BleedingCool News claims Toriyama is writing new Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: BleedingCool News claims Toriyama is writing new Dragon Ball

Post by ThunderPX » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

When was it debunked?
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm curious if this is true or not but I've found no sources from Japan what so ever, to me.. it seems like false information.

Oh well, maybe someone could accurately dub/produce some of the card based anime's and fire 4kids? Well one can dream right?

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

It's kinda obvious from the very beginning that this is either false information or something else that's been misinterpreted as Toriyama getting back into the manga.

We've seen zero sources from Japan. Why would we suddenly go back to "my friend's cousin's uncle's neighbor" style of rumors?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:32 pm

It's been weeks since this announcement was made, and nothing has happened. If it is real then maybe we will find out something next year. Who knows ;).
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

painfuldeath

Post by painfuldeath » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:08 am

If this turns out to be true I won't be surprised in the least. With DragonBall Kai injecting some life into the franchise, it seems only logical to keep the ball rolling after the end of the series. One shots and parodies are all fine and dandy but when it comes to supporting a franchise they do nothing to further increase its value. However, my guess is that if this is indeed the case it will be more of a proper ending for the storyline, something that would set up the plot for the MMORPG (which frankly is a ridiculous and very near sighted approach).

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 pm

The recent Weekly Jump is out in Japan now and look what happens to be on the cover:

It ain't Dragon Ball, but that's definitely from Toriyama. I've found virtually zero info on it, unfortunately. :(

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Tsukento wrote:The recent Weekly Jump is out in Japan now and look what happens to be on the cover:

It ain't Dragon Ball, but that's definitely from Toriyama. I've found virtually zero info on it, unfortunately. :(
Here

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Hm, so if that news came around in September, and the news from BleedingCool came in around October, then it's REALLY starting to support my idea that he basically got his info wrong and assumed that him doing Kintoki would be more Dragon Ball.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Tsukento wrote:Hm, so if that news came around in September, and the news from BleedingCool came in around October, then it's REALLY starting to support my idea that he basically got his info wrong and assumed that him doing Kintoki would be more Dragon Ball.
Sounds reasonable.
His credibility will forever be tarnished :lol:

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Tsukento wrote:Hm, so if that news came around in September, and the news from BleedingCool came in around October, then it's REALLY starting to support my idea that he basically got his info wrong and assumed that him doing Kintoki would be more Dragon Ball.
Yeah but where did he get the info that it would be getting a simultaneous worldwide manga release?

He made it up.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Yeah but where did he get the info that it would be getting a simultaneous worldwide manga release?

He made it up.
What would a very trustworthy, refutable reporter get out of making shit up?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:What would a very trustworthy, refutable reporter get out of making shit up?
Views at first. Then a big shit storm to follow. Maybe he didn't make it up, and if that is the case, his indisclosable sources did.

Whatever the case, there is an irrefutable fact here. Something stinks about all this. It doesn't add up the way this "trustworthy" reporter claims.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 pm

As I said, it's simply possible that he got his information mixed up, rather than it being made up. It's not the first time we've had news and information mixed up by both those that know Japanese and those that don't.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:34 pm

That's still an awfully big leap to make, though. Especially since he specifically mentioned that A) it would be tied to Dragon Ball Online, and B) that it would be getting a simultaneous worldwide release. A lot of wires would have had to have been crossed to mistake the news of this new one-shot with all of that.

And, while I'm still very doubtful that this will happen, there is one new development to add to the "Maybe it's true" argument. Shueisha is starting a new magazine next month called "Super Strong Jump" that's going to feature spin-offs of big series like Naruto and One Piece, but done by other authors. If Shueisha wanted to add a new Dragon Ball series to the mix, Toriyama isn't quite as busy as Kishimoto and Oda currently are, so he could theoretically do it himself.

Again, I'm still very skeptical about all this, but I like to be aware of reasonable possibilities, and I hope others do too. Just don't get your hopes up until we hear something concrete.
-Rachel

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:10 pm

TripleRach wrote: And, while I'm still very doubtful that this will happen, there is one new development to add to the "Maybe it's true" argument. Shueisha is starting a new magazine next month called "Super Strong Jump" that's going to feature spin-offs of big series like Naruto and One Piece, but done by other authors. If Shueisha wanted to add a new Dragon Ball series to the mix, Toriyama isn't quite as busy as Kishimoto and Oda currently are, so he could theoretically do it himself.
That news just made my week.

EDIT: I just hope the stories aren't drawn in that chibi-style.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog