Pre- Goku vs Cell Filler Material Kept

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
Ussj Future Trunks
Regular
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 am

Pre- Goku vs Cell Filler Material Kept

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Why is there so much filler in the pre Cell vs Goku? Even though it looks like Goku vs Cell will only be around 2 episodes long. I mean Kai's point is cutting all that shit. I understand leaving in Satan's disciples though.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 18938
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: 🏳️‍⚧️🍉

Re: Pre- Goku vs Cell Filler Material Kept

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:44 am

They didn't keep much. I think only a scene here or there was kept, is all. They can't really cover the television broadcast, the Sons emerging, meeting Cell, meeting Karin, resting, Cell destroying the military, Gokû going to Kaiô then Namek then collecting the Balls, introducing Mr. Satan, showing up at the arena, and Mr. Satan fighting Cell all in one episode.
💙💜💖 She/Her 💙💜💖
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3

Post Reply