DragonBall Z: Sagas

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:11 pm

Hey! That's wierd. Most games do have a digging boss.
It's also wierd that they made it Ginyu for Sagas.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:07 pm

This could have been because Ginyu went underground in his battle with Goku. But to turn him into a digging boss....

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:18 pm

It's obvious, in another life Ginyu was a mole. It just took a small company with limited resources, and knowledge of the dub to teach us this!
[Sarcasm.]

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:47 pm

Well, in the anime (dunno about the manga, don't have this volume) Ginyu generally tried to use terrain to his advantage. He went underground this one time to surprise Goku, and later after going underwater (supposedly because of a "nervous breakdown") he came back with a boulder to fling at his enemy. But to make him an entirely digger boss... To make ANYONE in a DBZ game a digger boss... Is just stupid.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:46 pm

Well, in the anime (dunno about the manga, don't have this volume) Ginyu generally tried to use terrain to his advantage. He went underground this one time to surprise Goku, and later after going underwater (supposedly because of a "nervous breakdown") he came back with a boulder to fling at his enemy. But to make him an entirely digger boss... To make ANYONE in a DBZ game a digger boss... Is just stupid.
Ginyu never goes sub-terrainian at al in the manga. he just sorta beats on Goku, gets beat up, then switches bodies and that's it (except for the whole frog thing :p)
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Captured from actual DragonBall Z: Sagas gameplay this afternoon. If you already didn't have a billion reasons never to play this game, here's another one... staring everyone's favorite Saiya-jin prince.

http://www.daizex.com/misc_stuff/sagas_fun_xvid.avi
(XviD, 1200 kbps, ~1.8 MB)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sun May 01, 2005 10:36 pm

Heheh... Laughed my ass off. For some strange reason, it takes me back to season 1.
Soldier: "Now, keep your eyes on the birdie!"
Vegeta: "Darn it! He's faster than... the speed of light!"
Well, I would suffer a mental breakdown too if I were locked in such a game.

To be fair though, almost every title has its share of glitches like that, I don't think it's a good way of measuring the sames quality. Budokai 3 had a few, I think (and there was an EU version that was even more bugged).
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Tue May 03, 2005 7:03 pm

Sure, every game has glitches, but this game is the king of glitchheaven:

-When fighting Jeice, Bruter attacked me. that wasn't so bad except that Burter was stuck on my arm for the rest of the fight.
-The game doesn't offer enough coins to buy everything
-When fighting Frieza, Frieza just dissapeared and didn't came back
-My Trunks became invisible while teleporting

Furthermore, it gives you some weird options. As most of you know, it has a Pendulum room where you can play any level as any character. I decided to play the final level (the battle with Cell) as our favourite pickle, Piccolo. What were my targets?

-Attain SSJ2 state
-Destroy Cell

I decided to give it a try and hit Cell with everything I got but unless you're Gohan, you can't beat Cell. Why did they leave the option in to try it as someone else?

When fighting 17 with Pickle-O, you can attain Super Namek state according to the bar below your icon. To fill the bar however, you must have beaten 17 completely AKA you can't become a Super Namek.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 03, 2005 7:18 pm

To add to it...

Uhh... the game crashes on me for no reason. Yay?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue May 03, 2005 7:40 pm

When a game is ambitious and has a vast explorable world like say, Morrowind, I can forgive most bugs because I realize the scope of the project.

But yeah when it's basically a color inside the lines deal like this game is, I'd expect a fairly bug free experience.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue May 03, 2005 10:31 pm

Tips & Tricks mentions defeating Cell in the final battle with Broly. Is that feasable, if you can't do it with Piccolo?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue May 03, 2005 11:43 pm

The more I hear about how bad this game is... the more I want it. XD It sounds like a blast to play and make fun of.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed May 04, 2005 1:38 am

Xyex wrote:It sounds like a blast to play and make fun of.
You'd be surprised. First of all, it isn't fun; it's physically taxing, as well as agrivating. On top of this, making fun of it isn't really very fun either, yes the first time is interesting enough, but its difficult to 'make fun' when you're attempting to be serious on just how bad it is, because of how bad it is.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu May 05, 2005 9:43 am

I was pretty much turned off from this game by the time I saw all the bad reviews. But now when I hear about all these bugs...that's just ridiculous. I can't believe commercial games would leave a bunch of bugs in them.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri May 13, 2005 6:03 am

The only reason why someone should buy this, is for Mirai Gohan. He is, to my knowledge, in no other DBZ game to date. Also I found my sole purpose for defeating the "Play Sagas" story-mode; unlocking the 30 minute OGA (original gaming animation, my own title), and then you have a little something worth taping. I beat this game within dusk and dawn, as for selectable characters in Pendulam Room, here's what you get;

Goku: The Arrivial
Goku: Saiyans Duel
Goku: Ascended
Goku: RIT Armor
Goku: Cell Games
Vegeta: Saiyan Elite
Vegeta: RIT Armor
Vegeta: RIT Armor Varient
Kid Gohan
Kid Gohan: RIT Armor
Teen Gohan: RIT Armor Varient
Teen Gohan: Namekian Uniform
Teen Gohan: Cell Games
Adult Gohan
Adult Gohan: One Arm
Piccolo
Piccolo with Cape
Trunks: No Jacket
Trunks: Dark Jacket
Trunks: RIT Armor
Trunks: RIT Armor Varient
Teen Trunks
Trunks: Light Jacket
Broly
Bardock
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien.
14 years later

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat May 14, 2005 11:21 am

Chuquita wrote:While I do like being able to run around and jump, I'd rather be able to just avoid the Saibamen instead of being forced to fight them.
Uh, they only used the cut version from the Saiyan/Namek and Cell Games sagas. Everything else was from the uncut version (notice Gohan's blood in the Captain Ginyu saga?). Also, the History of Trunks special"was the uncut version, seeing as I don't remember toonami showing Trunks lift Gohans slit-up head in his arms.
14 years later

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat May 14, 2005 11:44 am

Leotaku wrote:I was pretty much turned off from this game by the time I saw all the bad reviews. But now when I hear about all these bugs...that's just ridiculous. I can't believe commercial games would leave a bunch of bugs in them.
Licensed games often get rushed out the door buggy, because the company buying the license often accepts ridiculous stipulations such as a specific time frame in which the game will be released or they lose the license.

Or often times the company simply does not care about releasing a good product and simply wants to cash-in.

Sagas is bad yeah, but it's not even the most buggy licensed game released this year (WrestleMania 21)