300 Characters and more!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Character # 21

<=Future Gohan=>

Likes: The true bad ass with the heart of gold. Strong spirited, hard working, determined, self sacrificing, and just pure awesome. This is what Gohan in the present time line should have grown up to be. I mean how much cooler can you get, he fights with one friggin arm and still takes on both androids! And although it is up for debate, he may have been able to defeat the androids individually. He's got scars, a great attitude, and is the epitome of what a Z fighter should be. It really is too bad that Gohan in "our" time line didn't turn out quite so cool. He also trained the massive fan favorite Future Trunks.

Dislikes: He gets killed (sad face). I don't really have much to dislike about him.

And yes, he is so different from present Gohan he deserves his own character profile.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Character # 22

<=Namu=>

{ I would be impressed if I could do the image part. . . }

Likes: Even with a goal as singular as "Win tournament = get money = get water", he still comes across as a deeper character: deeply committed to his family, his village, and seemingly his spiritual path (and likewise gets to overtly reference a real-world religious figure without the universe exploding.); he's completely unprepared for something like Ranfan's "nudity attack", but deals with it anyway without succumbing to the fate of the likes of KameSen'nin; he is merciful even when he has to win a fight for the survival of those he cares for (at least in his first attack on Goku; he wasn't holding back on the second, as I understand it, but Goku kinda halted it anyway.). Filler takes it further, and shows that Namu still appreciates a decent challenge when he doesn't have so much to worry about, showing up at the twenty-second tournament for a rematch with Goku. He's serious, kinda on the unique side (though a lot of his personality traits get transferred to Tenshinhan... Heh), and a generally good guy (one might say a pretty cool guy...) that gets to fight well, too!

Dislikes: He kinda falls off the face of the earth after he dies and comes back to life. Even in filler? Eh, so much for that competitive spirit that filler gave him.

Eih, I was torn between Namu and S'no. :(
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Character #23

Like: Well, he has sunglasses. That's unique, right?

Dislike: Has very little going for him and is by far the least interesting of the Artificial Humans.
Last edited by WhatTheDarn on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Character # 24

Hirudegarn.

Like: DBZ has their own Kaiju villain. And that he was pretty original for a movie villain

Dislike: He never did anything that great, and died from a lame plot device move.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Character #25

<=Ozotto=>

Likes: His uniqe design and ability to transform into shape of his opponent.

Dislike: Since he's character made only for arcade game Dragon Ball Z V.R.V.S., he's undeveloped as character and his color scheme can be different.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Character # 26

<= Bra =>

Like: Stands up for herself, wraps Vegeta around her little finger, one of the rare female half Saiyajin. Can fly!

Dislike: NEEDED MORE SCREENTIME!! And she should've turned SSJ. Or at least show some of her fighting skills.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Character #27

Piccolo Daimao

Dislikes: Got too cocky and had a gigantic hole in his chest. :?

DAMN MONKEYS!

Tekkaman-James
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tekkaman-James » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Character # 28

<= JANEMBA =>

ImageImage

Like: Coolest sword-wielding character in all of DBZ, his groovy teleport power, the way he schooled both Goku and Vegeta, and his awesomely drastic transformation from a giant blob into the most wicked-looking character in DBZ. (All my own opinion, obviously.)

Dislike: He has no lines of dialogue, is only featured in a movie and is therefore only quasi-canonical, and the fact that he gets destroyed in less than 2 minutes by Gogeta through the use of some unnamed kind of rainbow pixie-dust ability.

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cartman Blues » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:20 pm

Character # 29

<= GOGETA =>

Like: Extremely badass. Could easily take down villains who seemed so powerful.

Dislike: Shown only twice...
Last edited by Cartman Blues on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

Saiyaman Prime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Saiyaman Prime » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Character # 30
Chaozu

Likes: Very interesting character in terms of abilities. I really like his psychic powers and friendship with Tenshinhan.

Dislikes: He never did much in the story. He never got his chance to shine...He is probably remembered most for his suicidal attack against Nappa which didn't affect the battle much(well Tenshinhan did get pissed but he didn't do much against Nappa either).

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Character # 31
Papoi

Dislikes: He's cocky and apparently weak. Never fought anyone on screen.

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Character # 32

<=Gokua=>

Dislikes: He was easily defeated by Mirai no Trunks, then we can't se him fight so much...

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Character # 33

<=Yamcha=>

Likes: The Wolf Fang Fist was awesome. Also, Yamcha was always ready to fight (until the Androids arc), though he usually got owned.
Dislikes: Well, he's the only character pathetic enough to get multiple scars from random training around the Earth.
Not a problem.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:21 pm

So far, so good guys! I have 1 critique, but first, the list of characters named thus far in alphabetical order:

*Bardock
*Bra
*Broly
*Bulma
*Chaozu
*Cooler
*Freeza
*Future Gohan
*Future Trunks
*Gogeta
*Goku
*Gokua
*Goten
*Gotenks
*Gyuumao (Ox King)
*Hildegarn
*Janemba
*Kuririn
*Lunch
*Mai
*Mr. Satan (Mark)
*Namu
*Ozotto
*Pan
*Papoi
*Piccolo
*Piccolo Daimao
*Pilaf
*Tenshinhan
*Vegeta
*Yajirobe
*Yamcha

A total of 33 characters thus far! Not bad! Plus, you guys are going for the more minor characters, which is good.

By the way, please no live-action movie characters. Characters specifically from the manga, anime, and video games (excluding the Evolution video game) only.
DemonRin wrote:Question. Can we post more than once? eventually we might have to to keep the posting up.
And Secondly, Do Future Trunks, Gohan, Bulma, And Cyborgs 17 and 18 count as Separate Characters?
1. Yes, you can post more than once. Other people have been doing it already anyway, but I don't think there is 200 really active posters on here. Probably more like 50.

2. Yes. Oh! You mean their future counterparts....

Sure. I have a feeling we're going to run out of characters at a certain point, so you can do them. No minor future characters I'll say. Ones that were significant in that special you can include.
Dr. Casey wrote:This is one of the best threads ever, by the way.
Thank you! :D I've been planning this thread for about 2 weeks, but I'm glad I used this version as the final version.
caejones wrote:{ I would be impressed if I could do the image part. . . }
Do you mean you couldn't find an image? If you couldn't find an image, here's one:

So far, I would say Kunzait_83 is winning this thread so far. I was impressed....

....and I completely expected you, jda95, to post Goten. If it wasn't you, it was going to be Lil' Lemmy.

Keep it up! :)
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 pm

Character #34

Son Gokuu Jr.

Like: Was strong :p.

Dislike: Wasn't around much.

mattymoron
Beyond Newbie

Post by mattymoron » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:36 pm

Character # 35

<=Jinzonengen #8=>

Likes: He's the original kind-hearted Android. Muscle Tower was one of my all-time favorite parts of Dragonball. Plus, he looks like Frankestein, which is pretty B.A.

Dislikes: He's kind of a puss, and he doesn't really do much besides punching General White.
Last edited by mattymoron on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:55 pm

mattymoron wrote:Character # 34
35, mattymoron.

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:00 am

Character # 36

<=Farmer with a shotgun=>

Likes: He was the very first person we learned the battle power of.

Dislikes: It wasn't over 9,000...

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cartman Blues » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:07 am

Shiyonasan wrote:...but please, no live-action movie characters. I want characters specifically from the manga, anime, and video games (excluding the Evolution video game), so I'm going to have to ask that you change your character, Cartman Blues. Yes, he's different than Goku, but that movie is so vastly different from the series that I don't even consider it part of the series. Call me a prick Evolution fans, but that's just how I feel. I am going to edit my first post to include that rule....
Sorry bout that. I'll change it.
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:14 am

Cartman Blues wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:...but please, no live-action movie characters. I want characters specifically from the manga, anime, and video games (excluding the Evolution video game), so I'm going to have to ask that you change your character, Cartman Blues. Yes, he's different than Goku, but that movie is so vastly different from the series that I don't even consider it part of the series. Call me a prick Evolution fans, but that's just how I feel. I am going to edit my first post to include that rule....

Sorry bout that. I'll change it.
No problem. :wink:
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.