Toyble's AF Anime Project

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GenerationII
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Toyble's Af anime project

Post by GenerationII » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 am

What could you do with that? I have those programmes. Could you be our chief animator?

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 am

Here's an example of what you can do with those three programs, it's incomplete and contains a lot of traced footage, but it was just a test to see what I could do for my own animated series, Dragon Ball Untold Chapters

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3Q3WPXYU

GenerationII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GenerationII » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 am

It looks to me like you can animate. How'd you like the job of chief animator? If you NEED more info, feel free to PM me.

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:06 am

Big Momma wrote:
backthen wrote:
macho_man wrote:If the episodes will look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPFjs3H7KCE I'll be 100% satisfied!
Low standards eh?

That's actually pretty darn good for a fan animation.
I like this better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3o8n1yec2Y, but the first one is still nice.

Or...we could ask this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy79VrIHzHw

He looks like he knows what he's doing.
That last one is fantastic, with as much effort put into this from all parties involved, I don't understand settling for haphazard animation. I feel that would detract from everything else.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:20 am

Oooo, I get to choose the score, huh?

Does it have to be from DB/Z/GT? Or can I...uh...get some other scores in there, too?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

GenerationII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GenerationII » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

@ Big Momma: Well, I was hoping for original background music, and you DID edit that awesome version of Super Dragon Soul. I'm in the process of trying to get caejones on board for doing the score, and that would make YOU his supervisor. How's that sound?

@herms: Can you do voice acting? We could probably use voice actors.

@backthen: I'm not sure if we CAN do better

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 am

GenerationII, thanks for having added me as "researcher" in this fantastic project. I hope to help Scarz & DarkHawk5 (and all the staff) working side-by-side with them giving all the characters' designs they could need, cos' I've got them all. I'd like to be also a "beta-watcher" (^_^) like verto, if I'm not asking too... ;-)

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 am

Herms wrote:I'd be interested in helping out, but I don't really know what I could do that would be of service in a project like this.
I'm assuming the script would be adapted from the translation that you have had a big part in, so by default I'd imagine you and Tatsunoboshi Haroko would be credited.
If there are any places where the translation comes out awkward in spoken English, or if something winds up completely missed, your talents would probably be helpful.
Which I guess means I'm nominating Herms as script spot-checker/translation consultant, Heehee... :D :P :D

And I'm totally on board for helping with the music, assuming I'm good enough to pull it off... XD

Which somehow reminds me... what sort of Sound effects library do we have? I and a few others have uploaded some that we've collected ( http://planetseva.com/downloads.htm has a couple), and I think it's possible to come up with more from the PS2 games (*wonders where Team Four Star got theirs* ).
Of course, these would come after the animation has gotten in good enough a groove. Just liking preparedness, I guess. ^_^

[edit] Oopse, link fixed. [/edit]
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 am

caejones wrote: Which somehow reminds me... what sort of Sound effects library do we have? I and a few others have uploaded some that we've collected ( http://planetseva.com/downloads.htm has a couple), and I think it's possible to come up with more from the PS2 games (*wonders where Team Four Star got theirs* ).
I've been wondering the same thing for quite a while. I PMed Kaiser about this long ago and unfortunately never got and answer :(
Proud to be a S<3NE.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 am

GenerationII wrote:@ Big Momma: Well, I was hoping for original background music, and you DID edit that awesome version of Super Dragon Soul. I'm in the process of trying to get caejones on board for doing the score, and that would make YOU his supervisor. How's that sound?
Ooooo....cae's supervisor, eh? I think that'll work out just fine....*evil cackle* :twisted:
We're gonna have on HFIL of a good time, cae...

But seriously, that's cool. So he can just whip up whatever he wants and I'll decide where to put it?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm absolutely thrilled we have another artist on board. I won't be be free until after the 10th of April. I'm very busy with commissioned comics and am also helping out with KCC (Kids Comic Convention) here in NY. So please don't mind if I'm going a little slow with the character sheets.
darkhawk5 wrote:Here's an example of what you can do with those three programs, it's incomplete and contains a lot of traced footage, but it was just a test to see what I could do for my own animated series, Dragon Ball Untold Chapters

Nice darkhawk5! Quick question though, do you animate on the default 12 fps (frames per second) or 24 fps?

GenerationII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GenerationII » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 pm

desirecampbell -- Official Overseer - This job is to make sure that we dono't horribly screw somethng up... like leave out a scene

GenerationII -- Director - ThIs job is to be awesome and oversee the entire project and probably do the editing as well.

Scarz -- Chief Artist - This job is to draw in an awesome manner and do things like storyboarding and preliminary sketches. "Chief Artist" is direct supervisor of "Artist" and "Animator"

Big Momma -- Chief of Music and Score - This job is to edit and compose music until we have amazing mpusic in our anime. This includes beginning and ending themes and the score.
As time goes on, this job will also probably morph into Cheif of Music, Score, and Voice acting.

darkhawk5 -- Artist/Animator - This job is to do storyboarding and preliminary sketches. The secondary job is to take all of the storyboards and sketches and put them together in an animation flurry of fury. The you send them all in to Scarz for review.

macho_man -- Research - This job is to find any references needed by anyone else and provided. Also, if anybody's not sure of something, this is the perons to go to.

verto -- Official Fan - This job is simple, you get to see it before anyone outside of the team, then you tell us what you think, then you tell everyone else about it's awesomeness so they will be anticipative, then we get a lot of views.

Herms -- Script Reviewer/Writer? - This job is to read the already written script and proof it for any mistakes of any kind. This job may also involve WRITING the script.

caejones -- Music and Score - This job is to compose the score of the anime (that's the background music) and send them in to Big Momma for review and placement. If you had a special part in an episode in mind for a particular song, tell Big Momma.

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 pm

I know I'm a bit late for this but if you need any more help on music I can pitch in.
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm

UristtheGreat wrote:I know I'm a bit late for this but if you need any more help on music I can pitch in.
In what way? XD I get the feeling involving another person would be ultimately more helpful (though it's up to Generation2, of course. ^_^ ).
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Awesome! It's all just perfect, thanks GenerationII!

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 pm

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to this, and my job sounds amazing, thanks for letting me on the team.
Proud to be a S<3NE.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this, too! :D

darkhawk5 wrote:Here's an example of what you can do with those three programs, it's incomplete and contains a lot of traced footage, but it was just a test to see what I could do for my own animated series, Dragon Ball Untold Chapters

What program did you use for that? That looks AMAZING!

GenerationII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GenerationII » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

@Everyone: You're welcome, You're welcome, You're welcome.

@Uristhegreat: You need to tell me exactly what you can do. Post something, or something. Then, and only then will I tell you if you're in. But, you mostly likely are in.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm

This project is actually going somewhere!

I can't wait!

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Big Momma wrote:Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this, too! :D

What program did you use for that? That looks AMAZING!
I used Manga Studio EX, Adobe Photoshop, and Sony Vegas