much better reason for them splitting up then just "Oh no, the evil...something inside Boo made us split up." :?
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:58 pm

johnboy1 wrote:The real question is if he would last one day married to both Bulma AND Chi-Chi. Polygamy for the lose.
It's only for the lose if one of the parties involved objects. Otherwise... well... you know :wink:.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:01 pm

If this turned out to be a problem, Vegetto would just punch the afterlife until it gave up.

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:23 pm

johnboy1 wrote:The real question is if he would last one day married to both Bulma AND Chi-Chi. Polygamy for the lose.
Doesn't sound like too much of a problem to me.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:34 pm

DBKHD is right. When they're inside Buu and the fusion gets canceled, Vegeta breaks his earring.

Goku: "Why did you do that!? We could have fused again once we got outside! And besides, you're dead! You'll have to go back to the afterlife if you don't combine with me!"
Vegeta: "Better dead than being one with you."

Paraphrasing, cause I don't have time to copy it word for word from Viz. But it makes it pretty clear that Vegetto is a separate entity who isn't half-dead, so to speak.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:Doesn't sound like too much of a problem to me.
Dude, Chi-Chi seems way too uptight to be into group sex. Bulma... well, I can see her doing pretty much anything, but still. Not to mention that the bitch-o-meter breaks whenever it comes within fifty feet of either of them.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Dude, Chi-Chi seems way too uptight to be into group sex. Bulma... well, I can see her doing pretty much anything, but still. Not to mention that the bitch-o-meter breaks whenever it comes within fifty feet of either of them.
Chi Chi might suprise you (at least in the dub anyhow).
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:49 pm

the_abberration wrote:
johnboy1 wrote:Dude, Chi-Chi seems way too uptight to be into group sex. Bulma... well, I can see her doing pretty much anything, but still. Not to mention that the bitch-o-meter breaks whenever it comes within fifty feet of either of them.
Chi Chi might suprise you (at least in the dub anyhow).
Look at Vegeta's face in the crowd scene. He's totally into it.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:38 am

Give them Potara earings as well.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 am

Raki wrote:
Give them Potara earings as well.
They could use Vegetto's pair. Once you're fused, you don't need them any more, and they can be reused so long as the people using them aren't already a fusion.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Vegeta's technically alive due to Baba's powers.

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Vegeta's technically alive due to Baba's powers.
Is he? I thought all Baba was able to do was simply act as a means through which to travel between the world of the dead and the world of the living. If he were actually alive, why would he have a halo? Wouldn't it go away for the day or something?

I dunno... given established trends, it doesn't really seem like Vegeta could be considered any more "alive" than Goku was when Baba took him back to the world of the living.

mattymoron
Beyond Newbie

Post by mattymoron » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Vegeta was still dead. He was granted a one-day return by King Yemma, all Baba did was transport him from the Check-in Station to Earth.

Vegeta wasn't revived until the wish made with the Namekian dragonballs to revive everyone who had died since the Tournament.

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:09 pm

I think Vegetto is completely alive because he is a completely new person. It would be like 2 people giving birth to a new person. You could think of it as like being a citizen of a country. If a person from Mexico came to America for 1 day and gave birth there, then the baby would be an American even though the mother came from Mexico. So if a person from the afterlife comes to Earth and creates a new person, that person is alive.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Being dead is the absence of life.

By having something alive being put in the fusing process the resulting being had life inserted into him.

Therefore there wasn`t an absence of life, therefore the being was not dead, but alive.

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm

rereboy wrote:Being dead is the absence of life.

By having something alive being put in the fusing process the resulting being had life inserted into him.

Therefore there wasn`t an absence of life, therefore the being was not dead, but alive.
Interesting conclusion. I guess that would be true, or else he would have been half-dead. Zombie Vegetto
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."