Kai Episode 79 (31 October 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Kai Episode 79 (31 October 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:27 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai Episode 79, aired 31 October 2010.

そして最悪の事態へ…セル、18号に襲いかかる!
Soshite Sai'aku no Jitai he... Seru, Juuhachi-Gou ni Osoikakaru!
And So, The Situation Takes a Turn for the Worst...
Cell Attacks No. 18!

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Kai Episode 79 (31 October 2010)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Cell didn't said anything in this episode or the preview and Trunks is the one who does the preview.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 pm

This week, on Dragon Ball Kai...!! Cell has convinced Super Vegeta to allow him to find and absorb Artificial Human #18, promising a much better fight. Meanwhile, Kuririn has chosen #18 over shutting her down. When Cell spots them, however, an all-out assault begins to protect #18 from Cell. Finally, however, she is lost to Cell.

Dragon Ball covered: starts four pages before the end of #380, ends with
Dragon Ball Z covered: begins about 14.75 minutes into 158, ends at the #160 eyecatch. My goodness, they cut all of #160's first half into...two minutes of Kai.

Next week, the completed 'Perfect' Cell does battle with Super Vegeta!! Bad animation, too. >_<
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Yeah. Sadly this is the point where Uchiyama Masayuki REALLY gets bad. I can't look at his perfect Cell without thinking Cell has a mullet...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 pm

It's such a shame. Uchiyama's actual fluidity wasn't that bad. His art just...didn't really appeal to the eye.

Anyhow, here's the next episode preview.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:31 am

There was some really cool eerie music while Cell was transforming.
Was it a new track?

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:30 am

Hmm... A nice little touch in the title of the next episode is how the word used for Cell starting up/taking action is partcularly in regards to machines.
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:25 am

Heh. I liked the "Konnichi wa. Trunks desu." in the beginning of the NEP.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm

Heh, I'm glad they're giving other characters an occasional chance to lead off, although I still preferred, "Yo! Yamucha da!" at the end of the Freeza arc. :D
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Damn good episode. Can´t wait to hear Cell´s voice in the next episode.
dan2026 wrote:There was some really cool eerie music while Cell was transforming.
Was it a new track?
I believe I heard it before. The BGM during Cell´s Tayoken attack was new I think.
Ashy-kun wrote:Hmm... A nice little touch in the title of the next episode is how the word used for Cell starting up/taking action is partcularly in regards to machines.
Do you mean the way it´s written/pronounced in Japanese?

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 pm

*sigh* This episode was like watching your favorite movie, super special awesome. I mean it was dynamic, thrilling and every character was actively part of the story.

SSJ Trunks's hair looked supernaturally cool. :shock:

Also...Trunks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!@#%^*$#@@!>>>>##$$$>>>>>Vegeta.
May it be said once in a while.

Anybody familiar with comixed.com ?

One word 18......Suffer. :twisted:

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:07 am

I actually watched this episode. First time seeing Kai in Japanese since Goku arrived on Namek, all right! :lol: (New ending freaked me out)

Been a looong while since I've seen this part.

I shed a tear for 18... :cry:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 am

Ashy-kun wrote:Hmm... A nice little touch in the title of the next episode is how the word used for Cell starting up/taking action is partcularly in regards to machines.
Do you mean the way it´s written/pronounced in Japanese?[/quote]

I mean precisely what I said. The word they use for Cell taking action or "starting up" is "shidou", which has a nuance for being the starting up of a machine, e.g. a car. For instance, I would translate the title as "Turning the Tables! The Complete Form Cell Finally Starts Up".

Literally, "keisei gyakuten" is "A Reversal of the Situation", and could be possibly translated as "A Turn of the Tides". However, the phrase "turning the tables" has more of a nuance of one's disadvantageous situation being switched to an advantageous one (this is furthered by the fact that "keisei" can mean one's prospects), i.e. Cell now having gotten his wish of becoming his Complete Form, and now having more than enough power to easily take care of Super Vegeta. A similar phrase one could use is "The shoe is on the other foot." However, I think we can agree that "Turning the Tables" is slightly more dramatic.
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 am

This was an amazing Episode, One Hit to victory (the new track) is an amazing battle theme, it's so epic I'm gonna die xD.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Ashy-kun wrote:
I mean precisely what I said. The word they use for Cell taking action or "starting up" is "shidou", which has a nuance for being the starting up of a machine
The reason I asked was because I couldn't really associate the phrase ''going into action'' with a machine. I'd rather prefer ''becomes operational'', but the Japanese ''starting up'' also makes more sense to me if you'd associate it with a machine. Then again, I'm not a native English speaker so....yeah.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:04 pm

What an improvement, Cell's transformation was just long enough to be dramatic without taking an entire episode!

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:13 am

Son Wukong wrote:
Ashy-kun wrote:
I mean precisely what I said. The word they use for Cell taking action or "starting up" is "shidou", which has a nuance for being the starting up of a machine
The reason I asked was because I couldn't really associate the phrase ''going into action'' with a machine. I'd rather prefer ''becomes operational'', but the Japanese ''starting up'' also makes more sense to me if you'd associate it with a machine. Then again, I'm not a native English speaker so....yeah.
Well, I used the "going into action/taking action" phrase, since this is how the unofficial "official" translation from Kanzentai has translated it. Like I said, I personally translate it as "starting up", as in like an engine. I mean, I tend to be slightly different or perhaps more specific in my translations. For instance, for this episode, I personally translate the title as: "And So, Onto the Worst Case Scenario/State of Affairs... Cell Swoops Down Upon No. 18".

But it's just my opinion against someone else's. Neither are that more correct. (Read: "I wouldn't dare challenge Herms, not that I can even be thought of as a 'threat'.")

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:59 pm

I pretty much just go with whatever wording I think sounds coolest. All very scientific, you understand...
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 am

I just got done watching this episode. I loved Cell's transformation to his perfect form (probably better than the original). I think it was the new BGM piece that made it feel so epic. Nicely done!

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:27 am

Saiyajin no Tatsujin wrote:I just got done watching this episode. I loved Cell's transformation to his perfect form (probably better than the original). I think it was the new BGM piece that made it feel so epic. Nicely done!
I Think the same geez the episode felt like a high Budget movie!

I hope they get us new Bgms at the end of cell saga if they Don't do it I hope the Buu saga will have the best score ever!