Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dayspring » Thu May 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Maphisto86 wrote:
Bussani wrote:
Herms/Daizenshuu wrote:Kiai Eyes
First Appearance: Chapter 463
Category: ki manipulation
People: Kaioshin, Majin Buu (good)
Special Characteristics: A technique where you blow away your opponent by glaring at them sharply. An invisible attack, it is capable of taking the enemy by surprise. After being hit with this technique by Kaioshin, Majin Buu (good) instantly mastered it, and unleashed it in imitation of Kaioshin.
I find it interesting that it doesn't mention Goku using it to dig Vegeta's grave, but yeah. This is what Vegetto did.
Oh right! I totally forgot about this technique, which is similar to other telepathic abilities. We see telepathy often throughout Dragonball but it is something that takes a back seat to other ki abilities such as energy beams or flying (although the latter is similar).
I don't think it was this technique, though. Kid Boo was killed by a Genkidama, while this Boo is saying only one technique can kill him. Also, Boo's right: this Vegetto is too drained to be a threat to Boo, but that wouldn't matter in regards to making Genkidamas. I think Vegetto chucked a mini-genkidama at him.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Dayspring wrote:I don't think it was this technique, though. Kid Boo was killed by a Genkidama, while this Boo is saying only one technique can kill him. Also, Boo's right: this Vegetto is too drained to be a threat to Boo, but that wouldn't matter in regards to making Genkidamas. I think Vegetto chucked a mini-genkidama at him.
Vegetto also showed Buu that he could destroy him with just a kiai shout when he was trying to get absorbed by him in the Buu saga (demonstrating on his antenna, which had been cut off). I assumed that was the method Buu was talking about here.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri May 28, 2010 5:52 am

Bussani wrote: Vegetto also showed Buu that he could destroy him with just a kiai shout when he was trying to get absorbed by him in the Buu saga (demonstrating on his antenna, which had been cut off). I assumed that was the method Buu was talking about here.
Exactly.

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Fri May 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Here we go.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri May 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Bra looks like a man with A-cups.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 28, 2010 2:04 pm

And the stage is set!! A new sort of battle is before us!!

And, of course, by "before us" I mean probably going to happen much later on. :oops:

Very neat ability, Majin Boo.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Bussani wrote:
Dayspring wrote:I don't think it was this technique, though. Kid Boo was killed by a Genkidama, while this Boo is saying only one technique can kill him. Also, Boo's right: this Vegetto is too drained to be a threat to Boo, but that wouldn't matter in regards to making Genkidamas. I think Vegetto chucked a mini-genkidama at him.
Vegetto also showed Buu that he could destroy him with just a kiai shout when he was trying to get absorbed by him in the Buu saga (demonstrating on his antenna, which had been cut off). I assumed that was the method Buu was talking about here.
Aah, good point! I guess that means this Boo's found a way to neutralize the genkidama, then. O_O

And yay for Bra knowing Shunkan Ido, but boo for making Bra stupid.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Dayspring wrote:And yay for Bra knowing Shunkan Ido, but boo for making Bra stupid.
How is Bra stupid?

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri May 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Dayspring wrote:Aah, good point! I guess that means this Boo's found a way to neutralize the genkidama, then. O_O
Buu wasn't referring to the Genkidama in the previous post.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Ugh, don't tell me the final villian is a Broly absorbed Buu. :roll: Besides you might say something ridiculous if you combine their names. :wink: In all seriousness I half expected I'k'l's unborn monster baby to be a good candidate as he (?) is an original and still mysterious character. On another note, I don't quite understand why Bra cannot find Vegetto, Broly or Buu as they are all quite powerful and in close proximity to one another. Maybe she just never used it before. :|
Scarz wrote:Bra looks like a man with A-cups.
:lol: And there goes the sex appeal. :lol:

jackrs113

Post by jackrs113 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Scarz wrote:Bra looks like a man with A-cups.
It should be a requirement that all anime chicks have "Bangin' DD's"
ecookies to anyone who knows the reference

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri May 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Maphisto86 wrote:Ugh, don't tell me the final villian is a Broly absorbed Buu. :roll:
He isn't. It will probably be the fighter from universe 5, which name is going to be revealed soon.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Maphisto86 wrote:Ugh, don't tell me the final villian is a Broly absorbed Buu. :roll:
He isn't. It will probably be the fighter from universe 5, which name is going to be revealed soon.
Thanks for the head's up. *phew* Still going to have to stomach another Brolyesque chapter but I do like the artist who's doing it.
jackrs113 wrote:It should be a requirement that all anime chicks have "Bangin' DD's"
ecookies to anyone who knows the reference
:shock: .... :twisted: Um, yes. :wink:
Obviously ignorant of the reference to which you refer.

On the issue of Bra not sensing Vegetto, Buu or Broly's location am I missing something?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri May 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Dayspring wrote:Aah, good point! I guess that means this Boo's found a way to neutralize the genkidama, then. O_O
This Buu has never witnessed the Genki Dama. He doesn't know it can destroy him.
Scarz wrote:
Dayspring wrote:And yay for Bra knowing Shunkan Ido, but boo for making Bra stupid.
How is Bra stupid?
Probably because she didn't know which direction to look for Vegetto in.
Maphisto86 wrote:On another note, I don't quite understand why Bra cannot find Vegetto, Broly or Buu as they are all quite powerful and in close proximity to one another. Maybe she just never used it before. :|
They're a LONG way away from the stadium, and getting further and further every second. Just because Jupiter's fucking huge doesn't mean you can look up at the sky and instantly spot it.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Xyex wrote:
Maphisto86 wrote:On another note, I don't quite understand why Bra cannot find Vegetto, Broly or Buu as they are all quite powerful and in close proximity to one another. Maybe she just never used it before. :|
They're a LONG way away from the stadium, and getting further and further every second. Just because Jupiter's fucking huge doesn't mean you can look up at the sky and instantly spot it.
Wow, I never thought I would be involved in discussions about general relativity on these particular forums but here we are! :D

Actually Xyex that does make perfect sense seeing as they are in space. I was under the impression though that if Son Goku could use the technique to transport himself to the afterlife then Bra should not have any trouble homing in on three (or at least two) gigantic sources of ki. So I am guessing she is inexperienced with the technique and cannot sense energy as well as her father can.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri May 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Well, Goku had an idea of where to look for King Kai. Bra wasn't sure where Vegetto had gone, so she was just looking everywhere. It's like an Easter Egg hunt using a football field. Goku knew that King Kai was on the 50 yard line, so he only had to search the length of the line. Bra's got to scour the entire field for her egg.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri May 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Xyex wrote:Well, Goku had an idea of where to look for King Kai. Bra wasn't sure where Vegetto had gone, so she was just looking everywhere. It's like an Easter Egg hunt using a football field. Goku knew that King Kai was on the 50 yard line, so he only had to search the length of the line. Bra's got to scour the entire field for her egg.
Except these "eggs" are enormous. Imagine plane eggs if planes were birds, I always like to imagine that... and plane poop too.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri May 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Xyex wrote:
This Buu has never witnessed the Genki Dama. He doesn't know it can destroy him.
That's what I was going to say.

All the tiny Buu heads made me laugh.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri May 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Finally, someone esle knows Instant Movement.

But anyways, this should be an interesting fight.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:18 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Finally, someone esle knows Instant Movement.

But anyways, this should be an interesting fight.
Well Cell and both Fat and Kid Buu found out about it in the series and this Super Buu showed it earlier in the doujinshi. I guess you mean someone we never considered before. This version of Bra is pretty awesome. 8)
Xyex wrote:Well, Goku had an idea of where to look for King Kai. Bra wasn't sure where Vegetto had gone, so she was just looking everywhere. It's like an Easter Egg hunt using a football field. Goku knew that King Kai was on the 50 yard line, so he only had to search the length of the line. Bra's got to scour the entire field for her egg.
Very good analogy actually and while I am sort of in the same frame of mind as DNA, I think you have a point as wherever Broly was blasted too must be pretty far away. Still this is an entire universe with supposedly no life that calls it home so the ki of three powerful warrors should probably stick out like a sore thumb unless the presence of everyone else in the stadium complex is ruining Bra's "reception". Blegh, I am thinking too hard about this . . . on with the show! :)