300 Characters and more!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Character #86

<=Ledgic=>

Likes: Well, he had a cool personality, interesting character design, and um, he is the first real fight in GT. He is pretty much just a Tenshinhan/Piccolo type, as in he is a Bad Guy that is bad for the wrong reasons but turns good after fighting Goku. He turned on that dumb ass Don Kee guy that everyone hated.

Dislikes: Has almost no development. He is only in a few episodes. Promises to fight Goku again but never returns.

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zeroplus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Character #87

<=Saibaimen=>

Dislikes: They are Cell Jr V1.0
F OFF GOOTECKS!

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:16 am

Wow, that's some douchebag-ey reasoning.

Character #88

Lord Slugg

Like- He's such a fun big mean bastard. Every movie echoes the series but Sluggu seems to have more of a sense of humor than Daimaou did, with the scene screencapped as evidence. It was great to see another Nameccian brawler and the reveal is such a fun shot with that mile-wide grin of his and the flashing imagery between the faces with the music clicking. He also tells us about the Nameccian weakness for whistling.

Dislike- His backstory confuses things greatly in terms of how Nameksei worked in the past, and I always thought the term 'Super Namek' was stupid.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 am

Character #89

Cell

Pros: Has all the most-used Z-Warrior attacks (Kamehameha, Taio-Ken, Kienzan) and not-so used attacks (Makenkosappo, Galick Gun), he's an incredible bad-ass, destroys cities/kills people because he can, and if not for the God that was Gohan at the time, he would of destroyed the Universe.

Cons: Because he has Vegeta and Freeza's cells, he's just as arrogant and cocky as both of them combined. He let loose the Cell Jrs just to awaken Gohan's hidden powers, but he pretty much sealed his fate when he destroyed Jinzoningen 16, making Gohan go ape-shit. Just like Vegeta, he got himself killed because of his arrogance. (Like Vegeta in Freeza arc)
Last edited by SuperSaiyan3Goku on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 am

Character #90

Giant Fish

Likes: He's big, delicious, and the first villain Son Goku takes down.

Dislikes: Goku isn't one to share his meals.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:03 am

Character #91

Garlic Jr.

Likes: He's tiny and mean. He's got a genuine purpose of vengeance instead of the usual "I want to kill everyone and dominate the universe for little to no reason". He fights Kami and wins. He's the second villain who manages to get his wish and the only who manages to get immortality.

Deslikes: His filler was too long, it wasn't too bad, but damn it was too fucking long. It would be more interesting if he was from Makai instead of being just another Alien. He's defeated the same way twice.

P.S.: We're hardly reaching the end of the barrel.

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:50 am

Onikage725 wrote:He's been posted three times now. Gohan's a popular fellow.
Time for Gohan to make his fourth appearance!

Character #92

<=Gohan=>

Likes: Grandpa Gohan is the original Gohan, which is an interesting concept to the (I assume) vast majority of us who were introduced to the younger Gohan first. He adopted and raised Goku shorty after Planet Vegeta's destruction and is responsible, more than anyone else, for his personality, and peaceful nature. He trained under Kame-Sen'nin and was the original Goku to Gyumao's Kuririn. He was also the first in a series of legendary warriors to train Goku, followed by his own old master, then Karin, Kami, and Kaio-Sama.

Dislikes: He was stepped on by Goku. That's a pretty undignified way to go.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 am

Character #93

(North) Kaio

Likes: He's the next level of God after Kami that we get to meet, and one of the most directly helpful in the series. I love bad jokes, so that's a plus for me. I also find the hierarchy of the gods and the layout of the cosmos fascinating. They're my favorite part of the latter half of the manga, and Kaio is almost like the doorway into that stuff.

He's the source of both Kaioken and Genki Dama, which became valuable techniques for Goku. Even after replacing Kaioken with Super Saiyan, the Genki Dama stays around, and even takes out the last villain in the story.

Though he is supposed to be 'neutral' and not really play favorites, he's obviously on the side of good. He bends the rules (in that gods shouldn't solve the problems of mortals all the time) a bit by helping them reach Namek, as well as organizing the wishes during the Freeza saga. He also helps Goku go to Namek to bring Dende back, and then later sticks with Goku even after he got him blown up. He even continues to watch over his training up till the Buu saga. What's not to like? He's a great guy.

Oh, and he has a pet monkey. Named Bubbles.

Dislikes: It's hard to find anything bad to say about him. I guess the fact that he helped out once or twice opens the door for him always being able to help Earth, getting the Namekians to use their dragon balls and whatnot. Maybe he should have had some more clearly spelled out limits. However, Toriyama never uses him to solve problems too easily, so it's only ever really brought up by the fans ("why didn't Kaio get the Namekians to help in Trunks' future?").

I would mention that he almost slept through the Cell saga, but I find it too funny to dislike him for it.
DNA wrote:It would be more interesting if he was from Makai instead of being just another Alien.
Even if he was from another planet, he was still a Mazoku/Demon. That's better than 'just' an alien at least.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 am

Character #94

<=King Vegeta=>

Likes: King of all Saiyajin. The first who decided to rebel against Freeza. Has two cool sons.

Dislikes: He got killed way too easy! He also send Tarble away, aww.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:36 am

Character #95

<=Crab=>

Likes: Total pro when it comes to rock paper scissors. He can also climb trees and ride turtles. He knows how to blow bubbles, making him a formidable opponent against rock type enemies.

Dislikes: Is easily startled.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:40 am

Character #96

<=Zarbon=>

Dislikes: His monster form.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:33 am

Character #97

Liang Xing Long
("Haze Shenron" in FUNimation's English dub)

Like: He look cool

Dislike: He was lame, weak, stupid all at the same time.

ssjcj
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjcj » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:08 am

Character #98
Dodoria

Like: He has a great banter with Vegeta before his defeat. He reveals how cruel Freeza can be.

Dislike: Pretty boring character design, kills Cargo in the anime and is very unintelligent.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 am

Character #99
Otokosuki

Like: ???
Dislikes: ...

:P

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:43 am

Character #100

<=Nappa=>
ImageImage

Dislikes: He died WAY too easily and quickly. He caused loads of trouble for everybody and then Vegeta just went boom.

How has this not been done yet?
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Kuhan wrote:Character #100
How has this not been done yet?
Isn't it Somehow Fitting that Ghost Nappa is #100 though?

Also...

Character #101

<=Kuriza=>

Dislikes: He's not his own Character in Budokai 2, only a Costume for Freeza

EDIT: Sorry, Musta Missed Paikuhan before
Last edited by DemonRin on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Paikuhan was already done... sorry.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Character #103

<=Baba=>

Like: She can travel between Earth and the Other World, and bring the dead ones, even if just for one day.

Dislike: She is a horrible singer.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Character # 104

Dende

Like- He's adorable! Sweet little boy, nice kid who has to see horrible things way too young but still comes out very well adjusted. He leaves home to take on a very difficult task at a dangerous time and does a good job at it despite his youth.

Dislike- Mh..... Nothing. There's really nothing I dislike about him except the fact that I can never figure out how to spell his name right and jump between like three different ones.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]