Pure Garbage

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Pure Garbage

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Why the hell don't eBay stop auctions like this, I hate to see this pirate get away with all that booty! :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1&tc=photo

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:34 pm

Who the fuck is actually dumb enough to bid on stuff like this?

Oh. These people.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:56 pm

And surprisingly enough he has a 100% feedback record. Which I hope ends when this auction is over.

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:36 pm

That's an absurd amount of money to pay for any kind of video game, legit or not. As already mentioned, I'm surprised that eBay is permitting something like this to go forth, but there is a way to report items like this, is there not?
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Heritic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Heritic » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:37 pm

I can't believe people even bidded on that. What's worse is that it's up to $100. It makes me sick how people can get away with this kind of crap.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:55 pm

OMG I wanna play as The Legend Power Saiya-jin!!!!!

Dude. It's MUGEN. The dude threw some shit together and now he's making a huge profit.

Only in America.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:56 pm

I laugh at you for being offended by this, but i laugh harder at those stupid enough to bid on it.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:04 pm

Mattias wrote:there is a way to report items like this, is there not?
Yup, go to http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/una ... opies.html and click the Report link at the bottom.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:15 pm

If it were for download... yeah, I'd get it. But to pay that much... that's bonkers.

The Legend Power Saiya-Jin? o_O
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:05 pm

I wanna play this for shit and giggles myself, but $100 though, that's crazy. This shit is dollar store material.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:48 pm

I pity the fool who bids on those items. 8) But remember, there's tons of more crap all over eBay...I've seen people sell air guitars, imaginary friends, and even "nothing" (literally).
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:20 am

omg i wanna pley dis game it cool

>_<

ruffriles19
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ruffriles19 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:54 am

Hm, I used to screw around with MUGEN a few years back, but there was just way too much effort in getting it set up, and putting your characters, stages, music in etc. It might be a nice little diversion to have a pre-loaded MUGEN set like this one, but only for free download. Although it must have taken someone a long time to set up a DB MUGEN this extensive, charging money like this is criminal. However, you have to think...
"A fool and his money are soon parted." I've got no sympathy for the purchaser.
Last edited by ruffriles19 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sho™
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sho™ » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:28 am

I wonder if this 't-cappelan' person, might find a poorly handwritten note saying something along the lines of: "HAHA You suckas' got SERVED!111!!"

This AF thing is all Mike and Julian's fault I might add. :P

Unbelievable.
[i]"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time..."[/i]
[| [url=http://rpg.naget.com]Ganadu'r - The Eternal Saga[/url] |]

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:57 am

A MUGEN game for sale? :?
I saw a MUGEN game on eBay a long time ago. I don't remember how it was doing, bid-wise, but just the fact that it was on there...geez. You're not supposed to sell those things (I don't think so anyway...not sure if the MUGEN creators allow selling of the program). The guy probably didn't even at least make the characters and stuff himself.
I used to play around with MUGEN, but it was way too complicated for me. I hated the text file editing. I use Game Maker now.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:45 am

OMFG!!! A DBZGTAF GAME??? the L33T!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:26 am

And the winner is.... (drum roll)... t_capellan for $106.27!!

Congrats dude, you're a dumb ass!! Jack Valencia, you're a genious!!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:47 am

Aye, the guy just made big bucks for probably little work. I'd had a nice, balanced, and well made MUGEN game (DBZGT VS Street Fighter) with over 200 characters. Took me more time to download them than it did to tweak them to make it balanced.

Oh, and ya, if Elecbyte still existed (they don't seem to) he'd be getting his ass sued. The program says it's not for selling unless you pay them for a liscnese first (unless this guy did that...)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Super Saiya-jin Sujin

Post by Super Saiya-jin Sujin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:16 am

Yeesh, what is it with this guy and colors? O.o

I feel sorry for the fool who won that auction, I mean $100? That's friggin' insane...

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:26 am

I once saw a completely different MUGEN game by a different guy on eBay called "DBZGT", that boasted it had a lot of Dragon Ball characters (including, according to screenshots, Super Saiyan 4 Broly and Super Saiyan Raditz), but by looking at the select screen, you could also see Sonic, Knuckles, Mario, Donkey Kong, Fulgore, Sub-Zero, Batman, and a buttload of other characters who don't belong in the DB universe, canon or not.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!