Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue May 04, 2010 4:29 am

Xyex wrote: Well, he didn't really bounce, but Oozaru Goku did step on a roof. I dunno why they never ruled him out of bounds. Sure, he still had one foot in the ring, but the other was in the pavilion. :lol:
Ah, I remember that :lol: . Actually I`ve wondered about that myself. I think its just a plothole. For a in universe answer I guess we could say that the referee was too freaked out about Goku`s transformation and the destruction to notice his foot.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue May 04, 2010 9:33 am

rereboy wrote:
Xyex wrote: Well, he didn't really bounce, but Oozaru Goku did step on a roof. I dunno why they never ruled him out of bounds. Sure, he still had one foot in the ring, but the other was in the pavilion. :lol:
Ah, I remember that :lol: . Actually I`ve wondered about that myself. I think its just a plothole. For a in universe answer I guess we could say that the referee was too freaked out about Goku`s transformation and the destruction to notice his foot.
Yeah, he did have to be reminded to count. On several occasions. It's quite possible everyone simply overlooked it. Or maybe he thought it was an ill advised idea to upset the giant monkey with something as trivial as a ring out? :lol:

Of course, the tournament was far more lax in those days than later on. People running out into the ring to congratulate each other between matches, Krillin and Roshi stopping their fight to give everyone an instant replay, stripping and thrown underwear being used as tactics, etc. :lol:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 pm

This is it...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Oh snap, what might this mean...?!
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed May 05, 2010 2:10 pm

If Broly remains unhurt from this, I will choke somebody.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Wed May 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Ok this is definitely new. Final Dragon Flash. This.....this has to be the end of Broly. If there is a even a slight chance he survives this then Broly > God
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

jackrs113

Post by jackrs113 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Final flash + Dragon fist?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed May 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Zionist wrote:Ok this is definitely new. Final Dragon Flash. This.....this has to be the end of Broly. If there is a even a slight chance he survives this then Broly > God
Considering that god is teenage green dude, but not a mutant, ninja, or turtle.... :P

Also, unless this attack has some sort of psychological shock factor, it ain't doing nothing to Broly.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 pm

jackrs113 wrote:Final flash + Dragon fist?
Hope not! Cause if they use Dragon Fist on this I surely will lose all respect I have for the team. (which, believe me, was far bigger before this chapter began)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed May 05, 2010 3:20 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Hope not! Cause if they use Dragon Fist on this I surely will lose all respect I have for the team. (which, believe me, was far bigger before this chapter began)
Why? What's wrong with using the Dragon Fist? They already have movie villains in DBM so we know (some) movies happened.
<Xyex> Good point.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm

I want to see a realistically drawn Chatku and friends in the background for at least one panel. I'm just saying.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed May 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Xyex wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:
Why? What's wrong with using the Dragon Fist? They already have movie villains in DBM so we know (some) movies happened.
Dragon Fist is just the lamest filler attack ever. It is even lamer than Big Bang-Kamehameha. And the fact Tapion is on the manga doesn't mean nothing cause they completely changed Broly's first encounter. They don't have to take Dragon Fist as canon (to their manga).

I'm saying this right here. If "dragon" on the attack's name has something to do with Dragon Fist (which means the attack is, again, a combination of two techniques) I will stop reading DBM.
Sprite Satan wrote:I want to see a realistically drawn Chatku and friends in the background for at least one panel. I'm just saying.
Chatku is a living-action character. Putting on a manga is pointless cause he would look just like Goku, since he is Goku in real life.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed May 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:I want to see a realistically drawn Chatku and friends in the background for at least one panel. I'm just saying.
That... Would actually be hilarious. :lol:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed May 05, 2010 4:04 pm

I loved Dragon Fist :?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
I'm saying this right here. If "dragon" on the attack's name has something to do with Dragon Fist (which means the attack is, again, a combination of two techniques) I will stop reading DBM.
Overreact much?

That being said, I would also prefer that the name was "final kamehameha".

But, of course I wouldn`t stop reading DBM if the "dragon" is taken from the "dragon fist", especially since the "dragon fist" attack only sucks because its actually "toei fist", or, in other words, its an attack that works when it really shouldn`t work and on opponents stronger than the user (which isn`t the case here).

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed May 05, 2010 4:15 pm

rereboy wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:
Overreact much?
Not at all. I have been disliking pretty much the later half of previous chapter and pretty much this entire chapter. There is no reason to continue reading something that doesn't appeal me anymore. The Dragon Fist is only going to make the glass overflow.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:The Dragon Fist is only going to make the glass overflow.
But... why?

Like I stated, the dragon fist or toei fist only sucks because it defeated opponents it had no right to defeat. It was too overpowered in those moments and it made no sense.

But, used correctly, with logic and without being overpowered, it actually is a pretty awesome attack. For example, if used against an opponent that could be defeated by a full powered Kamehameha, then it suddenly doesn`t suck and its just a good addition of possible big attacks.

And, if you are having problems with the fact that its not canon, I`m pretty sure that the attack was based on a canon attack, namely the attack Goku used to defeat Piccolo Daimao and go through him. The dragon fist is simply an improved or different version of that attack with the Dragon image instead of the Oozaru image in which the user focuses (all) his ki into his fist to make the punch much more deadlier. The attacks are too similar for it to be a coincidence.
And so, if Goku was able to use that attack against Piccolo Daimao, there is nothing to suggest that he couldn`t use it as an adult or even a slightly different version of it (dragon fist).

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed May 05, 2010 5:04 pm

rereboy wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:The Dragon Fist is only going to make the glass overflow.
But... why?
Cause it is lame! Why would a freaking golden dragon appear behind Goku in such attack? Did Goku ate the Dragonballs? Did he created Shenlong? No! In GT, against the 3-star Dragon, it is used properly (according to you since he killed an opponent weaker than him) but it is freaking lame. It doesn't make any sense just like everything in fillers.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 05, 2010 5:22 pm

So your problem with it is that the dragon appears. If the dragon didn`t appear it would be perfectly acceptable.

That makes no sense to me, but ok :mrgreen:

To me the dragon is just an indication of the technique, so that we know that the attack is different from a normal punch. If the dragon or something else didn`t exist, we wouldn`t understand that the punch was different from an "ordinary" punch and the blow would feel pretty empty for a BIG attack/technique.

In short, to me, this is what it comes down to:
To me there is nothing wrong with the idea of a technique that infuses the fist with all or most of the fighter`s ki to dramatically increase the power that the punch will dispatch instead of just firing the ki kamehameha style.
As long as that idea is well executed, without it being overpowered it makes perfect sense (like against Piccolo Daimao).
As for the representation of the technique its all secondary. As I said, it only exists to look cool and tell us that the technique is different from a normal punch. It makes just as much sense for a Dragon to appear as it made sense for a wolf to appear when Yamcha used the Wolf Fang Fist. What, Yamcha ate a wolf? He is a werewolf? He attacks like a wolf? Its basically the exact same concept.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed May 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Well it's not really the same thing... because in this case the dragon is actually physical, whereas in those cases it was just a projected image. Don't take me wrong, I do like the attack, I think it's awesome, and I also think that, in the midst of all the unbelievable crap that appears in Dragon Ball, raging because of that attack is a bit too much really... You could argue that Piccolo couldn't turn giant or Goku couldn't turn SS4 because of magic pants.