300 Characters and more!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:18 am

Character #123

<=Dabura=>

Like: His character design. He is the leader of the Demon Realm. Can turn people into stone.

Dislike: Was turned into a cookie.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 am

Character #124

Great Elder

Likes: He singlehandedly saved the Namek race from extinction, as well as creating Porunga. He was very kind and it was heartbreaking that his last days had to be amidst the genocide of his people. Oh, and his potential-unlock ability is awesome.

Dislikes: That he didn't tell Nail to go help sooner. Imagine, if you will, that after eating the taiyoken, Dodoria's site returns to see Nail. As Dodoria's corpse falls, Vegeta arrives and likely faces a similar fate. Alas, the second strongest guy on the planet before the Ginyu only gets to fight Freeza himself. All because he was stuck at home putting his dad on a bedpan.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:54 am

Character #125

Knock (sp?)
ノック

Likes: The master of foreshadowing nomenclature, Knock, whose real name is probably not Knox Audi-Sully, represents the youth of the time: bold, daring, and in rare cases taking one for the team.

Dislikes: His shirt, which alluded to popular metal band X JAPAN, sharply contrasts with his more punk-themed headband and hairstyle. This wardrobe dissidence actually suggests a sort of ignorance of youth culture on the manga-ka's part.
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Character #126

<=Olibu=>

Likes: Well, he seemed pretty cool. A human character that could fight with Goku is something special. He is an obvious "Hercules" type character, especially considering North Kaio says that he is what the legends are based on. He had a pretty decent fight with Paikuhan, and him and Paikuhan appear to have some kind of friendship.

Dislikes: After having a fairly impressive build up, doesn't do much. I mean I know he is filler but come on. I don't particularly like his character design all that much. Maybe a beard would have been good.
Last edited by omegacwa on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Character #127

<=Mijorin=>

Likes: I like his character design. He is apparently very strong. Fought off a group invaders on his planet.

Dislikes: Only appears in like 2 episodes. Doesn't fight at all. Doesn't talk. I don't have much else to say about him.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Character #128

<=Akkuman=>

Like: Demoniac appearence. Has a fork. His signature attack can blow your heart if you’re not pure.

Dislike: Appeared for a short time.

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Character #129

<= Porunga =>

Pros : Revives Kuririn when we were thinking it was hopeless. Annoys Freeza by speaking only Namek. And he's huge !!

Cons : Can't revive more than one person in the same time, but it is fixed later.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Character #130

<= Mummy-Ku~n=>

Likes: How many of these do we have in the series? Does the princess in the "OVA" count? Apparently doesn't care for light (what with fighting indoors and all). And beats Yamcha. That's always a sign of one's importance.

Dislikes: That's all. Effectively the least impressive of Baba's fighters. :(
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Character #131

<= Paresu =>

Dislikes: Her personality.

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Lime

Likes: Gohan's first love interest. She and her Grandfather hold fast in the face of the threat from Cell, confident that the Earth's Fighters will pull through in the end.

Dislikes: She's never seen again.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Character #133

Torbie

Likes: Pretty cool design, one of the strongest fighters in the after life.

Dislikes: Despite being on the tournament, was not seen fighting at all, all his wins were pure luck.

x_bulla_x

Post by x_bulla_x » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Character #134

Tapion

Like: Surprisingly interesting back-story for a movie character and he's the reason why there was so much character interaction in movie 13. Love his character design too.

Dislike: He never shows up again after the movie and he doesn't get to fight very much.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Character #135

Gatchan

Like: They can shoot rays from their antennae, and are always around Arale.

Dislike: I can’t understand anything they say. They only appear in 3 episodes and a brief appearence in DB Movie 3.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Damnit, mister yummy! It took me forever to dig out a pic of Lime. You're on notice!

Character #136

Bido

Likes: He has my favorite design out of Bojack's crew. Look at him. The damndest creature, is he not?

Dislikes: He, and every other member of Bojack's crew besides Gokua, was a cheap bastard. I applaud their tactics- divide and conquer, attack with superior numbers. It is just hard to watch potentially good fights with our heroes reduced to ki wire traps.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Character #137

<= Orin =>

Likes: Orange Appule~! And apparently might be alive after Namek's explosion, since Freeza killed him... though I wonder if that means he got sent to Neo Namek with the Namekians?

Dislikes: Lonely and forgotten. Subordicide victim...
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Character #138

<=Jinzouningen #19 =>

Likes: Well, he beat Goku...? And seemed both more robot-like and more ... I dunno, his FUNi voice is basically the FUNi Buu voice, except filtered (a few years ago, anyway...). And hey, energy absorbtion? When it was new? And effect--And Vegeta killed him. It. Broke. Thing.

Dislikes: Well, sure he bit the dust quickly, but... ur... he basically played the role of expendible henchman, despite being built up as the unstoppable villain of doo~oom... Eh, headroll. I don't even want to think about GT...

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Character #139

Minosha

Likes: He's like alien Young Link (to Tapion's alien Adult Link).

Dislikes: What's he on screen for, like 30 seconds?

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Character #140

<=Onio=>

Likes: The only Saiyan not put into anime form, but just his overall attitude of being the strongest in Neko Majin Z. Hilarity ensues from this guy in my opinion.

Dislikes: None that I can really say, except I wish we could see him animated.

(I hope he counts :? )
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 pm

Character #141

Tsuuno

Like- You don't really know him long enough to pick much up, I just like him purely as a Nameccian. He's the elder of the village Vegeta happens to drop into. It gets pretty ugly after that...

Dislike- Honest to god I've never seen this episode in Japanese so I'm pretty sure I missed out on the majority of it. Even so it would probably be hard for me to watch.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Character #142

Drum

Like- Meat Shield! Drum is a moron quite simply. He exists as a tank and gets his brains (quite literally) blown out in a hilarious moment of collateral damage.

Dislike- Complete lack of personality or reason to care about him.

And as far as my memory expands, I've now exhausted the last of the named Nameccian-type critters in the show. Muahha.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]