Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:24 am

He also did pretty well fighting off the Saibaiman. He'd have beaten it easily had it not been able to selfdestruct.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:34 am

Cell: "I take note".

Classic. :P

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 am

I think #17 will stop the fight.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I wonder what's going through the translators mind.
*Long - Deep - Sigh*.............. What now?! :x
It's just an awkward translation, is all. Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad that we at least get something. But if Salagir gets as many offers for English translators as I've heard, then I don't see why he's sticking with this one. (Not to debunk the hard work they may put into it.)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

jackrs113

Post by jackrs113 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Cell: "I take note".

Classic. :P
Maybe it's just me but I find that translation to fit well with Perfect Cell (or is it super perfect?). He always seemed like such a pompous character and I sort of expect that he would refer to himself in the third person all the time...yes I know that he is not technically talking in the third person but it still comes across the same way, as having that air of superiority. Some of the other translations seem a little weird but I don't really mind all that much. I have to say it's an interesting turn of events, having Yamcha as an android.

I'm still waiting patiently for the main villain to be unveiled.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 pm

For those who translate DBM (which I can't remember who does the job now :P ) what can you tell us about the next chapter? Special?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:For those who translate DBM (which I can't remember who does the job now :P ) what can you tell us about the next chapter? Special?
Yes, it will be a special.

I will said this: some of you will dislike the art. Its not bad (I like it), its just different. Also, this special will NOT be like the others. Its more of a collection of various moments (mostly humorous) from one universe, like a collection of mini-comics about that particular universe and not a single linear chapter about it.

But I won`t spoil anything. You`ll see soon enough. I`ve just made this little warning to prevent some of you from being taken aback negatively by it.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Huh...its either History of U9 or U16. Very interesting :)
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm

I wonder who the artist is. Scarz and Kaboom, did you guys ever get a chance to make a special?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

Nope, haven't started yet.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:50 am

rereboy wrote: Yes, it will be a special.
I am facepalming so hard right now. :?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:27 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:It's not Yamcha. Its 17 who happens to look like Yamcha. Even Broly had decent action and other characters being awesome (Notably how Namek catches a blast with one hand with his eyes closed and Bra seeing her father's true power for the first time etc. ) This is just two unimportant characters given an unecessary plot twist and overlong boring fight with no change in pace or any kind of new moves.
And you keep going on, and on, and on....
TonyTheTiger wrote:I love U9. I think it's one of the most interesting universes. But Yamcha being an android diminishes his worth...again. I was hoping it would be the universe in which Yamcha really managed to accomplish something on his own. Where his power was exclusively his. But if he's actually an android it sort of cheapens his accomplishments. Once again Yamcha wasn't good enough. He needed some kooky scientist to fiddle with him before he could hang with the big boys.
I have to find this hilarious in a fictional work where nearly every character have gotten cheap power ups over the years, including the Humans. Specially when we do not know when he got the upgrade in the first place, an upgrade that is suppose to mainly give him a higher energy input and stamina. Got nothing to do with skill.
Last edited by Olympian on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:33 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
They allow Gogeta Jr some down/resting time without having to work in/worry about DBM as hard as he does during the normal chapters. They even allow him the opportunity to just make several more pages in advance than he normally does at a much more relaxed shedule, if he is up for it. This is all done in free time, after all.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

rereboy wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
They allow Gogeta Jr some down/resting time without having to work in/worry about DBM as hard as he does during the normal chapters. They even allow him the opportunity to just make several more pages in advance than he normally does at a much more relaxed shedule, if he is up for it. This is all done in free time, after all.
They're totally worth is, IMO. I just wish he'd treat it as a side-manga instead of putting it under DBM. In other words, instead of pages 1-12 being DBM, 13-15 being a special and DBM picking up exactly where page 12 left off, I'd rather there be no page updates for DBM as the specials got released under their own titles.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Bah, he just wants to get her into bed!!

And thus, I discovered Scarz's special chapter...
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Notice how old Tenshinhan looks.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Yamcha: "I give up."

Seriously Yamcha! We had a chance to see you win for once, and you forfeited?!!
rereboy wrote:Notice how old Tenshinhan looks.
Wha O.O!! Thanks for pointing that out! I guess this leaves just Yamcha the only cyborg in the group.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:42 pm

I didn't think Tien ever aged...
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Jaruka wrote:
I didn't think Tenshinhan ever aged...
Its not very easy to make Tenshinhan look old due to his design, but Gogeta Jr pulls it off beautifully.
SHINOBI-03 wrote: Seriously Yamcha! We had a chance to see you win for once, and you forfeited?!!
Well, he showed that he was clearly superior to #18 and that she didn`t stand a chance of winning.
He is only not considered the winner of that match due to a mere formality. And he conceded that "technical defeat" only to make #18 trust him, so that she would allow him to help her and #17 regain their "humanity".

That`s a win in my book.

Also, like he says, there are fighters much more powerful than him in the tournament. He knew that he wouldn`t be able to win it, even if he won against #18, so he gathered that helping #17 and #18 would be more worthwhile. And I agree. If he succeeds, he will be saving them and all the humans on Earth in their universe. He`ll be a great hero. He would be succeeding where Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, etc failed (in their universe).

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm not as disappointed with this result as I probably should be. Mostly because he's actually doing something heroic. Plus Krillin and Ten's dialogue is just :lol:.