Dragon Box 3 discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pjay
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Box 3 discussion

Post by pjay » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:17 pm

[/quote]
Yeah I still have all the DVDs, they were my pride and joy untill like 2 months ago when I decided that since I had imported joey season 2 and nothing went wrong I'd try my luck importing dragonball. But I still have all my tv recordings, I'm just trying to get the openings on official dvds, which I've managed to track down the third opening now, still need the first 2.[/quote]
:shock: Just wondering, are there are any rare CNX/Toonami promos or anything like that on there?
Would be awesome if you could upload them to YouTube if there were[/quote]

The "Extra" DVD's would most likely just the Japanese extra's of the Region 2 version, if anything. If I remember correctly the only thing that would be in English at all on those Region 2 sets would be an English clip from the Frezza Saga (Funimation dub) showing how Dragon Ball Z was presented around the world with the dubs from different countries.

P.S. sorry for the double post don't know how that happened?

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm

pjay wrote:
Yeah I still have all the DVDs, they were my pride and joy untill like 2 months ago when I decided that since I had imported joey season 2 and nothing went wrong I'd try my luck importing dragonball. But I still have all my tv recordings, I'm just trying to get the openings on official dvds, which I've managed to track down the third opening now, still need the first 2.
:shock: Just wondering, are there are any rare CNX/Toonami promos or anything like that on there?
Would be awesome if you could upload them to YouTube if there were
The "Extra" DVD's would most likely just the Japanese extra's of the Region 2 version, if anything. If I remember correctly the only thing that would be in English at all on those Region 2 sets would be an English clip from the Frezza Saga (Funimation dub) showing how Dragon Ball Z was presented around the world with the dubs from different countries.
Sorry, we were going on about something completely different, we'll stop now since I opened a new thread

DMaarten

Post by DMaarten » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 am

Why again is there no region 2 release for the dragonboxes? WIll there ever be one?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 am

DMaarten wrote:Why again is there no region 2 release for the dragonboxes? WIll there ever be one?
Once FUNimation release a home release with a specific Region Code, it will stay like that until it's over.

DMaarten

Post by DMaarten » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:13 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
DMaarten wrote:Why again is there no region 2 release for the dragonboxes? WIll there ever be one?
Once FUNimation release a home release with a specific Region Code, it will stay like that until it's over.
soo... there is absolutely no chance for a region 2 release ever?

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 am

DMaarten wrote:
In the UK?
I highly doubt it, Manga UK (The Distributor FUNi uses for UK releases) doesn't see it profitable enough, because Toei are asking a lot for it.

Dragon Ball Z Kai might be released, since there's less episodes, so it would cost less to license the whole series

DMaarten

Post by DMaarten » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am

So Toei doesn't think that the UK, europe and australia are an big enough market? Sucks, there are lots of DB/DBZ fans here :)

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:59 am

DMaarten wrote:So Toei doesn't think that the UK, europe and australia are an big enough market? Sucks, there are lots of DB/DBZ fans here :)
I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get a release after the US finishes releasing the Dragon Box Z sets.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:00 am

DMaarten wrote:So Toei doesn't think that the UK, europe and australia are an big enough market? Sucks, there are lots of DB/DBZ fans here :)
I don't think Toei would be the one deciding that. They name a price and it's up to the local Dragon Ball licensee to decide whether it's worth it to license and release the Dragon Box footage. I don't know who owns the Dragon Ball rights in the UK (AB Groupe?), but in Australia it'd be up to Madman to release it.

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Greenman wrote:
I don't think Toei would be the one deciding that. They name a price and it's up to the local Dragon Ball licensee to decide whether it's worth it to license and release the Dragon Box footage. I don't know who owns the Dragon Ball rights in the UK (AB Groupe?), but in Australia it'd be up to Madman to release it.
Nope, according to Manga UK, no-one owns it, but it's about if Manga Entertainment will profit off releasing it or not, because, as Australia hasn't released the Dragon Box, they would have to pay to create the PAL masters themselves

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

DMaarten wrote:
The Japanese release is Region 2. THey probably kept Region 2 out of the loop because Toei is afraid of reverse importation and pirates. Image
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 pm

DMaarten wrote:
Yeah! Toei afraid Japanese fans will stop buying their singles because the fact that the US Dragon Box are even cheaper than their singles.
There is! the Japanese Dragon Boxes are Region 2.

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Although... you could always get a region-free DVD player and then reverse-import.
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

Raven

Post by Raven » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Kuhan wrote:Although... you could always get a region-free DVD player and then reverse-import.
Also, it's not that hard to hack your DVD player and make it region-free.. I never thought I could do that, but after googling for 5 minutes it turns out all I had to do was enter some simple combination on my remote! I've been happily importing ever since :)

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:46 am

Raven wrote:
Kuhan wrote:Although... you could always get a region-free DVD player and then reverse-import.
Also, it's not that hard to hack your DVD player and make it region-free.. I never thought I could do that, but after googling for 5 minutes it turns out all I had to do was enter some simple combination on my remote! I've been happily importing ever since :)
Same here! I just entered a digit combination and voila, region free! One thing that bothers me though, I only wish I could do the same with my PS3, to make it Multi-regional. I don't even know if you can buy multi-region Blu-ray players, and even if you could, I'd say it would be very expensive to buy one. The only reason I want this, is to buy the Steelcase movies.
Also, I'm getting very worried as I heard (on this forum) that some are going out of print.
PS3 PSN: Jordanator
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG: J0RDANAT0R
nathantheguitarist wrote: I will punch children.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:56 am

jordanator wrote:I don't even know if you can buy multi-region Blu-ray players, and even if you could, I'd say it would be very expensive to buy one. The only reason I want this, is to buy the Steelcase movies.
I've been looking for a multi-region Blu-ray player, and everyone I find is over £200! So yeah, they're pretty expensive. :lol: I would love to get a Blu-ray player, but I want it region free.
jordanator wrote:Also, I'm getting very worried as I heard (on this forum) that some are going out of print.
I think that's only for the "Cooler's Revenge/Return of Cooler" double feature; sites like Amazon.com and Rightstuf don't have it in stock. AxelMusic don't have it in stock, but it is listed as "on order". It's pretty expensive though: £15.09!

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am

I think that's only for the "Cooler's Revenge/Return of Cooler" double feature, sites like Amazon.com and Rightstuf don't have it in stock. AxelMusic don't have it in stock, but it is listed as "on order". It's pretty expensive though, £15.09!
Most of the movies are around 11-16 pounds on Amazon.co.uk, even from Supermart USA (which I find usually has it cheapest). On Play.com, I think they may be ever so slightly cheaper. I went on Axel the other day, and I saw some Steelcase movies for 5-9 pounds! I was getting really excited, until I saw the others for 20-odd pounds! I don't know why the prices varied so much.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 am

I'm hoping the last double feature will go down in price soon, if I can get it for £4/5 that would be great. Just make them all the same prices! :lol:

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:09 pm

SSJSteve wrote:I'm hoping the last double feature will go down in price soon, if I can get it for £4/5 that would be great. Just make them all the same prices! :lol:
Wait, can you get any of the Steelcase movies for under 10 pounds/dollars? If so, please tell me where!

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:59 pm

jordanator wrote:Wait, can you get any of the Steelcase movies for under 10 pounds/dollars? If so, please tell me where!
I wish it was all of them, but unfortunately only two are on sale.

Dead Zone/World's Strongest (DVD) - £4.29.
Android 13/Bojack Unbound (DVD) - £5.25.

Try and buy them in the next 5 hours, that's when the cheap shipping promotion runs out. No worries if you cant though, shipping for the double features is usually quite cheap. :)