Dragon Ball Densetsu

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Densetsu

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:35 pm

Anyone else think the song "Dragon Ball Densetsu", I think that's the right name, though I'm not sure (the one that starts out with "DRAGON BALL...DRAGON BALL...DRAGON BALL...I'VE GOT IT!), completely rocks? It's got one of the best hooks I've ever heard, a cheesy, but fun guitar solo, a badass syth, and most of all...energy (especially on the vocals). I love "Head Cha-La", but this song blows it out of the water.

I recently stumbled upon it while downloading some music (though I plan on buying the CD of DB music) and remember this song being played on an episode early in the Dragon Ball series. Does anyone know which episode that is specifically? I don't have my episodes on me where I'm currently living. I want to say it's after the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai, when Goku sets out to find the 4-Star Ball.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:02 pm

It plays in episodes 030, 033, 035, 076, and it's the ending theme for DB Movie 3.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:25 pm

Wow, I had no idea it was so played so often. Or couldn't remember it being played that often, anyways.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:33 pm

It's taken out of the dub for the first of those three, isn't it? Has it been left in episode 76?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:37 pm

It's almost as if I was making sections that would be useful for these types of questions.

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~vegex/mult ... directory/

Oh, wait. I am ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:42 pm

*sigh*

I can't believe I did that twice now. :oops: :oops:

Oh well, I probably would have started the thread anyways just to let everyone know how badass I think it is. 8)

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:50 pm

I've never heard it...the only DB intro I know is FUNimations really old intro from the first season of DB, all those years ago before I ever heard of DBZ. You gotta admit, that was one of the catchiest tunes they ever made.

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:54 pm

Yes, it was very catchy. So was "Rock the Dragon", which I actually like, though it is a misrepresentation of the original series.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:36 pm

SonGohan-san wrote:*sigh*

I can't believe I did that twice now. :oops: :oops:

Oh well, I probably would have started the thread anyways just to let everyone know how badass I think it is. 8)
It's not like the section's live yet, so you couldn't have known :P. Still gotta do a couple pictures for it (and then split it up among three pages) before it's ready.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:51 pm

Oh ok. I thought I was going crazy because I'm pretty sure I've visited every section of the site. Anyways, looks great as far as what I can tell.
That section will definitely prove useful in deciding which DB music complication to go after.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:12 pm

Wow... you must have more incomplete sections than complete. Seriously, this makes like what? 1005? Give or take a thousand?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:33 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Wow... you must have more incomplete sections than complete. Seriously, this makes like what? 1005? Give or take a thousand?
Yeah. It's really sad. Actually, that "Music Directory" is essentially finished (and has been for months), except for those couple missing pictures. Once those are in, it'll go up (and I forget why they're NOT there... are those episodes not out on DVD, yet?)

But yeah. Lots of stuff in the works. They're slowly coming out, though (as seen by the "Animation" gallery).

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:57 pm

I know the Wolf Hurricane episode isn't out on DVD yet. Wasn't there a missing DBGT insert song, too? I'd have no idea what episode it is, but most of the series is done now.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:54 pm

Isn't it "Nichiyobi" by DEEN?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:28 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Isn't it "Nichiyobi" by DEEN?
That's the thing; we have no idea what episode it's in, and if it's actually IN that episode! For all I know, I'm just confusing what I've heard in the past. Does anyone know if it's actually IN the show, and if so, what episode... ?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:12 am

No, I can't recall I'm afraid. I might be mistaken too. It might just be an image song. But it's odd that they'd just have one image song for the whole series, also considering the fact that compared to DBZ, and even DB, there is was very little music done for GT. :?