DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Rocketman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Oh come on, you did Tree of Might and didn't include the Spirit Bomb denial? I was all amped up for it after the Santa speech.

Otherwise it was hilarious. The Reindeer noises were a great touch.

And also ChiChi.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Rocketman wrote:Oh come on, you did Tree of Might and didn't include the Spirit Bomb denial? I was all amped up for it after the Santa speech.

And also ChiChi.
Well, wanted to emphasize the "CHRISTMAS JOY CONQUERS ALL". Also, y'know, time constraints. Besides, that wasn't a regular Spirit Bomb. It was a "Christmas Spirit" Bomb.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 pm

If every time I was feeling down I got a motivational speech from Santa, I could do anything too.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Oh come on, you did Tree of Might and didn't include the Spirit Bomb denial? I was all amped up for it after the Santa speech.

And also ChiChi.
Well, wanted to emphasize the "CHRISTMAS JOY CONQUERS ALL". Also, y'know, time constraints. Besides, that wasn't a regular Spirit Bomb. It was a "Christmas Spirit" Bomb.
Yeah, the spirit of Christmas was clearly the winner here.

Besides, there's always going to be some joke we never get to see that we've thought of.

I was totally expecting a reaction of rage-inducing disgust when Vegeta ran into Krillin's "Whack-a-cave", if you know what I mean. And I think you do.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Wow I was having a really crappy day till I watched this. Thank you Teamfourstar, now I'm full of christmas joy.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm

BEST. CHRISTMAS. SPECIAL. EVER.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I dont think I will ever be able to listen to Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer in the same light ever again after watching this.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Mewzard wrote:Besides, there's always going to be some joke we never get to see that we've thought of.

I was totally expecting a reaction of rage-inducing disgust when Vegeta ran into Krillin's "Whack-a-cave", if you know what I mean. And I think you do.
Yep, I was expecting Bojack to speak up when Kaio was telling Goku about the "space pirates"!

Great special, Kaiser! (I would address this to everybody, but it seems you're the only one that really posts here...) I don't normally laugh out loud when I watch a comedy; I'm more of a grinner. But the Ghost Nappa bit had me in tears!
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 pm

I really enjoyed all aspects of it. I caught on to the "Christmas Spirit" Bomb after the whole speech with Santa. Speaking of Santa, Kyle did a great job with his voice. I couldn't even tell it was Kyle!

Agreed with penguintruth too on the main minion's voice. There was something that was really awesome about it.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Great idea for a Christmas special guys. That was the best, most uplifting holiday feature I have seen this year so far (sad I know)! :D

P.S. Sad at the end though that both Gohan and Kuririn got "Canon" in their stocking. :?

Animefreak1325
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Animefreak1325 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:29 am

KaiserNeko wrote:

And also ChiChi.
Or as 4Kids would say, "Christmas Spirit Blast".

That's seriously one of the worst edits in DBZKai so far, and on top of that, it's also retarded. And if you didn't hear, it's retarded. <<

Animefreak1325
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Animefreak1325 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 am

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:I really enjoyed all aspects of it. I caught on to the "Christmas Spirit" Bomb after the whole speech with Santa. Speaking of Santa, Kyle did a great job with his voice. I couldn't even tell it was Kyle!

Agreed with penguintruth too on the main minion's voice. There was something that was really awesome about it.
Yeah, I could hardly tell it was Kyle, either. I actually went back in the video and payed attention to his voice, and it just didn't sound like him.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:23 am

Animefreak1325 wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:I really enjoyed all aspects of it. I caught on to the "Christmas Spirit" Bomb after the whole speech with Santa. Speaking of Santa, Kyle did a great job with his voice. I couldn't even tell it was Kyle!

Yeah, I could hardly tell it was Kyle, either. I actually went back in the video and payed attention to his voice, and it just didn't sound like him.
To be honest I thought they where joking! :shock:

Animefreak1325
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Animefreak1325 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:59 am

Maphisto86 wrote:
Animefreak1325 wrote:

To be honest I thought they where joking! :shock:
Hm, yeah, I could see why you thought that.

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:14 am

The saiyan saga was kinda shaky at times, but ever since the guys have gotten to namek it's been seriously one of the funniest shows ever made

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't get it, what's a mouth present?

Joke

Anyway, I loved this special! It really brightened up my day and it caught me off guard a few times. It's great how many little jokes they were able to get in, like: "Bitch you look like Goku". It's great how you guys were able to link so much from the movie to Christmas! I'll rewatch this on Christmas day! Thanks for the laughs :).
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:16 pm

"That thing you do with your mouth?"
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DisapprovingOwl
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DisapprovingOwl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 am

Just wanted to come out from my usual lurker status to say: this was superb. = ) I was surprised that it made me laugh out loud a few times, which not many things do. From little references such as "Bitch you look like Goku" and Turles breaking into a speech from How The Grinch Stole Christmas, to just superb pieces of comic timing. Getting Kyle Hebert to voice Santa was just the icing on the Christmas cake, so to speak!

The only downside to the special was that it meant we have to wait a bit longer before we see any more Ginyu Force action. = P In general, the laughs have been coming much more consistently in Season 2 - Season 1 was pretty hilarious, particularly in the later episodes, but IMO the hit-to-miss ratio of jokes in Season 2 is much more consistently skewed towards "hit", as the team has honed their skills.

Very much looking forward to future eps as and when we get them. = ) In the meantime, this special was an awesome distraction and an awesome Christmas treat. Kudos to all involved!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Now i got another "Must see at every Christmas" movie,thank you :P
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

coola wrote:Now i got another "Must see at every Christmas" movie,thank you :P
Haha, I know right?
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.