When I first heard about Kai, I thought it was a new series after GT, or maybe even a remake.Goku100xKamehameha wrote:I was thinking about making this topic.When I first heard Kai, I thought it's about Kaio.The Tori-bot wrote:While rolling around in mountainous piles of money, Mr Toriyama told an interviewer: "Kai? What's that? Is it some sort of series about Kaio? Which one was Kaio, again...?"
Toriyama's Opinion/Stance on Kai
Re: Toriyama's Opinion/Stance on Kai
-
Coola Yagami
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 429
- Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:35 am
Re: Toriyama's Opinion/Stance on Kai
Choice195 wrote:When I first heard about Kai, I thought it was a new series after GT, or maybe even a remake.Goku100xKamehameha wrote:I was thinking about making this topic.When I first heard Kai, I thought it's about Kaio.The Tori-bot wrote:While rolling around in mountainous piles of money, Mr Toriyama told an interviewer: "Kai? What's that? Is it some sort of series about Kaio? Which one was Kaio, again...?"
Probably the same thing Toriyama was thinking.....
-
Piccolo Daimaoh
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5407
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Re: Toriyama's Opinion/Stance on Kai
When I first heard about Kai, I thought it wasn't going to be a lazy cash-in.Choice195 wrote: When I first heard about Kai, I thought it was a new series after GT, or maybe even a remake.
- Chibi Mystic Gohan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2890
- Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:55 pm
- Location: Wakusei Bejeeter
Re: Toriyama's Opinion/Stance on Kai
Dragon Ball wasn't exactly a one hit wonder... Dr. Slump was extremely popular in Japan, too.LeprikanGT wrote:I could kind of see why he feels the way he does about DB, sort of like how some 1 hit wonder people hate their 1 hit after awhile because people don't appreciate their Other work....BUT.... this is DRAGONBALL. I know it's not true but thats like the biggest thing to ever come from Japan to me[aside from amazing technology]
On Kai; I would hope he atleast watched an episode or two. Isn't this the first time a show has been re-done like this?
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?