Episode #0200 (06 December 2009)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 pm

I always thought of Corey as that Bam Margera-looking Piccolo dude on his avatar [even though I know it's not him]. :lol:

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:And and I swear, from the distance Corey looked like Aragorn!! O.o
Yeah, it looked like he had long hair on the cam. :lol:
I too saw this, and was so sure you had hair down past your shoulders. o.O Yeah, just like that picture above, but with black hair. Crazy.

Great episode everyone, and great new music!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:38 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
*Snips Picture*

...I have no idea what you're talking about ;p

Sorry, had to.

-Corey
Well, you beat my friend...

Anyway back on track. Excellent podcast, if I had the money to fly up I would have loved to hang out for the celebration.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Blackmegaman

Am I the 2nd Dragonbox winner ?

Post by Blackmegaman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:13 am

I think I heard my name (Royce Murray) as the second winner for the dragonbox ...I just wanted to know do the winners get a conformation email or something like that ???
KA-ME-HA-ME-HADOKEN !!!!!!!!!!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Am I the 2nd Dragonbox winner ?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:38 am

Blackmegaman wrote:I think I heard my name (Royce Murray) as the second winner for the dragonbox ...I just wanted to know do the winners get a conformation email or something like that ???
Yeah, I'm just lazy. They're a-comin'.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 am

Interesting to hear a fellow dutch person's perspective (Bura).

Dragonball in the Netherlands was indeed insanely popular around the early 2000s. What kept me a fan of the series even after it died out, is that I started drawing the characters - got good at it - and KEPT drawing them, to this day.

Whenever people see me drawing nowadays, 9 out of 10 times they'll go "Hey, Dragonball! I remember that, that was awesome." :)
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 am

Hey, 200 episodes! That's a feat, I'd say...

We still have you beat by 35 episodes right now. :-)
Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast

Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

New recap, hell yeah! :)

Oh and, Congratulations Julian.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Congratulations on 200 episodes!

In terms of the community theme, I have no idea if there are any British DB sites but I can at least say that only two people I know had already heard of DBZ before I mentioned it to them, and one of them doesn't like it (but is basing that opinion on general internet trolling, having never watched it himself). I don't know if this is a general cultural thing about my country in general, or just that I've managed to have not made friends with any fellow geeks, but the vast majority of people I know didn't know what "anime" meant until I told them. Words like "Dragonball", "Super Saiyan" and other phrases pretty much everyone on the internet take for granted (like "hiding your power level") are totally unheard of to all the people I know, including friends of friends and friends' relatives, apart from the aforementioned two people.

Get into a conversation with a person you've just met, and bring up DBZ or even anime in general, and you may as well start talking about how you like stalking women home from work... Sad but true. Not because of anything that DBZ does wrong - that would imply they've heard it or seen it - no, it's just 'cause it's one of them weird Chinese cartoons! Anyway, that's why sites like this, particularly the forums and podcast, are such good things for people outside of North America, whether they be from an English-speaking country or they've learned English as a second language. I guess we British fans often have a natural link with the NA fans because we all get the US localisations of things; it's incredibly rare that anything localised in America gets relocalised for Britain afterwards. I'd imagine it'd be the same for Australia and New Zealand, but that's just a guess.

onedragonz

Right on!

Post by onedragonz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Thank you guys for reading and answering my question. (the first one) I really appreciate it. The topic was really cool. I just wanted to thank you for answering. Two more things congrats Julian and congrats on 200 episodes.
hey, what's up?

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 am

A swig of rum n' coke in salute. 8)

Congratulations on the 200th episode, and congratulations to Julian! Here's to another 200!
Last edited by Snail on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:36 am

Congratulations to Julian and congratulations to making it to episode 200! :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:07 am

Corey should be on the show more often, he's a lot different than I thought he'd be..... in a good way :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:05 am

I still can't listen to the podcast, so what's up with Julian?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 am

Herms wrote:I still can't listen to the podcast, so what's up with Julian?
He's getting married.

All y'all are getting married!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:47 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:He's getting married.
Wow, that's exciting. Congratulations to him then!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Herms wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote:He's getting married.
Wow, that's exciting. Congratulations to him then!
I'll be honest, when I heard him say it, my reaction was a very audible "WHAAAAAAAT? :shock: ".
Not that Julian seems unmarriable, or anything. There was just way less public information in the related fields than with Mike and Meri... :P ^_^

... In the past couple days, I think I had a Dragonball-related dream that involved Tara and Tyler in some capacity. I mean, I've had dreams involving the Daizex forums before, but ... none of them involved me having to smoothtalk my way out of getting murdered by Freeza...
I'm... pretty sure the kitties were because of Episode 200, here. :) :D Not that I recall in satisfactory detail what they were doing.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

NeverRamza
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeverRamza » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Congrats on 200. I've been listening regularly for a while now. I always enjoy listening to all the various takes on how the community has developed over the years.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Great discussion, people! I just heard it and would like to congratulate you all on the success of the podcast as well as thank you for all the great programs you have provided! Here's to 200 more! :) And congratulations to Julian on his engagement as well! Best of luck to all!

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 am

I dunno why but I always feel that the other Asian countries seem to be neglected in the daizex (or any other English-speaking anime) community. And that's just kinda sad.

P.S. Just for the record, Hong Kong is not littered with bootleg products as westerners seem to assume (all the time). In fact, bootleg DVD's are hard to find.in Hong Kong nowadays. I'd know since I was there just a couple of years ago. So stop blaming Hong Kong for the piracy. (I can't speak on behalf of China, though.)
The world is your's.