Does there exist Dragon Ball compressed?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Daniel_BMS

Does there exist Dragon Ball compressed?

Post by Daniel_BMS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Not Dragon Ball Z The Abridged Series created for humor, but a fan created series of shortened Dragon Ball (including Z and GT) episodes that only cover important plot points, and shortens the fight scenes.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Re: Does there exist Dragon Ball compressed?

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Er...well...there's the Dragonball Kai. Have you heard about Kai? It's not fanmade but it's pretty much what you're asking for. It only covers Z though.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:27 pm

I would be interested in a not-Kai thing of this sort. Not that I'd have the faintest idea of how to go about making it of course, but yeah.

... I really want to see someone try to edit the Goku Freeza fight to as little time as possible without cutting out dialog that was in the manga. XD. But the series as a whole would be interesting to see compressed as well.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Daniel_BMS

Post by Daniel_BMS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Oh yeah I forgot to mention a compressed Dragon Ball that isn't Dragon Ball Kai. What I am imagining is a compressed Dragon Ball series that is even more compressed than Dragon Ball Kai!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm

I has once thought of doing something like this. More like shortening the series (Z) into 2 hour long or so features by story arc: a Saiyan arc feature length presentation, a Freeza arc feature length presentation, and a Jinzoningen/Cell arc feature length presentation. I figured I could leave the Buu arc alone since, while I really do enjoy it, the story arc just seemed to exist to make some more money (Well, one could argue everything after the Pilaf arc was in existence for the money :p). I also thought of editing the Cell games to have Cell somehow kill Goku before Gohan's transformation and then have Gohan's entire transformation and destruction of Cell to the full version of Unmei no Hi. But that would take a lot of hard drive space just to rip all the DVD's and then a long time to sit and edit it all together.

Perhaps one day, when I'm old, retired, and no one cares about this series anymore...
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Well, the idea of splicing footage around to make something completely new (kinda like Power Rangers, minus the U.S. Footage) certainly interests me, too... but again with the not having the ability. :(

I'd say that Abridged got the time about right (other than the occasional gag cutaways and the inclusion of some popular bits of filler). Something like that, only with original dialog sounds interesting.

... Geh. The whole Freeza fight could have been the length of a forty-minute movie. T.T
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 am

Daniel_BMS wrote:Oh yeah I forgot to mention a compressed Dragon Ball that isn't Dragon Ball Kai. What I am imagining is a compressed Dragon Ball series that is even more compressed than Dragon Ball Kai!
There is this, but the guy/girl who made it has only made 2 parts of it, so it only covers the Saiyan saga.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:57 am

Yes. This mythical thing DOES exist, and it's official. It is the most official of all Dragonball products. It's called the "manga".
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am

Freeza Heika wrote:Yes. This mythical thing DOES exist, and it's official. It is the most official of all Dragonball products. It's called the "manga".
It isn't "fan created" though :wink:
Daniel_BMS wrote:Not Dragon Ball Z The Abridged Series created for humor, but a fan created series of shortened Dragon Ball (including Z and GT) episodes that only cover important plot points, and shortens the fight scenes.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:36 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Freeza Heika wrote:Yes. This mythical thing DOES exist, and it's official. It is the most official of all Dragonball products. It's called the "manga".
Daniel_BMS wrote:Not Dragon Ball Z The Abridged Series created for humor, but a fan created series of shortened Dragon Ball (including Z and GT) episodes that only cover important plot points, and shortens the fight scenes.
That's kind of a superfluous detail, when the manga is the story broken down to its simplest form.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am

Freeza Heika wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
That's kind of a superfluous detail, when the manga is the story broken down to its simplest form.
Sure the manga is, it doesn't change the fact that Daniel_BMS asked for something created by fans, fittingly posted in the Fan-Created Works section and not in say General Discussion or Dragonball Questions. 8)

Daniel_BMS

Post by Daniel_BMS » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:38 pm

The manga is not a video though.