Never Ending Story - Where did the tracks come from?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Never Ending Story - Where did the tracks come from?

Post by Gouki » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:55 pm

I've had Never Ending Story for a few years, but I haven't been able to figure out where most of the tracks come from. Apart from the requisite Unmei no Hi, Aoi Kaze no Hope and a couple of others, I can't place any of them.

So. My question; where did they come from? Were half of them just created for the CD? Which ones were featured in the series or movies or anything?
... Maybe later.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:12 pm

The Never Ending Story set is like a mini-compilation of music from the various Hit Collection CDs (which were later compiled, in their entirety PLUS some by the four Complete Song Collection sets).

The majority of music you're referring to are what are called "Image Songs". They're not actually FROM the series; the closest equivalent I can give is the traditional "Music From and Inspired By..." note you'll see on some American movie soundtracks. They're songs in the same style and theme as the regular songs actually FROM the series, but were recorded specifically for CDs.

We note over on the "CD Sets" page which songs show up in the series/movies.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:03 pm

I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure, having not seen all the movies yet. I was kind of hoping to hear Cool Cool Dandy in one of them actually, but what can you do?
... Maybe later.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:51 am

Ah yes, "Cool Cool Dandy" is a great tune and a very fitting image song for Vegeta.^^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

spikemcruffy
Beyond Newbie

Post by spikemcruffy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:40 am

j
Last edited by spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:05 am

spikemcruffy wrote:Image Songs
They only do that with shows like One Piece , do they not?
Did dragonball ever get images songs released as singles like One Piece did?
Lots of anime have image songs. Hell, in Sailor Moon, the characters have several. Dragon Ball has a few as well like "Son Goku Songu"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:18 am

For DB/DBZ, "Image Songs" were never released as their own CD singles; they were often included as b-sides on OTHER CD singles (like movie ending themes, etc.). Since DBZ had that huge Hit Collection series, they were recorded for that set and b-sides, rather than their "own thing".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:03 am

I just love it how the songs on American movie soundtracks have absolutely nothing to do with the movie. At least the Hit Collections sound like they couldve been in the show/movies.